Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Syndication should save it for a fourth season...let's hope. They moved it to Friday after S1! In S1 it had better results, it was with TVD.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Shows why channels really should leave something which works alone :p . I hope it has a 4th season if not moe for you

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i too hope for a 4th season. nikita is one of the best shows on tv, more people should watch it.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It's not a typical CW show, that's why people don't watch it...or at least the channel doesn't help.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

true, the CW is more invested in teen shows.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Nikita deserved another channel

Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

which one do you think would be the best?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It really isn't the same as their other shows which is a shame. People who'd normally watch something like this probably miss it because of which channel its on

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
which one do you think would be the best?
I don't know very much american channels, but I hear often people say that Nikita will be great (and safer) on cable. The pressure I guess will be lower.

Quote:
People who'd normally watch something like this probably miss it because of which channel its on
This is particularly true on CW, sadly.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have to agree with those people, tbh. we would only have 12/13 eps per season but nikita would be much safer on cable.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

If cable is anything like payTV here it would be safer. They generally don't screw around with shows & don't care as much about ratings. Its a real shame that a show with such potential is hidden away on CW. It'd be interesting if we could find out how it would do on another channel, other than cable to see if it was noticed better too... Shame it probably can't go channel hoping

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ i totally agree with you.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

0.5 and even a 0.6 in the first half an hour (even if I can't find the source of the 0.6, I read it in one italian forum).

Quote:
18/49 Rating/Share: 0.5/2
Viewers: 1.42
source

This is the average. An italian forum (without source, I'm sorry) says:

8.00 - 1.48 and 0.6
8.30 - 1.38 and 0.5

Quote:
If cable is anything like payTV here it would be safer. They generally don't screw around with shows & don't care as much about ratings.
Yeah, That's why a lot of people around say that it would be great on a cable channel. Probably they don't care much about the ratings because they already have people who pay for viewing, so they don't really need advertisers.

Quote:
It'd be interesting if we could find out how it would do on another channel, other than cable to see if it was noticed better too...
At this point sadly Nikita couldn't go to another channel with these results. On CW they're fine, considering the Friday factor too. But on another channel it would be a disaster. I saw that other channels cancel shows with ratings far better than Nikita ones.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I agree about cable being paid for so not needing the advertisers (or at least needing the money to pay for them) as much

I just meant if it was on another channel, it may have been noticed more & had better ratings. People who normally watch this sort of thing might miss it because of where it is . Now if it changed over without starting from the beginning it would make no difference. At least CW knows they have lower ratings so they keep that in mind when cancelling.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

nikita is doing way better than, let's say, 90210