Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

^ I love that vid. "Dare You To Move" was a fantastic song choice!

Over the past 2 days I've read lots of comments on other boards and tumblr and there are fans who are squicked out by the M/J age difference and think that Marti doesn't need a man (and some have posted that Gale isn't hot)...that she should just get with Dan?!?!

Now, I'll admit that Dan is cute and has a body to die for...but I prefer Julian. The conclusion I've reached is that the folks who don't think Gale is hot, are not aware of his previous body of work on QAF and need to be shown the video below...and then asked again if they still think Gale isn't good-looking or hot enough for Marti!

As for fans who don't think Marti would want a man, what show have they been watching this season? Have they forgotten that she's not a teenager? Since all of the Hellcats partake in alcoholic beverages legally at "The Rat," Marti is at least 21 yrs if not a year or two older. (I've always gotten a vibe from Marti's character that she may not have immediately went to college after high school.)

Julian's character is most likely somewhere between the ages of 35-40 based on the years of schooling and experience needed to become the lawyer that he is today. Which leaves us with a 14-20 yr age gap, that while huge isn't exactly unheard of in real life.

So that makes Marti and Julian both consenting ADULTS. A relationship between the two of them will still set tongues a wagging due to the age gap, but so be it. You can't always choose who you fall in love with. Plus she is fairly mature for her age thanks to Wanda being inept at life (Marti made sure the bills were paid and kept a roof over their head). It just makes sense that Marti would be attracted to a man like Julian -- he's mature enough to handle a relationship and won't run away scared as hell at the first thought of it like Dan did. Marti will be able to count on Julian to be there for her.

Or we could also bring their relationship/attraction back to simple biology...Marti is pretty, young and physically fit which equals FERTILE. Julian is a good-looking, tall, strong male which also equals fertile, but more importantly to the female perspective implies PROVIDER and PROTECTOR.

/rant. Sorry for the long post, had a few things to get off my chest.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Graphics Team

i loved their scenes!!!!!!!!!!!! i definitely wanbt to see more. i think they might become one f my favorite pairings and normally i'm not really in for student/teacher relationships but gale's sooooooooooooo hot!

Last edited by chaos blues; 05-01-2011 at 07:00 AM
Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

marti is probly older then we think she is *nod* ANd yes i don't think she went straight to colloge after hs.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Graphics Team

she is 21! but that's not my point i am usually against those kind of relationships because what do people with a age difference like this really have in common? but with them it's different somehow.. i really like where this is going.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Emily
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Graphics Team

i'm so excited for next week!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
i'm so excited for next week!!!!!!
So am I!!!

To pass the time I've started working on a new mvid...the concept for it that's in my head right now, tells me that it will be EPIC...whether or not it actually is will be left to the opinions of all the M/J fans.

I have a super short preview of it:

Old 05-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by domiliefan (View Post)
Can you please add me? Thanks!
I added you

Love this videos

Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Graphics Team

yeah, the video is great!!! i can't wait for the whole thing.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm happy you guys like the video.

I'm pretty much "over the moon" right now with how well it's coming along...so I made a longer preview! Ohh, make sure to watch in 720 HD, 'cuz really does make a HUGE difference in video quality, esp. the black & white clips.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Graphics Team

great work! i realy love the song.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
great work! i realy love the song.
Thanks. Are you a Marianas Trench fan too? Or is this your first time hearing the song?

If it's your first time, you should check out the official music vid, it's awesome -- I the "Sin City" type colouring that was used. As for the song, it's heart-breakingly beautiful, although in my video, I'm using the original version of the duet that was Marianas Trench w/ Kate Voegele...I don't like the one w/ Jessica Lee as much.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Graphics Team

no, i knew them before watching the video but thanks anyway.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&Bfan4life (View Post)
Now, I'll admit that Dan is cute and has a body to die for...but I prefer Julian. The conclusion I've reached is that the folks who don't think Gale is hot, are not aware of his previous body of work on QAF and need to be shown the video below...and then asked again if they still think Gale isn't good-looking or hot enough for Marti!
Oh don't even talk about Brian Kinney to a QAFHolic!! lmao ..Oops! Guilty!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Graphics Team

yeah gale is just to die for, no matter what role he plays!