Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

There could've been some great moments from that, them living in the same building!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I can see him popping into see her, "accidentally"

I'm rewatching S2 on tv..she really needed a friend, Thom would have been perfect

Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The gif of Alex crying for Thom is not the one of the just before the kiss moment, she was more desperate, there (although she didn't scream like in Salex scene).

And in some way Alex was the reason of both: with Thom directly (she shot him) and with Sean indirectly (she was the mind of the plan and the leader, but it went wrong, the mutineers turned against her, the situation went out of her hands and that led to Sean getting the bullet from her former ally, Rachel).

Last edited by airali_glo; 04-20-2013 at 02:12 PM
Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, poor Alex has the worst luck with men
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

She hasn't good look, definitely not

Thom wasn't a lover, actually. I'm sure he had some kind of feelings for her (that's why we hoped to see them in the future), she saw him as a friend and he was not like the other recruits, for her. He was her only friend, there and I believed her when she told him "I wanted to tell you, someday"...those were difficult times for her, but he had covered her once and he would have probably helped her in the future. I'm even convinced he would have never told Percy she was the mole. It could have been a situation like Birkhoff and Sonya in S3, when she was the mole but he helped her.

The Bonya scene reminded me A LOT the Thalex one. With a better ending, though

Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think if she had opened up to Thom earlier then he would have helped her definitely
Old 04-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Thom was torned between her feelings for her and the loyalty to Division. That's a thing that also Michael had with Nikita - they had more time, Thalex didn't.
When he found her escaping from Percy's office he threatened to tell Percy, but he didn't, just like he didn't show the footprint to anyone when Jaden showed it to him, but wanred Alex instead.

He just couldn't believe it. He was broken at just thinking that he was a part of that lie, that what they had was a lie.

If he had lived, I'm sure at the beginning it would have been difficult for him, knowing that she was the mole and everything. It would have been interesting because you could actually see that sort of fight, inside of him, after knowing Alex. It would have been so good to see their relationship evolving, even if just as friends: Nikita had Michael as partner, but she went to Owen when he was in London and they had problems. Same could have been with Thalex, if they didn't want to make them a romantic couple.

Alex could convince him to join her and Nikita and with time she would have succeded, I think. With fights and maybe some gun shoots like the ones Mikita had at the beginning...with him questioning her loyalty to Nikita, that was a traitor.

I never felt Thom as completely-Division. He was loyal to it, but when he met Alex something changed, it wasn't like the relationship he had with Jaden, for example. He trusted her, he confided in her, he told her his nightmares about his first victim, he gave her advice and showed to have already saw a lot of her, with only one look.

It's just annoying and upsetting that we didn't have more stuff with them. Not just because of the scenes themselves, but to see a developement, a deeper view of him especially. We had few episodes with a lot of hints...like the tie scene, with him saying he used to do that without even looking, before Division. We never knew his past. If only he would have stay until the end of the season...they could have swap Jaden with him, in that corridor, since we saw lately than Jaden threat was just temporary (she died anyway and because of the same reason: because she wanted to expose Alex. She would have done it anyway, even without the "revenge" for Thom).

That's what I miss the most of them: what it could have been. Sean and Alex had a relationship, had a lot of stuff. Thalex just hints, some beginning of a friendship, a begin of something that ended too soon. I thought that killing Thom - and make it her first kill - was a purpose to something else: some sense of guilt or "I'll fight for him too, now" or things like these, but it wasn't. They even gave us moments like Thom saing that you never forget your first kill, and the a "you're going to see me". But? Was it just to see her crying in that corridor? She wasn't so affected by what happened, even if Lyndsy later said that "I feel his presence is felt in Alex's life every day whether she says it or not.". This is a tv show, so you have to see what characters feel and think, you can imagine whatever you want, but if it's not clear in the episodes, it's all in your mind. I can think that the sad face she makes when in 1x12 Nikita tells her "it was never my plan that you had to take a life" or that when she's talking with Owen about his victims and he's "if I don't remember them who will" her expression means that she remembered Thom, but it's all my idea. We didn't see Alex feeling his presence after 1x11, neither in the following episode (except for that nightmare), we didn't see her thinking about him or not even mentioning him, so to me he just desappeared, for her. Like Jaden. Like he was nobody, like she never cared AT ALL (in no way). Jaden could have been at his place in that corridor and it would have been the same. She already had the footprint. The only missing argument would have been the Nikita letting her live (that's what Alex says to her in 1x12, about Division believing Thom was the mole: Nikita and Thom had fought twice, but she never killed him). I'm pretty sure Alex would have cried anyway, even if less, because of her first killing was someone she knew.

I would have been fine with a friendship, I say that again: in this show friendship between a man and a woman can be great, so even with Alex being in a relationship, they could have been friends. I understand why they had to kill him (the mole thing), but as I said before they could give us more scenes anyway, since also Jaden had to die.

And they also keep giving us parallels.

Last edited by airali_glo; 04-28-2013 at 02:04 PM
Old 05-02-2013, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They should have brought Thom up more afterwards, even if only the occasional flashback or mention by Alex
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

But she was immediately into Nathan a mention with Owen would have been nice! If not with Nikita. But the only one who mentioned him was Jaden...

Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The show doesn't seem very good at emotional continuity after a character has died
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

And Thom was a big one that died; there should've been a lot more resonating with Alex after that happened.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah. I wonder if the writers think that showing us more about that was/is too annoying and soapy for the viewers.

Last week there was a poll on Spoiler Tv about the saddest death. Sean of course was first, but Thom was at the second place (even if with a lot less votes and just a little bit more of Ari's, but whatever ).

Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least people still remember him fondly
Old 05-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah maybe also because he wasn't so useless and he didn't look so much as a minor character...he had history mostly with Alex and that created important moments with her involved. He was a regular, Craig said once, so...

If he had more time in the show (with Alex but also alone), people would remember him even more.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they did write him out pretty early on, they could have waited to kill him until the season 1 finale maybe to really make an impact