Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Soulmates {Dan ∞ Marti} #8: "It will always go back to them.. with a little more time and maturity...." - Kevin Murphy

"It will always go back to them.. with a little more time and maturity...." - Kevin Murphy

01. Andra
02. Creamsodaqueen
03. murphyboy11
04. BlackHalo
05. tsforever
06. Nerdy Angel
07. xlennie
08. Romeo Save Meღ
09. lisagslack14
10. PaperGirl
11. Emღ
12. mylu
13. lost in you
14. JesseP_Break_Me
15. ~Phoenix~
16. mustlovepurple
17. DUHsoTK
18. L&P.Scott
19. Famu
20. Nymph Marty
21. Brucas_Is_Love
22. AmericanDirrty
23. Debbie23
24. **confessa
25. Laurababora
26. Stefani
27. Kiss of Death
28. defyprobability
29. autumn_hope
30. toxicgurl169
31. P&B4ever
32. brustinluv
33. HalesNLuke
34. ღMitra
35. AmandaB18
36. marmuzetka
37. Stay to the Lights
38. BrownEyes1980
39. TwoWorldsCollide4
40. Scheming Star
41. dentyne.ice
42. d3wberry
43. Chrissalaugha
44. point0fn0return
45. allybubba
46. jules!
47. Miss Fate
48. itsmelovely
49. Shu
50. brustinluv
51. Calgaryfan2006
52. KRL2008
53. Kswizzled
54. ShineSoBright23
55. Pauline<3
56. GreatScott33
57. McQueenFanGirl
58. falls from the skies
59. here_&_there
60. bellie
61. jessie09
62. yuzzz66
63. Peyt4Luke4eva
64. Soeshie20
65. emma9612
01. Alyson Michalka
02. Matt Barr
03. Wanda Perkins
04. AJ Michalka

01 ; 02 ; 03 ; 04 ; 05 ; 06 ; 07 ;

01. Because he'd help bury the body.
02. Because he'll support her through anything, even crazy cheerleading.
03. Because "I live here, too."
04. "They've grown up together, kind of like Forrest and Jenny."-Matt Barr
05. "He loves her. He's in love with her, whether he's told her or not."-Matt Barr
06. "...there are feelings there."-Aly Michalka
07. "...he feels threatened, like he's losing his best friend - and possible mother of his children."-Matt Barr
08. "You are mighty. You are Batgirl."-Dan
09. "Love you, Dan Patch."-Marti
10. He'd be her one reason to stay in Memphis.
11. Dan: Don't drift. Marti: Never happen.
12. "You look amazing."-Dan
13. "Marti's one of the most capable people I've ever met."-Dan
14. "You and I have been crashing at each other's places since we were in diapers."-Dan
15. Even Alice can see Dan and Marti belong together.
16. "I'd rather see Marti with Dan." - Aly
17. "The other day I was like, 'why are they not together?!'" - Aly
18. "Everybody wants them to be together." - Aly
19. "I think that she is really good with Dan." - Aly
20. "I think it would be perfect, I think it would be a great, great, relationship."
21. "I've shared every moment with him, every memory. And I do still have feelings for him."- Aly on Marti/Dan
22. "I don't know how to describe them or how to approach them, but they are there." - Aly on Marti's feelings for Dan.
23. "I can't resist that possibility of being with him." - Aly on Marti/Dan
24. “Me and Matt are really close." - Aly
25. "There was this instant chemistry we had as actors when we first actually read together for the show." - Aly
26. "There was this instant bond, this click, where it seems like we would be best friends." - Aly
27. "The writers were really stoked about that. [Aly & Matt's instant bond] They were like, ‘Oh yes! Perfect!" - Aly
28. "They do get along and they do look like their friends." - The writers on Aly & Matt

made by Andra

Dan: Hey, you are mighty. You are Batgirl.
Marti: You are blindly optimistic.
Dan: Hm. Thank you for noticing. Hey, don't trip, Number 26!
Marti: Love you, Dan Patch.

Dan: Come on, how can you leave Memphis?
Marti: My mom lives here.
Dan: I live here too. That's gotta count for something, right?
Marti: If I were to stay for something...I'd stay for the ribs.
Dan: Awww! You did not! Yo, M.
Marti: Yeah?
Dan: These new people, don't drift. Yeah.
Marti: Never happen.

Savannah: Your boyfriend's welcome, of course.
Marti: Boyfriend?
Savannah: The hot townie guy I saw you in the bleachers with.
Marti: What? Dan? Oh, no. No-no-no-no. We're just buds.

Dan: You look amazing, despite the fact that you're dressed like a cheerleader. That part's weird.
Marti: It's not weird. It's perverse.

"What can I say, you know, I need my wing-woman to keep my head on straight."-Dan [to Marti]

Marti: Hey, you wanna come in and hang with us?
Dan: Sitting with the cheerleaders?
Marti: Yeah.
Dan: Lordy, am I even allowed?
Marti: I'm new. I'll just plead igorance.

Savannah: Why did you say we were dating?
Dan: Oh, I was just taking the heat off Marti. It was a joke.

"Marti's one of the most capable people I've ever met. You help get her head clear, she'll come through."-Dan [to Savannah]

"I'm sorry. It's just uh, it's weird. I mean, you dating Dan, of all people."-Marti [to Savannah]

Savannah: Marti, why are you being so negative? Do you have a thing for Dan?
Marti: What?
Savannah: Because if you do, I'll back off.
Marti: No.
Savannah: I don't want to create drama within the squad.
Marti: Dan and I are just buds. I mean, we're friends. You know? That's it. Look, I'm just saying, manage your expecations. You know, I-I know the guy.

"You know, I was so scared that Marti was in love with you because you're a player and she's really cool strong and a street dancer, which is kinda scary but sexy. Do you think Marti's sexy?"-Savannah [to Dan]

"He does clean up well."-Marti [to Savannah, about Dan]

"Aww, come on, M. You and I have been crashing at each other's places since we were in diapers."-Dan

"Oh, right. He's Marti's hand-me-down."-Alice [to Savannah, about Dan]

"Well, I brought you to Cheer Town. So you're my responsibility."-Marti [to Dan]

Dan: Are we good?
Marti: Yeah. Yeah, we're good.
Dan: Okay.

"I've missed having you to myself."-Marti [to Dan]

Marti: My first time was totally unexpected. Okay? It was in the back of a Buick off Route 51 with somebody I never thought it would happen with.
Savannah: Were you in love him?
Marti: That's a complicated question. My point is, it just happened - no pre-planning, no stage management. And it was good, for what it was.

Savannah: Let it go. You sound just like him. Marti, have you been talking to Dan about this?
Marti: You can't ask me that.
Savannah: I am.
Marti: Dan and I are best friends, and we talk about a lot of things.
Savannah: Before I started this relationship, I asked you point blank if you had feelings for Dan.
Marti: And I said, no. What are you getting at?
Savannah: I just hope your advice doesn't have an alterior motive.

Wanda: Isn't life funny sometimes?
Dan: How do you mean?
Wanda: I always thought you and my baby girl would end up together.
Dan: What?
Wanda: Yeah, you know, a mother knows these things. I always think it's obnoxious when women say that, but it's true.
Dan: I'm-I'm not following. What's true?
Wanda: Marti's in love with you.
Dan: Excuse me?
Wanda: Yeah, she has been since her Sophomore or Junior year in high school, when she got her boobs. She told me.
Dan: Marti was never in love with me.
Wanda: Did you ever read her diary?
Dan: Uh, no.
Wanda: She used to write these little poems. They were so sweet. Awww. Dan, the things that we do and say when we're young. I miss being your age.
Dan: What else did she write?
Wanda: Oh, I can't tell you my daughter's secrets. They would take away my good mother card. But suffice to say that now that you're older, who does she call late at night when she needs advice? Not Lewis. Certainly not me. It's you! Don't you remember last year when she had the flu and she wouldn't let anybody within a hundered miles of her, and all of a sudden you show up with DVDs and she's ready to spread germs all over the damn place. That, my dear, is love. That's love! So I think it's so funny. I mean, Marti and...Lewis and you and Savannah, whiling away the time. Well, Venus and the gods of love are gonna wave that magic wand and make you all straighten up.
Dan: I don't think so, Wanda.
Wanda: Well, of course you don't because you're twenty-one. And when you're twenty-one, you are dumb as dirt when it comes to love. But I will bet you a dollar to a doughnut...that you and Marti will be together within 10 years.
Dan: No.
Wanda: Nah? Okay. I can't give you specifics, but you have to remember that I am woman with inside knowledge. So you bide your time, 'cause my daughter is worth the wait.

