Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
why would they upset anyone?

it's nice to see how she looked when she was younger and i think it's nice to know what she did before.. i seriously didn't hear of her beore hellcats. does that make me weird?
no that doesn't make you weird. unless you watched disney channel you probly wouldn't have heard of her. have you heard any of the aly and aj songs??
Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)
no that doesn't make you weird. unless you watched disney channel you probly wouldn't have heard of her. have you heard any of the aly and aj songs??

no not really.. i heard aj was her sister but where should i know her from?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
no not really.. i heard aj was her sister but where should i know her from?
well they have a couple of cds that came out. but they changed there name from aly and aj to 78violet. she was in a disney channel movie with aly and she was in the secretariat.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Graphics Team

hmm okay, i might check it out later. thanks anyway.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
why would they upset anyone?
The demos?
They are the lowest for the CW. Even lower than Nikita.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Graphics Team

what? nope

hellcats ratings for last episode were 1.64 million, while gg had 1.57 million... wikipedia is your friend.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Ratings and demos are different. The CW cares more about demos (which for the CW, the most important is the 18-49 female demographics.)

The reason GG keeps getting renewed is it's demo's, not it's ratings.

So, for demo's, it goes like this generally week to week:

TVD: 2.0
GG: 1.8
90210: 1.5
OTH: 1.3
Nikita: 1.2
Hellcats: 1.0

I don't even technically look at the overall ratings for shows because they don't really count much. It's all in the demos... which Hellcats is the lowest rated in regards to that dept on the CW now. It's why GG and 90210 and other shows get renewed time and time again with such low average ratings....the demo they provide for the CW is HIGH.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Graphics Team

i have actually no idea what you are talking about. what are those numbers? percentages, millions, thousands??

could you maybe explain it in a pm because we got really carried away since this is the aly/marti thread.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Absolute Fan

i don't think hellcats has anything to worry about. they really can't afford to lose anymore shows. life unexpected isn't probly gonna come back. it's smallville's last season. one tree hill is probly leaving after this year. most of the main cast wants to leave. so i don't think they can really afford to lose another show. i'm just glad that it seems tvd is safe. there was some crazy rumor earlier this week that it might get canceled. but since they bring in the highest ratings and the highest demos im pretty sure there safe.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie09 (View Post)
well they have a couple of cds that came out. but they changed there name from aly and aj to 78violet. she was in a disney channel movie with aly and she was in the secretariat.
Into The Rush went Gold. Almost Platinum.

There second record didnt sell much but it did have a moderate hit in ''Potential Breakup Song".

They also had a christmas album. That didnt do much either.

Alyson is a really good singer but yall know that already. Bandslam was a horrible movie but Alyson was really good in it at least.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
Into The Rush went Gold. Almost Platinum.

There second record didnt sell much but it did have a moderate hit in ''Potential Breakup Song".

They also had a christmas album. That didnt do much either.

Alyson is a really good singer but yall know that already. Bandslam was a horrible movie but Alyson was really good in it at least.
yeah bandslam wasn't that great but alyson did do great especially in the emotional scenes. i really like her in the more emotional scenes like that scene in the buick with dan when there talking about what happned when they were sixteen.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Graphics Team

you can tell she is a good actress in those emotional scenes. i really liked her in 1x12 when she was teary eyed (almost) the whole episode! i really believed her. i think she is one of those actors who live their roles and not just play them!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

She's going to be on Lopez Tonight tonight. So happy to see my girl on a late night show.

Also here's a youtube vid of her one singing performance on Phil of the Future. It is a song on Aly & AJ's first album.

YouTube - Aly - Protecting Me: (In Phil Of The Future)

Last edited by slicknickshady; 02-28-2011 at 08:38 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Ooh, one of my favourite songs from them.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

She looked stunning on George Lopez last night. But that interview was so uneventful. It barely mentioned Hellcats. It was a blah interview. At least she was on a late night show for the first time though.