Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Animation Programs - Making changes that apply to all frames

I currently use Animation Shop 3, but I am looking for a program that can apply a background and text to multiple frames, or all of them.

I have some gif's that I would like to add a background color to and text, much like some of the avatars that people have. I don't think AS3 does it, what free program does? Any ideas?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe you can do that in Adobe Imageready.

I would just make my icon, then go into photoshop, do the text and background [on 2 separate layers] then go back to Imageready, select all frames in the animation then click the text and background layer on in the Layers palette. They should then apply to all the frames in your animation.

Aaaaand I just read that you needed a free program. If you get your hands on the program, *then* use the above method.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Technically if I get a certain version of photoshop, it comes with! So its sort of free

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for explaining that to me. It'll come to good use for me
Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool! You're exactly right, Imageready came with my Photoshop. I don't think it's included in later Adobe suites though.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Imageready is included in PS3, which means you don´t need to start another program, it´s two in one
Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, you just put on the animation palette. And to apply the same thing to all the frames, select the first frame and then turn on the layer you want, and then it'll be on all of them- you don't have to select all the frames. If you want it off on, say, on frame, you select that frame and then turn off the layer you want off on just that frame.

Did that make any sense?

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST