Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Nikita 4x06 ~ "Canceled" episode discussion (12/27/13) - SERIES FINALE

Nikita 4x06 ~ "Canceled"

more

THE FINAL FIGHT --- Frustrated that MDK is still active, Nikita (Maggie Q) decides to end it her way. Leaving Michael (Shane West) and the team behind, Nikita takes Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) on the road to exact revenge. Nikita and Alex capture Jones (guest star David S. Lee) and force him to reveal the names of the rest of the members of MDK. Armed with the information, Nikita goes down a dark path that may ultimately cost her her soul. Michael tracks her down and must get her to surrender before the military opens fire and kills her. However, Nikita isn't one to give up on a fight, leading her to make a shocking decision. Eagle Egilsson directed the episode written by Albert Kim & Carlos Coto.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

ahhh series finale already
Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread
Old 12-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't believe that tonight is the final episode!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I could watch live. I'll be watching bright & early tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to cry the whole way through it.

icon: tumblr |B
Old 12-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm going to miss this show

Highlights:

Nice touch to add Ryan's name to the list of fallen CIA agents.

I especially loved the ending for Birkhoff.

Though I haven't enjoyed the show since season 2, the ending felt deserved for all the characters (well expect Sam, because he just came on the scene- I wanted Owen back. That's a character's whose ending I would have loved to see).

Downfalls:

Nothing for Sonya and Birkhoff

Sam/Alex. Sorry, I'm still not okay with this couple. But at least I can spilt the pairing/character from Owen. Sam never really clicked with me. Owen on the other hand was everything.

On a final note: I'm really happy that the show existed in the first place. It was my number show for a while; smart, well written characters- especially the women.

Last edited by McQueenFanGirl; 12-28-2013 at 07:41 AM
Old 12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I was like WHAT THEY CON US ALL, AMANDA INCLUDED

Quote:
Sadly it was a Lyndye's problem dued to Sleepy Hollow, Craig said that she was supposed to be in the last episode but she couldn't make it

I read Craig's explanation of Amanda's ending, but I didn't like it very much. I get the meaning of that, but I think she had to die.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Loved it!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's over
I thought it was a nice end, glad we at least got these 6 episodes but a few more would have been good to flesh out things a bit more.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:33 PM
New Fan

Oh wow, they totally had me this episode. I thought for sure Nikita had turned dark, but I'm really happy it ended this way with the team intact and working together as usual. I especially liked the reuniting of Nikita and Alex. It reminded me of season one, which I think is by far the best. Their duo is one of my favorites ever.

I'm sad the show is ending. They truly had awesome female characters and their relationships were so complex. Loved how throughout the seasons Nikita and Amanda would try to beat the other, although it would sometimes get kinda obsessive and disturbing and their final confrontation didn't disappoint.

I hope Maggie and Lyndsy find more work and that there'll be another TV show as great as Nikita combining women and action

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl
Sam/Alex. Sorry, I'm still not okay with this couple. But at least I can spilt the pairing/character from Owen. Sam never really clicked with me. Owen on the other hand was everything.
Yeah, I agree!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
but a few more would have been good to flesh out things a bit more.
Yeah, now that we had the full story I can say say the same. In six episodes we had the "essential" facts, without exploring them very much. With more episodes (even only 13) would have been better but just to see more of the events. I'm glad we got 6 episodes to close, but sometimes it felt super concentrated.

In a pre-episode interview Maggie said there was a "callback to the pilot" in what happens with Nikita and Alex. What do you think is it? I think maybe the fact that they fight together and "cheat" first Division (to infiltrate Alex in the pilot) and in the end Amanda only. And also the fact that they are the ones who have the main part in this - starting and ending the fight.

Quote:
and their final confrontation didn't disappoint.
I liked the final confrontation, but not so much the ending for Amanda. I don't know if later I'll change my mind, but for now I still think that death would have been better for her.

If you're interested, the ending song is Bright Lights by 30 Seconds To Mars.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

So this is the end. I generally liked the last season and the last episode. I loved Birkhoff's ending. It being without Sonya in the scene made it better imo. That couple never was front and center and I didn't have a interest in it either. Mikita's ending was good.

The only thing I hated in this final seaon was Sam/Owen/Alex. It felt rushed and Sam/Owen changed from being into Nikita to being into Alex. Alex should have ended up single (she technically still did) and she should have had more scenes with the team.

If I just imagine that part didn't happen, I'm okay with how it unfolded. It won't be something I will remember about this show. That is for sure.

Goodbye fellow fans. I hope to see you on other threads. You can find me in the HoD spoiler and show thread.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
I'm going to miss this show

Highlights:

Nice touch to add Ryan's name to the list of fallen CIA agents.

