Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Nikita News Thread #5 - Fourth season, here we come! - PREMIERE DATE: November 22th.

Welcome to the NIKITA News Thread!

Quote:
Nikita Renewed for Season 4

Once more, fans were kept waiting -- with the renewal or cancellation decisions on almost every other series on the CW already revealed -- but going into Upfronts week, and the announcement of the 2013-2014 schedule, the CW have renewed Nikita. Rejoice my fellow fans, the show will indeed be back for Season 4.

It was also good news for The Carrie Diaries, the only other CW series whose fate was not decided yet, which has been renewed for Season 2.

There is no news yet on how many episodes Nikita is getting. Earlier reports had reported Season 4 would probably be the final season, and that seems to be the case, given this tweet from Nikita creator Craig Silverstein.

Deadline say they hear Nikita will likely get a 13-episode order, but TVLine say it's likely a shorter six to ten episode season. Presumably, we'll get the final word on that by next Thursday, when The CW holds their Upfront.

For now, I'm just celebrating that the show will indeed be back and get a proper finish...
source

Quote:
'Nikita' to conclude with six-episode season 4 in 2013-2014

Though The CW renewed Nikita, starring Maggie Q, Lyndsy Fonseca, and Shane West for their 2013-2014 television line-up, it did not make it onto the fall schedule. Instead the cult espionage series will come back "later in the fall," with the conclusion of its drama in a tight, six-episode season designed to "give fans closure," per network president Mark Pedowiz.

As season three leaves the show, Amanda (Melinda Clarke) has teamed with a shadowy global organization and pulled off a shocking assassination that should disrupt the balance of the world forever. The blame for that assassination is falling on Nikita (Q), who first decides to work with Amanda, in order to save her fiance Michael's (West) life, and then ends up having to go on the run as a hunted rogue. The show will come full-circle to its pilot, where Nikita was a rogue Division agent, broken free and hell-bent on shutting the place down while saving all of the others just like her but still stuck inside.

The final episodes of the series will focus on Nikita clearing her name and still playing mother hen of sorts, trying to keep everyone around her safe.

Will you stick with Nikita to the end?
source

Quote:
Nikita Final Season Premiere Date Announced

Nikita‘s farewell season has an official launch date.

The erstwhile Division team will kick off its six-episode final mission on Friday, Nov. 22 at 9/8c.

The CW spy thriller’s fourth season will air over six straight weeks, leading up to a bound-to-be epic series finale on Dec. 27.

The official description of the swan-song run reads as follows…

Framed for assassinating the President at the end of last season, Nikita finds herself at the beginning of season four alone and on the run, hunted as the most wanted woman in the world. But when she follows up a lead that could clear her name, Nikita unexpectedly finds herself reunited with her old team. Forced to work together again, Nikita and her allies have to get past their emotional wounds in order to take down their nemesis, Amanda. In the process, they discover that the plot to frame Nikita is actually part of a much larger conspiracy, one that could lead to global catastrophe.

Showrunner Craig Silverstein recently assured TVLine that before Nikita draws to a close, the story will “come to a conclusion. As much of one as possible.”
source

Previous Threads:
01 02 03 04

Last edited by airali_glo; 10-04-2013 at 01:48 PM
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the new thread
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

We need a title

Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nikita Likely to Return for Shortened Final Season

Today, Deadline is reporting that good news could be coming for nearly everything left on the network, including IGN favorite Nikita. While it's remained a "bubble" show since it began, Nikita now is looking pretty good to be back for Season 4, with Deadline saying they hear the show's creator, Craig Silverstein, has signed a deal to return for what will be a shortened, final season of 6-13 episodes. As Deadline notes, the CW's president, Mark Pedowitz, has worked hard to allow shows with multiple seasons behind them to get proper closure, whether through a smaller final season (One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl) or informing the producers a show won't be renewed in time for them to make their season finale a series finale (90210). It's too late for the latter in Nikita's case (Season 3's finale is in production now), which is actually probably helpful for those of us hoping to see more episodes next season. Yes, 6 episodes would be an especially short run (13 is a nice number, CW!), but as a fan, I'm just happy to hear Nikita will likely get proper closure, even though I'll always lament it didn't have more viewers.

Helping Nikita is the fact that it is one of the CW’s top series on social media (something the network measure more than others) and its strong international sales for Warner Bros. TV.
Nikita Likely to Return for Shortened Final Season - IGN

Maybe something about that for the title? And urgh 13 episodes would be fine by me, but 6 really? I hope it's at least 12/13 episodes or else what's the point really

Last edited by airali_glo; 04-09-2013 at 07:34 AM
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I was going to post the same news. Deadline article is HERE.

