Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Goodbye Hellcats: Board Closing on Wednesday, November 30th...

Hey guys,

As I'm sure some of you have noticed, I organized a rewatch to help liven the board before Jordan and I closed it down. Unfortunately, it didn't really work out and it's proven to be more and more difficult to keep the board alive on our own. So, we've decided to close the board down 8 days from today on November 30th. It's a Wednesday, so at least it'll be going out on the same day of the week that the show premiered.

As much as I love the board, I just don't think it's feasible to keep it up and running, especially since it was cancelled so early, leaving us with such limited material.

I don't think I could ever truly put into words what this show meant to me. I found my true spirit animal in Marti Perkins, and my #1 OTP of all time in DM, and every week this show brought immeasurable joy to my life. Whether it was Savannah's personality or Dan's witty one-liners, the show was truly incredible. It perfectly captured this array of vastly different characters and gave each and every one of them their moments to shine, helped them grow throughout the season and never once dropped the ball on a storyline. The way in which the show intertwined so many different storylines and slowly but surely peeled back the layers on individual characters personified what it means to write well. It re-ignited my desire to create television shows and I only hope that I can one day produce something as wonderful as this show was.

I know that I will never find another show that was quite as flawlessly done as Hellcats and I will always, always love it.

Use this thread to write down what you loved about the show, what you miss most about it, maybe even a few memories of posting on the board or anything else you'd like to add. And remember, just 'cause we're saying goodbye here doesn't mean we're saying goodbye to the friends we've made on the board and all of our Hellcats discussion; Remember to stop by the Hellcats thread over at the Television board where Jordan and I will be sure to keep this show alive for years to come.

We love you all,
- Chelsea & Jordan

Last edited by serendipity or fate; 11-28-2011 at 02:41 AM
Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im really going to miss posting on this board!
It was seriously my second home lol.

First off I just want to thank Chelsea for not only being a awesome Co-Mod but also being a great friend! Your such a amazing person and I wish you all the best. Your the Marti to my Savannah

Im going to miss getting new episodes of this show every week and chatting about them with all of you!
Crushing on the boys, Finding a character we could each relate to, Laughing at the jokes and bawling at the serious scenes, Hoping our favorite ship would get a scene and watching the Hellcats become a family

The good thing with TV shows is that you can always go back and rewatch the episodes as many times as you want. Hellcats might not be on TV anymore but it will ALWAYS live on in our hearts.

Thanks to all the members for visiting and posting!
You guys are the best and we wouldnt of have a board for so long without you guys.

Take care and "Positive outcomes only"!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Awww so sad to see this board go, but I agree it was probably for the better. I was here when the board first opened up, but as soon as the show was canceled it was so hard to post here anymore.

Tori
Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really sorry to see this board close. I wish I could have helped out more often to keep this board alive.

I started watching the show because of Ashley, but I sticked around because there was a lot more to it than just a bunch of cheerleaders... cheerleading. It was a huge opportunity for all of the cast and I felt incredibly sad when I found the show was being canceled so early, and the same goes for the board now.

I get that you two had to make a difficult decision though and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm sure you did the right thing. You two were great moderators, so thank you, even though I didn't post here that often.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Oh my goodness! This saddens me so much! Jordan & Chelsea, I know this must have been a difficult decision for you to make, but it's for the best, I suppose. With only one season, it is kind of hard to keep it going since there is not much material to work with! As Joyce said, I started watching this show because of Ashley, but I came to love everyone in it and everything about it. Not to do any pimpin' or anything, but we still have a few active Hellcats related threads on Ashley's board, so feel free to stop by there anytime if you ever need a "Hellcats fix"!
Ashley Tisdale - Fan Forum

I will miss this board (even though I didn't post in it that much) and will continue to miss everything about this show! I found my OTP in Dan & Savannah and I will always love & adore them & their sweetness.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Graphics Team

i'm sad to see the board go although i didn't really post these past few months. but i totally understand your reasoning and i agree. thank you for everything you did for the board.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I just recently joined the board and this news still hurts me a lot. This board had a good run and I love everyone here! It was great posting with you all even if it was for such a short time!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sad to see this board close I didn't post a lot in this board. Thank Chels for making me watch Hellcats and ship DM. I like Dan and Savannah too, and of course Savannah and Marti. I wish the show was given a second chance so all the potentials of this show would not have just left behind

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Awww, thanks so much, everyone, for stopping by. You guys really made this board what it was and it wouldn't of been nearly as fun without you all.

Em, I love you! I knew you'd love DM just like me. They were absolutely beautiful together.

I will miss every single thing about this show. But my wonderful co-mod is right: we'll always have Season 1.

Jordan, bb, I love you dearly. You'll always be the Savannah to my Marti and co-modding with you has been such a fun, awesome experience because we've become such great friends and we'll continue to be long after this board is gone.

I hope you guys always keep your memories of this amazing show because it definitely deserves it.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg i'm sorry to hear the board is closing too! this board was fun & awesome to post on even though i haven't posted on the board in a while i still loved this board!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

It's sad to see this board go but it was a matter of time, wasn't it?

I have to say, it really was a save haven because virtually none of my friends were watching and/or enjoying the show. I came to it because I became a fan of Gale but quickly decided I need to watch more those just his episodes.

I quickly became a Marti/Julian shipper (as you know) and it's the first ship I shipped in a long time while it was happening, dreading from episode to episode, coming up with possible scenarios etc.

While I'm not into cheerleading (it's not really popular here), I loved the show and it's characters. While it's the type of show I usually watch, I enjoyed it a lot, the fun, the drama, the routines etc. And I loved chatting with you guys about it.

I'll still be running HellcatsFan.com and add whatever I can. Other than that, there is still fanfic to be writting which I will probably post on ff.net and my LJ and might link to it on General Thread. I hope to see some of guys there

*hearts you all*

I have an opinion. So do you. If you respect mine, I will/do respect yours.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry to see this board going
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for stopping by everyone. We really appreciate it.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I sad to see this board go, but i agree that it's hard to keep it alive after lasting a season. I remember coming here after episodes debating over the S/D/M storyline. i love the frienships the characters had on this show Marti coming out of her bias and finding that cheerleaders are cool. I always loved cheerleading and dancing so I loved that this show gave it a positive light. I loved Jake/Alice and will miss them. i wasen't a Marti/Dan shipper or Dan shipper but they had some good moments. Same with Dan/Savannah.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Good-bye, Hellcats board!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street