Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nikita Reviews&Ratings #2 ~ B/c if we were in charge at the CW, this would be the 1st show we'd pick up for a 2nd season

Nikita Reviews & Ratings Thread #2

Quote:
The CW’s The Vampire Diaries stayed at its season low 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, while Nikita rose a tenth vs. last week to a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
TV Ratings Thursday: 'Idol' Rolls On; 'Paul Reiser Show' Crashes On Takeoff; 'Community,' 'Vampire Diaries' At Series Lows; 'Office,' 'Bones,' 'Parks,' '30 Rock,' 'Outsourced,' 'Nikita' Up

Quote:
And The CW aired its most-watched series, The Vampire Diaries (Viewers: #4, 2.65 million; A18-49: #5, 1.1/ 4), followed by on-the-fence Nikita (Viewers: #5, 1.94 million; A18-49: #5, 0.8/ 2). Given The CW’s current rating woes, chances are Nikita will be back next season.
source:
Thursday 4/21/11 - Topic

Previous Threads

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM
New Fan

Good title
Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
New Fan

If Nikita doesn't get picked up for at least a second season, I die.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I hope it gets picked up! it's a really good show
Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

It better get picked up! It's far too good of a show to not continue.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Fan

It'll get picked up, I hope it does.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Total Fan

I honestly think Nikita will get picked up for a second season. It just bothers me when I see these die-hard OTH fans who don't want to let the show go (just using them as an example here, since this is what I've had the most experience with) saying Nikita is doing pretty poorly in overall ratings and the CW's target demos and using that as a defense for why OTH is worth salvaging and Nikita isn't; using it in the same sentence as Hellcats by saying it's on the chopping block, claiming that since shows typically don't pick up in their second season, it doesn't make sense to renew it; arguing that they don't see it making it to a S3 or beyond, etc. Why does this all bother me so much?

1) Because, Nikita actually isn't doing as poorly as these people seem to think it is. It's still doing much better in the ratings than OTH and a lot of the other shows on the CW. If anything, it's one of the only shows on this crapfest of a network worth saving. Sorry, but I can't say the same about OTH, GG, 90210 and the like.

2) It's time for the CW to let go of their older shows like OTH that are way past their prime. That show is a complete trainwreck IMO and is pretty much mocked by critics. Nikita is at least critically acclaimed, even if the ratings aren't as steady as we would like them to be.

3) I have never believed for one second that Nikita was on the chopping block, so putting it in the same category as Hellcats is just an insult to such a brilliant show.

4) Nikita can go well beyond a S3 as I have complete faith in the creative team behind this show, who have proven to me time and time again that they can actually write a well-written show consistently. They don't have these silly, played out plotlines of horrid love triangles, random car crashes/kidnappings, terrible writing and even crappier acting, just to name a few. This show actually has stellar storylines, top notch acting and a creative team that knows what the hell they're doing. It's more than worth the risk.

And I'm sorry, but I find it laughable that anybody could say OTH or 90210 or GG are worth salvaging over this show. It just bothers me seeing this over the top hatred for Nikita when most of these people have never even bothered to venture out of their comfort zone of lameass, crappy teen soaps to actually watch a damn episode of EXCELLENT television. The biggest problem the CW has always had is the fact that they have too narrow of a focus on their target demo, which in turn alienates about half the viewing population, since more men actually watch television than women. By focusing solely on the W18-34 demographic, they're not accurately representing the viewing population. And FYI, demos shouldn't be everything. Overall viewers should count for something and Nikita regularly places third overall behind only TVD and Smallville. That's pretty significant in my personal opinion.

Okay, rant over.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Completely understandable rant. If the worst happened with Nikita...I can't even say it... I would just disapper I couldn't watch anything CW related.
Nikita is thrid in the overall ratings of all the shows. Above GG, 90210, OTH, Hellcats etc. I don't get why they don't see how awesome that is for their network.
I seriously gave up on CW a long time ago, then Nikita came along and I fell in love
I don't why they're doing this to us. I'm just getting paranoid.

I didn't know some OTHers were being haters I used to watch it long ago when it still had some appeal. They had a good run.

The moment the news of Nikita's renewal appears post it quickly so I can just know.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, same here. If the worst happened regarding Nikita, not even TVD could keep me tuning into this network. I'd just download the episodes from iTunes instead, since I get them anyway due to the S2 season pass.

Neither do I. People fail to remember that the CW gets crappy ratings as a network overall, so it's all relative when it comes to the ratings the shows on their network get. Nikita actually gets pretty damn good ratings for a crapfest of a network that only gets 95% coverage normally, in comparison to the 98% coverage the rest of the major networks regularly receive.

Honestly, I was skeptical about Nikita at first. But I tuned in, because it premiered right after TVD and I fell HARD. It's been a long time since I've been this invested in a show on the CW besides TVD.

I hate that they're making us wait, because almost everywhere on the internet I've looked, most people believe Nikita to be a lock for renewal. Most people were actually surprised it wasn't included in the early renewals announcement.