Dan: I had an interesting conversation with Wanda just now.
Marti: Well, car wrecks are interesting by nature. What'd you guys talk about?
Dan: You.
Marti: Yeah, what about me?
Dan: Well, for one thing, if you still keep a diary, you need a better lock. But, the other thing...
Marti: Yeah?
Dan: Did you ever tell your mom you were in love with me?
Marti: Hah. What? No.
Dan: Hold on, really think about your answer, 'cause this is important.
Marti: It's a party. Wanda's drinking. I mean...
Dan: She seemed pretty lucid for Wanda.
Marti: How would any of this come up? Why are you drilling my mom? If you have something to ask me, just say it.
Dan: I'm asking you, right now. Wanda seems to think we're soul mates or something, because of things you supposedly told her. So, I just want to know. Did you or did you not suggest to your mom that you believed we would end up together?
Marti: No. I mean, maybe. Yeah. Look, if-if I did, and that's a big if, it was a long time ago, so. I mean, I've also been in love with: Trent Reznor, Tori Amos, and-and, and the guy from the Dyson vaccum cleaner ads, so I...
Dan: Okay, look, I'm going down a road here with Savannah. Is there any reason I shouldn't?
Marti: Like what?
Dan: You tell me.
Marti: I have nothing to say. Got it?
Dan: I got it.
Marti: You and my mom are something. Incredible.

"Have you ever wondered if you made a mistake you couldn't fix?"-Dan [to Alice, about him and Marti]

Savannah: What was your first time like?
Dan: You really wanna know?
Savannah: Yeah. Yeah, I do.
Dan: It's not a very interesting story.
Savannah: I don't care.
Dan: It was high school.
Savannah: Did you love her?
Dan: Yeah. Yes, I did. What do I know, I was sixteen. You know.
Savannah: So, was it romantic?
Dan: Was what romantic?
Savannah: Hah. Your first time.
Dan: No. Not remotely. It was in the back of a Buick, in the middle of nowhere out off uh, Route 51.

Savannah: Okay, this is not the place, Marti.
Marti: Why not? All you Hellcats know each other's business anyways.
Savannah: Really? Because apparently I was not told a key piece of business. That you and Dan lost your virginity to each other! How did I not know that the first time my roommate had sex, it was with my boyfriend?! Oh yeah, that's because when I asked you about your first time, you lied to me! Just like you lied every time I asked if you had feelings for Dan!

Lewis: So is that true, you and, you and Dan have history?
Marti: In high school.
Lewis: For the record, you never told me either.

Marti: Do you wanna know what happened?
Savannah: Hmph.
Marti: So, Dan and I had been friends forever, and then we hit Sophomore year and something changed. I don't know if it was chemical or maybe I just lost my mind, but...I started obsessing about him. I wrote about him in my diary, I fantasized, maded up poems. It was, it was pathetic.
Savannah: Do I look like I care?
Marti: I'm trying to be honest with you, Savannah. Okay? So after a Weezer concert one night, I got what I thought I wanted. But it went weird, and we ended up not speaking for six months. Eventually we got past it. It was a thing, but we never really talked about it. So what I-I'm telling you is that there's nothing going on. It-It's old news. I didn't want you to find out and get upset. And if I'm being honest, I didn't want to open that door again. It was a lie, but it was a lie with good intentions.

Marti: Hey, did you by any chance, tell her how you lost your virginity?
Dan: Yeah.
Marti: Hm.
Dan: But not that it was with you. Did you?
Marti: Yeah. But not that it was with you.
Dan: Ahhhhh.
Marti: She put two and two together.

"A toast. Dan and Marti against the world."-Dan [to Marti]

"You know you're my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without you."-Marti [to Dan]

Marti: This car is cursed.
Dan: No, it's not.
Marti: Nothing good happens here. Not ever.
Dan: That's not true.
Marti: Six months you didn't talk to me. Do you know how that felt? Any, any idea?
Dan: I was scared, M. If you'd gotten pregnant, everything woulda changed.
Marti: You shouldn't have bought such a cheap condom.
Dan: I shoulda stuck by you. I'm sorry I didn't. At the time, a broken condom seemed like the end of the world to me. I panicked.
Marti: Momentary panick is one thing. I got my period three weeks later and you froze me out for six months.
Dan: I felt guilty. I didn't know how to face you. I was sixteen-years-old.
Marti: So was I. I was terrified and I had nobody to go through it with. Nobody.
Dan: We got past it. M, like I said, I am, I am sorry. I really am. Does that help?
Marti: No, not really.

Dan: Marti...we need to talk.
Marti: About what?
Dan: About what happened.
Marti: Hm. Nothing happened.
Dan: Marti...come on.
Marti: I'm serious, nothing happened. You're dating my roommate who was also the person who voted me into the Hellcats and got me a scholarship. I'm not gonna to let a stupid mistake hurt her.
Dan: Well, it didn't feel like a mistake to me.
Marti: I need you as my best friend. Do not take away my friend, okay? Nothing happened.

