Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenia
Does anyone have a link to the scrollbar tutorial? I have a paid account.
gp here. it's number 11.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Thank you so much!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

no problem
Old 08-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Passionate Fan

hey there!!

I created a LJ for a RPG and since my current LJ layuor was actually pretty much luck and hours and changing numbers, I thought this time I could ask for help!

here the link to the LJ

I would like the side bar (friends, next 20 post, etc etc) to be on top.

thanks to anyone who can help!

Icon by me

Last edited by dawnie@; 08-10-2004 at 03:15 AM
Old 08-14-2004, 04:14 AM
Passionate Fan

dawnie, I noticed in the latest entry on your LJ that you've fixed it, so did you give up with moving the navigation bar to the top or do you still need help?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Well at first that post I did asked for a lot more then just the navigation bar to the top. Everything just didn't worked! But I played with it a lot and it finally gave what it looks like right now. So I edited my post to ask only about the navigation bar. And yes, i would still like to know how to put in at the top of the page.

Icon by me
Old 08-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I've surfed around, and it looks to me like you can't move the navigation bar; it seems that the sidebar is either on the right or the left, depending on which style you're using. I'll keep looking though...
Old 08-15-2004, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Hey all! First time posting here and would appreciate some help.
I'm trying to make my journal layout like this journal Here with the image fixed at the top and the sidebars smaller. The problem is the journal design is the Opal and under edit customizations there is nothing there in order to add an image or change the size. Now I have a paid account so I am able to use the Opal design but can't adjust it to the journal above. If someone could help and point me in the right direction I'd be forever in their debt, thanks!
Old 08-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orli'sALF
Hey all! First time posting here and would appreciate some help.
I'm trying to make my journal layout like this journal Here with the image fixed at the top and the sidebars smaller. The problem is the journal design is the Opal and under edit customizations there is nothing there in order to add an image or change the size. Now I have a paid account so I am able to use the Opal design but can't adjust it to the journal above. If someone could help and point me in the right direction I'd be forever in their debt, thanks!
Opal is an S2 layout, so you'll have to use layers to tweak the kinds of settings you're looking for. Much like overrides in the S1 style, the layers are combined into styles, and are used to get your journal exactly like you want it. It uses CSS and HTML, while the overrides in S1 didn't use CSS (at least I don't think they did.)

This tutorial will tell you how to move the contents of the journal down in order to fit the "header" image in there (keep in mind that LiveJournal does not utilize header images, but rather just a background image placed at the top of the page and centered).

This one will tell you how to insert the actual image. Where the pink area is (for positioning), I think you need to put "50% 0%" (without the quotes) in order to have the image at the top of the page, centered. The tutorial gives good instructions on what the rest of the junk means.

I'm not sure how to adjust the sidebar size, but I'll keep looking.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Gardenia Thanks a bunch for your help! I got the banner and the journal moved down thing done to my liking. Now if only I could figure out how to make the sides smaller! Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

How do you link another lj user but put their name in it as well. I know the real coding is <lj user="username">. But I see some people do like a link here on fanforum...where you put text for the link. Is there a shortcut for that?

I'm using the client Semagic.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 08-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I came to ask that exact question, Çher.

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gardenia- No problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié £u£u

How do you link another lj user but put their name in it as well. I know the real coding is <lj user="username">. But I see some people do like a link here on fanforum...where you put text for the link. Is there a shortcut for that?

I'm using the client Semagic.
I'mnot sure if this is what you guys mean but I use <a href="URL here">Blah blah title</a> to link to sites on my LJ.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

No, I know the coding for another website. Maybe, Rachel can explain it better.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 08-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

under the table and dreaming - awesome layout But can you tell me how to do this scrollbar thing? lol Thanks in advance, hon!

Literati forever/Sidekick
Time after time...