Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Yeah, Nikita has luck after all, another channel would have canceled it after S2. CW used to have more long shows, but now people get easily bored
At least the CW gives the fans the chance to get closure and a proper ending.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I agree, I never complained very much about these last six episodes: I read a lot of people annoyed and mad because of "only" six episodes while other low rated shows of the channel had more episodes. I'm fine with these six, it's already a great thing to have them instead of a cancelation. I always say it, Smash hadn't this chance like tons of others.

I'll enjoy them because they're even more special, for the show.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

I agree that I think it's always best to get a chance for some closure. Shows that get cancelled without that opportunity is so devastating!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely, I hate when a long-running series ends on a cliffhanger and no real closure
Old 10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

All so true! Nikita had a pretty good run, didn't it?

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Correct me If I'm wrong but I think the showrunner said the show was supposed to be have only three seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
I agree, I never complained very much about these last six episodes: I read a lot of people annoyed and mad because of "only" six episodes while other low rated shows of the channel had more episodes. I'm fine with these six, it's already a great thing to have them instead of a cancelation. I always say it, Smash hadn't this chance like tons of others.

I'll enjoy them because they're even more special, for the show.
I read a lot of angry comments about the six episodes and people should be grateful because the CW could have just canceled it. Also I think it only got six episodes because Gossip Girl's last season got ten and it had horrible ratings. My guess is that the CW isn't taking any risks this time.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the last season of Gossip Girl made a lot more sense than the previous one, but that's only my opinion. And I hope Nikita will be just as good if not better.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think it's probably because of how awful the ratings were for Gossip Girl's final season. I guess they were expecting numbers more in line with previous seasons, and instead there was a really HUGE drop, so they probably figure it isn't worth renewing Nikita for ten episodes if the ratings will be really abysmal? Six episodes does seem a little pointless to call a season though, I wonder why the CW didn't just notify the Nikita writers to make the third season the final one in the beginning Instead I think that the writers were planning on getting more episodes for season 4, and so have to wrap things up in a bit of a hurry now

And yep, Craig said that that he originally had a three year plan for Nikita I'm glad that it's not going to be one of those shows that drags on for too long tbh!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Correct me If I'm wrong but I think the showrunner said the show was supposed to be have only three seasons.
I remember him saying that - during S1 writing/filming - he had already 'planned' three seasons in his mind. But just as a "start", a general direction. But I'm sure he was open to write more, if the show had more success.

Writers often said they were confident about a S4, that's why they wrote the last episodes like they did

Old 10-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember everyone saying that Nikita getting picked up for season 3 meant that season 4 was a definite because of getting enough episodes for syndication, but I think that Nikita still doesn't have enough episodes for that?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Nikita was badly underestimated show since from the beginning. Not to mention that CW didn't advertise it that much and not to mention they put it in the day and a time slot that I'm sure they know, it won't work for the show's best interest. I think we needed at least 10 episodes. Gossip Girl got their 10 farewell ark and we've got... 6. Nice job!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It seemed like Nikita never got a great slot because the first season behind TvD was not such a great match-up IMO as Nikita is more of an action show, I think a lot of early viewers were expecting it to be similar to TvD with a love triangle between Michael/Nikita/Alex. And then after the first season the CW just gave up on it and paired it on Friday after some modelling show They could have made a kickass night of it by pairing it with another action show like Arrow
Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Once again, you just backed up my statement about CW being a bubblegum network. If that's what CW viewers expected from Nikita then this was definitely the wrong network.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I think we needed at least 10 episodes.
No, we needed a full season of at least 21 episodes. The syndication is 88 episodes - four full seasons - the first three seasons of Nikita make 67 episodes. GG had more than 100 episodes (the 100th was 5x12 or so), it was already syndicated.

Quote:
They could have made a kickass night of it by pairing it with another action show like Arrow
The problem is that when Arrow arrived, Nikita was already in a bad position. It started going bad from S2, so Arrow wouldn't have changed that much, imho

If you're in Toronto, you can go and BUY STUFF FROM THE SERIES! Dresses, shoes, objects...all stuff that was used in the show.

Quote:
‘Nikita’ props, wardrobe go on sale to the public

TORONTO — Want to fight crime in a pair of Maggie Q’s boots or watch your favourite secret agent show while sitting in Shane West’s chair?

With production of the final season of Nikita wrapped, thousands of items from the show are going on sale to the public in Toronto next week.

From Oct. 20 to 22, four years worth of clothing, props and set furnishings will be up for grabs at Cinespace at 721 Eastern Avenue.

The sale runs daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (extended to 7 p.m. on Oct. 21).

The merchandise includes kitchenware, artwork, linens, lamps and all kinds of furniture and electronics — including televisions, tablets and mobile phones.

Nikita fans can stock up on memories using cash, debit or credit cards.
source

I want some stuff

Last edited by airali_glo; 10-18-2013 at 01:44 PM
Old 10-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What would you pick if you could have anything?