"I mean you and Dan hooked up five years ago. It's ancient history. Who cares, right?"-Savannah [to Marti]

Dan: Doesn't it bother you, M? Less than a week ago, you and I were in the back of your mom's car trying to tear each other's clothes off.
Marti: Okay, we agreed to move on.
Dan: I know. I know. But saying it and doing it are two totally different things. Eh, this play acting, it's just, it's not sitting right with me.

Savannah: Don't you just love, love?
Dan: Yeah. Yeah, love is definitey the best. [about his feelings for Marti]

Dan: You are the center of the universe, aren't you?
Marti: What?
Dan: It's all about Marti all the time. Right down to wanting to force two of her best friends to carry on a relationship, even though one of them is completely taken with someone else.
Marti: Man, don't say that.
Dan: Hah.
Marti: Please. Let's just get back to normal.
Dan: Okay. Hey, it's raining, it's cold, it's the perfect day for a funeral. It's also a good day for the truth. When I'm near you, and I'm not stifling the urge to strangle you like I am right now, all I can think about is being with you - holding you, kissing you, the whole unseemingly pompitous of love.
Marti: That doesn't work for us, Dan. Remember the first time, you disappeared?
Dan: I wasn't ready then. You and me work, M.
Marti: As friends.
Dan: I can't settle for that.
Marti: You're starting to make this feel like an ultimatum.
Dan: Good, then I'm doing it right. Forget the past. Forget Savannah and Lewis. Right here, right now, you tell me the truth. I am all in. Where are you?
Marti: I'm not where you want me to be.
Dan: Well, there we have it. I gotta get back to work.
Marti: Dan. Dan.

Marti: He turned his back on me, then he just walked off.
Wanda: Good for him.
Marti: What? You're taking his side?
Wanda: He has been your boyfriend without benefits for way too long.
Marti: See, I don't consider this supportive.
Wanda: Men have two brains. Unfortunately, they only have enough blood to use one of them at a time which is where all the problems pop up. And it seems that our boy Dan, when he's around you, he performs all the functions of a close friend, blood's where it belongs. And there's other times when he's around you and blood the flows to his other brain. Now men have no control over this function. It's physiological.
Marti: Wait, did you major in junk science, mom?
Wanda: Interrupting only makes this last longer. Now as I was saying, Dan is finally listening to his body and it is yelling at him to be your boyfriend with full benefits.
Marti: We can.t
Wanda: Why the hell not?
Marti: We tried once, and he took off for six months.
Wanda: Oh, boo-hoo. He came back, didn't he?
Marti: As a friend. That's how I learned that friends stick around and boyfriends come and go.
Wanda: I coulda told you that.
Marti: I lost Dan once. I'm not losing him again.
Wanda: Honey, you just did.
Marti: Hah. You don't know what you're talking about. He will call. I-He always does.
Wanda: Until the one day he doesn't.

"It's not because he doesn't have feelings for you. It's because he thinks he has feelings for me."-Marti [to Savannah, about Dan]

Marti: One night last week, Dan and I were um...we were together.
Savannah: You mean...physically?

"Hey, um...where are you? Uh, I-I-I-I need you. Please."Marti [to Dan, on his voicemal]

"Dan is Marti's childhood best friend, a lovable townie with a not-so-subtle crush on Marti."-Zap2It; 2010

"It's really weird for Marti. She's completely convinced that she and Dan are just friends, and she's trying to be a good friend. She helps Savannah get ready for the date, but inside she's thinking, 'Oh my god, what is going on here?' She doesn't know what to feel. It's weird for her, because he's always the person she's told her secrets to, and now she's watching him date her friend and she doesn't have anyone to talk to about it."-Aly Michalka, Zap2It; 2010

"There's a bit of a flirtation there between Dan and Marti - you just know they have a history."-Ashley Tisdale, Fancast; 2010

"I just got some big news [from the producers] about Marti and Dan's background, [and] it's something that really does define their relationship."-Matt Barr, Fancast; 2010

"Though Barr's character, Dan has recently struck up a romance with Savannah, his feelings for Marti still run deep."-Zap2It; 2010

"They've grown up together, kind of like Forrest and Jenny, and you know, he loves her. He's in love with her, whether he's told her or not."-Matt Barr, Zap2It; 2010

"Barr admits that Marti and Dan have a history together that may have ventured beyond BFF territory"-Zap2It; 2010

"I just got some big news about Marti and Dan's background that I'm not allowed to talk about, but it's something that really does define their relationship a bit."-Matt Barr, Zap2It; 2010

"Michalka adds that Marti's past with Dan will complicate things with Savannah."-Zap2It; 2010