I come across them from time to time and today happened to be one of those days, since the ratings for last night's lineup were released and both OTH and Hellcats did pretty horribly. From what I've seen, there are two reasons for why they're being haters (those OTH fans who don't watch Nikita that is, because I've met quite a few who actually willingly admit Nikita is a much better show and one of the CW's stronger shows ratings wise): a) they're grasping at straws, trying to come up with reasons as to why the CW should renew OTH for a S9 (hopefully FINAL season) and b) personally, I think a lot of them are also still bitter that Nikita beat out OTH in the TV Line 'save your show' bracket a while back. I stopped watching OTH around the beginning of S7, when I just couldn't take the trainwreck anymore. I think the show is way past its prime. They had a good run, but it's time to move on IMO.

haha Okay, will do.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlover4ever (View Post)
I honestly think Nikita will get picked up for a second season. It just bothers me when I see these die-hard OTH fans who don't want to let the show go (just using them as an example here, since this is what I've had the most experience with) saying Nikita is doing pretty poorly in overall ratings and the CW's target demos and using that as a defense for why OTH is worth salvaging and Nikita isn't; using it in the same sentence as Hellcats by saying it's on the chopping block, claiming that since shows typically don't pick up in their second season, it doesn't make sense to renew it; arguing that they don't see it making it to a S3 or beyond, etc. Why does this all bother me so much?

1) Because, Nikita actually isn't doing as poorly as these people seem to think it is. It's still doing much better in the ratings than OTH and a lot of the other shows on the CW. If anything, it's one of the only shows on this crapfest of a network worth saving. Sorry, but I can't say the same about OTH, GG, 90210 and the like.

2) It's time for the CW to let go of their older shows like OTH that are way past their prime. That show is a complete trainwreck IMO and is pretty much mocked by critics. Nikita is at least critically acclaimed, even if the ratings aren't as steady as we would like them to be.

3) I have never believed for one second that Nikita was on the chopping block, so putting it in the same category as Hellcats is just an insult to such a brilliant show.

4) Nikita can go well beyond a S3 as I have complete faith in the creative team behind this show, who have proven to me time and time again that they can actually write a well-written show consistently. They don't have these silly, played out plotlines of horrid love triangles, random car crashes/kidnappings, terrible writing and even crappier acting, just to name a few. This show actually has stellar storylines, top notch acting and a creative team that knows what the hell they're doing. It's more than worth the risk.

And I'm sorry, but I find it laughable that anybody could say OTH or 90210 or GG are worth salvaging over this show. It just bothers me seeing this over the top hatred for Nikita when most of these people have never even bothered to venture out of their comfort zone of lameass, crappy teen soaps to actually watch a damn episode of EXCELLENT television. The biggest problem the CW has always had is the fact that they have too narrow of a focus on their target demo, which in turn alienates about half the viewing population, since more men actually watch television than women. By focusing solely on the W18-34 demographic, they're not accurately representing the viewing population. And FYI, demos shouldn't be everything. Overall viewers should count for something and Nikita regularly places third overall behind only TVD and Smallville. That's pretty significant in my personal opinion.

Okay, rant over.
women you are AWESOME! this is perfectttttt! i agree with ALL of this!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Total Fan

So I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but TV By The Numbers updated their Renew/Cancel index on Tuesday. They had Nikita as 'more likely to be renewed than canceled by May 2011' all along, but now they've downgraded it along with OTH to 'could go either way' because of the slip in ratings. It's STILL the third highest rated show on the network and the CW has already canceled Life Unexpected, as well as ended Smallville. If the network needs to cancel a third show, Hellcats will be the first to go before either Nikita or OTH. These people in the comments are really annoying me, too. How do they not see that Nikita's numbers are still pretty good for the network? Ugh, god I hate the crapfest of a network that is the CW.

CW: 'Nikita' & 'One Tree Hill' Fall To "Toss Ups" For Renewal

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 05-05-2011 at 11:13 AM
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Total Fan

I hate that they are saying it slipped in ratings when it was pre-empted in places...of course the ratings where going to be lower!

The cast seem really positive and so am I, because overall it is one of their highest rated shows and its allowing them to bring in new audiences to the network.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate the the crapfest of a network that is the CW.
me too
i'll never watch another show on cw again if nikita is cancelled. but it won't be
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM
New Fan

Can you guys tell me what other shows are on at the same time as Nikita your side of the world?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Total Fan

^ This is what's on opposite Nikita where I am tonight:

ABC: Grey's Anatomy

CBS: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

NBC: The Office (9:00-9:30); Parks and Recreation (9:30-10:00)

FOX: Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo_panda (View Post)
I hate that they are saying it slipped in ratings when it was pre-empted in places...of course the ratings where going to be lower!

The cast seem really positive and so am I, because overall it is one of their highest rated shows and its allowing them to bring in new audiences to the network.
Exactly, that's what frustrates me.

That they do. After filming ended back in April, Shane tweeted that he was positive the show would be back next year. So, I'm not concerned really. So true. Nikita's the CW's third highest-rated show behind TVD and Smallville and one of the network's stronger shows ratings-wise. The network is already losing Smallville due to this being its final season, it already canceled Life Unexpected and Hellcats looks likely to be on the chopping block. They don't have the cash to premiere more than three new pilots in the fall, so I think Nikita is safe. I just hate how the CW is making us wait for the announcement and I hate how they've treated this wonderful show. If it were on any other network, it would be absolutely flourishing by now. Although I've been hearing lately that they're going to renew both Nikita and OTH at the Upfronts on May 19 and cancel Hellcats, which isn't hard to figure out or predict in my personal opinion. And last week, TV Guide said Nikita and OTH would most likely both return. I've just really had it up to here with how the CW has treated Nikita. They do NOT appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFaraday (View Post)
me too
i'll never watch another show on cw again if nikita is cancelled. but it won't be
Same here. Not even TVD could keep me tuning in after that. I'd just completely give up on the CW as a network. I think Nikita will be renewed, but I hate that they haven't renewed it yet and that they're making us wait so long for the announcement.

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 05-05-2011 at 10:42 AM