Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nikita News Thread #3 ~ Because even with some tweaks, we're glad that "the core of the show will remain the same."

Nikita stars Lyndsy Fonseca (Alex) & Shane West (Michael) in Vancouver for the WB press junket - 02/13/2011

Director Jeffrey Hunt:

Jeffrey Hunt's Photos | Plixi

Arriving at WB Press Junket - 02/06/2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orange Coast (January 2011)

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Repo Chick (2011) Tackles the Economy

With a title like Repo Chick, one might expect a sexist film, maybe bordering on softcore and probably violent. Director Alex Cox is just full of surprises--Repo Chick is a comedy that implies that sex and violence exist in its world, but doesn’t deem it necessary to show it. Cox, director of Repo Man, Sid & Nancy, and Straight to Hell, delivers a film that was made with such a tight budget, it’s part of the joke.

Reportedly made for $200,000, Repo Chick was mostly filmed in front of a green screen. Model trains and accessories, toy cars, and picture postcard backgrounds stand in for the real thing without trying to fool us into thinking any of it is real. The plot is wacky—in a good way. A pampered society brat (sort of a cross between Paris Hilton and Britney Spears) is disinherited and can only get back into her family’s good graces by getting a job. Instead of starring in a reality show, Pixxi (Jaclyn Jonet) gets a job repossessing cars, trailers, boats…whatever. The girl who never worked a day in her life is amazingly good at her new job.

In the course of her work she uncovers a plot to veganize the President and staff, and criminalize golf. Oh, these eco-terrorists…you never know what they’ll come up with next! It’s all very silly and played tongue-in-cheek. Attentive viewers will discover the script is surprisingly intelligent, offering both verbal and visual gags (some misfire, some are right on target).

Also starring in Repo Chick are Miguel Sandoval, Rosanna Arquette, Karen Black, Chloe Webb, and Xander Berkeley. The characters are all cartoons and caricatures, and so-over-the-top the audience can’t help but like them. As for being sexist, Repo Chick could be considered offensive to anyone who doesn’t have a sense of humor; it insults the rich, gays, women, senior citizens, the middle class, men, back-up dancers, terrorists, spoiled girls, punks, and just about everyone else on the planet.

It’s all fun and games until somebody decides to blow up Los Angeles. Can Repo Chick save the day (and the city)? Repo Chick debuted on Blu-ray and DVD February 8.

Trailer: YouTube - REPO CHICK THEATRICAL TRAILER
Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Total Fan

Tyftnt!
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

tftnt

bb! Don't forget the Undercover Operations video, for me

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!!! yay!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
tftnt

bb! Don't forget the Undercover Operations video, for me
I think it's already on YouTube. I don't remember where, but I stumbled upon it a few days ago. I think the person named it 'behind the scenes nikita' or something..
Old 02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

really? I'll search...if I won't find them - and it's likeable - I'll come here again

Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Melinda's interview: http://www.fanforum.com/f15/nikita-s...come-62986095/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Heather Returns to CSI!
We were just minding our own business, chatting up Melinda Clarke about her role on Nikita, when we casually mentioned our love of her iconic role as dominatrix/single mother extraordinaire Lady Heather on CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. To which Clarke responded, like it was nothing, "It hasn't happened yet, but I'm scheduled to shoot another CSI in a few weeks."

Wait, for real? Tell us more! In fact, tell us if these scenes will be opposite William Petersen's Gil Grissom:

"Unfortunately, no," says Clarke, when asked if Heather's return involves a Heather-Gil reunion. "But fortunately I think the storyline's pretty interesting." No doubt!

Still, CBS is not confirming that Lady Heather is back to CSI, so it sounds like perhaps the deal hasn't been closed yet. But come on, the lady in question knows what's what, right?

Meanwhile, what's to come for Clarke's Nikita character, the wily Amanda? Tomorrow night's episode is a huge one for Amanda, and she tells us, "Keep an eye out for Amanda's last scene. After everything that Alex [Lyndsy Fonseca] and I go through in the episode—I think it's an extreme situation, but it'll be surprising at moments—right now Amanda's really about the mind and not physical abuse, but keep your eye out for the last scene. It's interesting."

Are you excited for more Lady Heather? What do you think of Amanda on Nikita?

Read more: Lady Heather Returns to CSI! - E! Online

Last edited by Feodosia; 02-23-2011 at 06:36 PM
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

YouTube - Nikita Season 1 Cast Backstage
Old 02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!

Thank you all for the new info guys!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries everyone!

Thanks for all the news Feodosia! Very curious about this scene she's talking about.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Melinda Clarke wants you to know that tonight’s Nikita is a doozy. “Tomorrow's episode of #nikita will change the show for ever!” she tweeted last night.

And lest you think Melinda’s just excited for an Amanda-heavy episode, Shane West (Michael) agrees with her. His last tweet reads, “Phenomenal scenes today! @TheRealMsClarke is right. Tomorrow's episode of NIKITA is going to change EVERYTHING

Nikita - Gossip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melinda Clarke's stage appearance at the Xena Convention Jan 2011.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srgcoll...th/5422884260/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BCBGMAXAZRIA Bamboo Woven Asymmetric Tiered Strapless Dress

Last edited by Feodosia; 02-24-2011 at 01:08 PM
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

thanks for the video

Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that! "Xena Convention" makes me think of the show I used to always watch.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks the vid & new info!!!