I'm happy for more episodes as a closure, but 6 episodes are few to close all the plots, here, imho. This season for example started to grow around that episode...12 episodes are better.
Anyway the most important thing is to have a proper ending. 6 episodes are the minimum, but better than nothing. Let's hope Craig gets more episodes - One Tree Hill for its last ninth season got 13 episodes.

Anyway the article you linked has an update

Quote:
Update: Asked on Twitter about the shortened season, Silverstein replied "The statement isn't true because no decisions have been made yet." That would go hand in hand though with Deadline saying CW is leaning towards this decision on Nikita, not that they've made their final call.
IGN says that with 22 episodes it would reach the syndication, anyway. If they renew it for less, they don't want to sell it but simply close it, I guess.

Quote:
Maybe something about that for the title?
I'll think about it

Last edited by airali_glo; 04-09-2013 at 07:43 AM
Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The original series of Nikita only had 8 episodes for their final fifth season actually. But yeah 12 episodes would be my preference definitely

Honestly I'm surprised that they wouldn't give Nikita a full season though, what else are they going to put on Friday nights?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I want a ALEX spin off!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
IGN says that with 22 episodes it would reach the syndication, anyway. If they renew it for less, they don't want to sell it but simply close it, I guess.
why would they want to close it vs selling it? This whole shortened season thing doesn't make sense to me. Why can't they Just give us a full season!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
The original series of Nikita only had 8 episodes for their final fifth season actually. But yeah 12 episodes would be my preference definitely
Really? I didn't know that. I thought it had a full fifth season since it had such a big success.

I noticed that a lot of CW shows at their last season have 13 episodes. Also GG had 13 ones.

Quote:
why would they want to close it vs selling it?
Maybe because they know that no one would buy it or because they fear that the ratings will go down and they'll have to cancel it before to reach the 22nd episode. It also seems that they're going to renew almost all shows, so they could replace Nikita with another one.

In my opinion:

SHORTENED LAST SEASON
PROS

- we'd be sure to have a proper ending
- no more worries about the ratings

CONS
- it will be the last, so no more show after it
- it wouldn't reach the syndication so no one could buy it (they couldn't do it anyway because it will be the last season)

FULL FOURTH SEASON (not last)
PROS
- another year of the show with a lot of episodes
- the chance to reach the syndication and maybe to see it in another channel

CONS
- be again on the bubble for another season
- worry about the ratings
- risk to being canceled if the CW can't stand anymore the low ratings (although it kept renewing also GG and 90210 even if they were bad)

Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they may as well have a full 4th season if it's going to be the last anyway, but who knows what they will do Like I said I'm cool with them bringing it back for just 12 or 13 episodes as that gives the writers the chance to write a really tight and awesome final arc for the show, but 6 episodes is barely worth it

ETA Maybe the title could be "Because we want a fourth season of Nikita"? Not very imaginative I know, but better than nothing, right
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

6 episodes is a no-no for me. That's like a joke for Nikita fans, crew, and writers!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
ETA Maybe the title could be "Because we want a fourth season of Nikita"? Not very imaginative I know, but better than nothing, right
Added

To me, if they give it a full season they MUST not cancel it before the syndication limit, even if it have low ratings. A full renew, in fact, would have sense only because of the syndication limit to reach. And I think The CW knows that: it's a risk: renew for a full one, but hope it won't go lower...

Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do they need 23 episode 4th season for syndication or less?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is ridiculous.

I am totally welcome 4th season, but what's this treatment? And, they don't want to make money? That's really ridiculous.

I mean after all the hard work and good chance to make money, and they want to back it up by shortening the season?

Some people said for syndication, it doesn't have to be 88 episodes, but with quality and story flow, I think there should be full season.

I haven't come to board these days, because I am somewhat peeved with this "Amanda" show... this definitely feds up a fan like me that it's just painful to watch all the destruction instead of avenging baddies.

La Femme Nikita had a short last season. IMO, that was total disaster. They killed almost all main characters, and stories... gosh... cannot remember any of them except Michael came back after M.I.A.. and that was for "good bye", again. That was painful to watch short-hurried-god knows what's the story for great series. Let me tell you that my memory just end with Season 4 for this series, not season 5.

Last edited by purehack; 04-25-2013 at 07:06 PM
Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem with LFN was that they originally thought season 4 was the end and killed off several characters in a big finale, then they got offered an 8 episode final season and had to scramble a bit to get the characters all back in the same place. Hopefully Nikita will be able to plan it out better if they are given advance notice of a final season