"Marti wants to protect Savannah. She doesn't want her to know about the past that she's had with Dan and the fact that there are feelings there. It kind of comes out of left field for her when she's like, 'Oh, wait a minute, Dan's my best friend, we've kind of gone there before, and now what should I do about this situation where she's dating my best friend?' It starts to get a little bit messy."-Aly Michalka, Zap2It; 2010

"Initially, Dan lived up to his "player" label, reminding Savannah that their relationship was non-exclusive and strictly casual. Now that they're more serious, we can't help but wonder if Dan is still playing Savannah while he harbors feelings for Marti."-Zap2It; 2010

"I think as Dan sees Marti sort of engaged in these other things and moving further away from him, maybe it's a bit of a defense mechanism that he sort of jumps into something else. I think that's half of it. That might've been the catalyst of why he jumped in the water with Savannah, but I think he's genuinely intrigued by this girl. He's having these feelings for Savannah and he's having a moral dilemma. I like this girl, but since I was seven years old, I've literally been in love with Marti Perkins."-Matt Barr, Zap2It; 2010

"Even with the bid video in the works, Dan sometimes feels like he's been left on the sidelines as Marti becomes more integrated in the Hellcats' world."-Zap2It; 2010

"Dan's a, uh, he-he's a local boy. You know, a townie that's born in, born and raised in Memphis. And uh, has known Marti since they were little kids. So, they've grown up together. Um, kinda like Forrest and Jenny. And uh, you know, he's...he loves her. He-he-he's in love with her. Um, whether he's told her or not."-Matt Barr, Zap2It; 2010

"But also as she, as Marti starts to get more integrated into them, he-he feels threatened, like he's losing his best friend and possible - possible mother of his-of his children."-Matt Barr, Zap2It; 2010

"Um, today you're helping out the Hellcats, a little bit. Uh, what draws you in to-to helping them out? Is it just Dan's love for Marti?"-Zap2It; 2010

Last edited by serendipity or fate; 05-30-2011 at 10:45 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! I love the title.

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

I knew you would!

Thank you for staying up all night to kill this with me, bb. You are amazing!

But now, I must leave you to try to sleep.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome It's not that late for me tho

Good night/ Good morning/ sweet dreams!

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 04-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT

Can I be added to the list of shippers? I'm a big time shipper of these two.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Chelsea

Love the title and Soulmates they really are

Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

New thread this title
Old 04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

You guys are all very welcome for the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma9612 (View Post)
TFTNT

Can I be added to the list of shippers? I'm a big time shipper of these two.
Welcome Emma! I've added you to the shippers list!
It's always awesome when we get new shippers!

I'm Chelsea, btw. I hope you'll stick around and post some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyt4Luke4eva (View Post)
TFTNT Chelsea

Love the title and Soulmates they really are
IKR!? It's the perfect shipper name. And I LOVE that literally EVERYONE has referred to them as soulmates. Wanda, Matt, Aly, AJ, Kevin. It's so awesome!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

love the title!

i take it we didnt get any scenes last night?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
love the title!

i take it we didnt get any scenes last night?
there were some scenes in last night's episode.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

I am really sorry, but I am going to have to ask you to change the title, since this quote is considered to be a spoiler. I checked it with the Mod Management Team to be sure, but they told me it has to be changed.
I know you all really like this title, so I suggest that you just remove the quote tags and Kevin Murphy's name? That way you can kind of keep the title, and people who don't want to be spoiled, wouldn't see it as a spoiler.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
Welcome Emma! I've added you to the shippers list!
It's always awesome when we get new shippers!

I'm Chelsea, btw. I hope you'll stick around and post some more.
Thanks and hopefully I will post more
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

Good to hear Emma!

What was everyone's thoughts on the few scenes we did get? I haven't seen the ep yet, so I'll be back to discuss once I do.
I'm still on cloud nine over that incredible scene we got in 1x18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversparkle (View Post)
I am really sorry, but I am going to have to ask you to change the title, since this quote is considered to be a spoiler. I checked it with the Mod Management Team to be sure, but they told me it has to be changed.
I know you all really like this title, so I suggest that you just remove the quote tags and Kevin Murphy's name? That way you can kind of keep the title, and people who don't want to be spoiled, wouldn't see it as a spoiler.
I made the necessary changes you suggested. Thanks, 'cause at least we can still use it in some capacity.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont feel like the title is a spoiler though, wasnt it just like, a general thought? i mean, it was not anything specific or confirmed...

the episode was fantastic for MD! I was really worried they would just act like nothing ever happened, but they are constantly talking about their friendship and how things have to change, and that means a lot because it shows the writers havent forgotten about them.

also marti was totally jealous looking at d/s together, which means she clearly still has feelings, so thats awesome.