I especially loved the ending for Birkhoff.

Though I haven't enjoyed the show since season 2, the ending felt deserved for all the characters (well expect Sam, because he just came on the scene- I wanted Owen back. That's a character's whose ending I would have loved to see).

Downfalls:

On a final note: I'm really happy that the show existed in the first place. It was my number show for a while; smart, well written characters- especially the women.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. I also haven't enjoyed the show as much as I used to since the end of Season 2, but it was still sad to see it official that Canceled was THE END. It was an entertaining episode. There were, however, little things that bugged me slightly.

The whole "evil" Nikita. There were only six episodes this season. It would have been nice if we got a flashback every episode (didn't have to be big) so that it kept up with the theme of how dark Nikita could get. It would also, in my opinion, enhance the tension once we got to the finale because viewers would be anticipating that Nikita is ACTUALLY going there. She is actually turning into the dark woman that was hinted at since the beginning of the season.

On the other hand, I loved the beginning. Being back in Division... Nostalgia anyone? Brought me back to season 1 time! Then the whole episode of Alex and Nikita working together. More season 1! I guess it is obvious that season 1 has always been my favorite.

I would have liked a bit more of a fight between Amanda and Nikita so it seemed less like a quick switch into the chair and more of a struggle. This is the big "fight" we have been waiting for. Having Nikita struggle to get Amanda into the chair a bit would have made it more exciting and tense.

Nikita and Alex's fight. One word. Awesome.

Just my two cents. Sad to see the show go, but it was fun while it lasted.

Just got season 3 for Christmas and a book called "Darker Than An Angel" which is a story about assassins and thieves. Reminds me a lot of Nikita. The author even uses the term cancellation when referring to killing off agents. I just got the book and am already 3/4 finished. If you enjoyed Nikita, I am sure this is right up your alley. It's how I am getting my spy/assassin fix from now on.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:36 AM
New Fan

Hey guys quick question,
In 'Cancelled' how did Ryan actually find out that Slocum was doubled? Also Michael seemed shocked when he saw the original come out but it was later revealed that he was privy to most of the plan?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
It felt rushed and Sam/Owen changed from being into Nikita to being into Alex. Alex should have ended up single (she technically still did) and she should have had more scenes with the team.
The thing is that they hadn't time for a lot of things like a longer build-up for Olex (Craig said it was an idea she had since the first season and with more episodes it would have had a longer build-up), Alex spending more time with the team and also - imho - the Sam/Nikita relationship. Don't forget that Owen was the friend of Nikita, not Sam...Sam didn't care very much, because he saw Owen as a weak man, a "tool". We had very few time to see him accepting that part of himself and since he spent more time with Alex we saw that with her only.

With more episodes it would have been different - all of the season. They hadn't time for anything, they had to make choices, cut things and shorten others, Craig said it several times (there are some interviews in the News thread, you can read what he wanted to include). Of course not everyone could be happy with what they included and how fast they wrote it, but there wasn't much they could do about it, after all.

Quote:
The whole "evil" Nikita. There were only six episodes this season. It would have been nice if we got a flashback every episode (didn't have to be big) so that it kept up with the theme of how dark Nikita could get. It would also, in my opinion, enhance the tension once we got to the finale because viewers would be anticipating that Nikita is ACTUALLY going there. She is actually turning into the dark woman that was hinted at since the beginning of the season.
Yeah, with more episodes would have been great to see. We got to see it in S3 mostly and in S4 they used Ryan's death to make us believe she was going there again...when in fact it wasn't.

Quote:
On the other hand, I loved the beginning. Being back in Division... Nostalgia anyone? Brought me back to season 1 time! Then the whole episode of Alex and Nikita working together. More season 1! I guess it is obvious that season 1 has always been my favorite.
I agree! Maggie was incredible in those scenes

Quote:
Just got season 3 for Christmas and a book called "Darker Than An Angel" which is a story about assassins and thieves. Reminds me a lot of Nikita. The author even uses the term cancellation when referring to killing off agents. I just got the book and am already 3/4 finished. If you enjoyed Nikita, I am sure this is right up your alley. It's how I am getting my spy/assassin fix from now on.
Thanks for this! I have to check if it's available in my language too

Quote:
In 'Cancelled' how did Ryan actually find out that Slocum was doubled?
No, "Canceled" is the last episode. Ryan finds it out probably in 4x05 "Bubble" and tells it to Nikita only, at the hospital, when we can't hear what he's saying to her. I say 'probably' because it's the episode when Amanda tells him that there were 54 doubles out there, but I don't remember if Slocum is in that episode too (so Ryan sees him and understands he's one of the doubles).