Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 9.22 ~ “O ke kumu, o ka m?na, ho‘opuka ‘ia” (The Teacher, the Pupil – Let it come forth) April 26 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!

9.22 “O ke kumu, o ka m?na, ho‘opuka ‘ia”

“The Teacher, the Pupil – Let it come forth”

WHILE ADAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF AN UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT ABOUT TO WED THE DAUGHTER OF A YAKUZA LEADER, NOELANI IS HELD HOSTAGE AND FORCED TO OPERATE AT GUNPOINT ON A CRIMINAL, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 26

“O ke kumu, o ka m?na, ho‘opuka ‘ia” – While Adam investigates the murder of an undercover FBI agent about to wed the daughter of a Yakuza leader, Noelani is held hostage and forced, along with her mentor Dr. Chu (Page Leong), to operate at gunpoint on a criminal, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, April 26 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“O ke kumu, o ka m?na, ho‘opuka ‘ia” is Hawaiian for “The Teacher, the Pupil – Let it come forth”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, @IanAnthonyDale & @KimeeB shine as Adam and Noelani each have to deal with people from their pasts and the paths they chose for themselves. @HawaiiFive0CBS 4/26 9pm http://bit.ly/2K6Cp11

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Brittany Ishibashi (Tamiko)

GUEST CAST:
Page Leong (Dr. Chu)
Alexander Wraith (Aleki)
Sonny Saito (Masuda)
Ernest Bailey (Al Walters)
Teri Reeves (Abby)
Tierre Turner (Gunman #2)

WRITTEN BY: Rob Hanning & Ashley Dizon
DIRECTED BY: Brad Turner

Promo

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

No Danny, boring episode. But at the end, Steve being there for Lani was sweet and I liked that part.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Collins (View Post)
No Danny, boring episode. But at the end, Steve being there for Lani was sweet and I liked that part.
What? I thought he is in every of the last episodes of this season...
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was really good. I loved both stories!

Poor Noelani she had a really bad day but we did finally learn why she became a coroner, Noelani explained that she left surgery behind because she didn't want to have to wall herself off from her emotions, as she had witnessed her mentor Chu doing. The same Chu who dragged her into this mess and even betrayed her. Was great to see how Noelani was still fighting to escape, and left some clues so that Five-O could find her. Noelani was such a badass this episode

Poor Tamiko she needed a friend she went to Adam to help her finding her fiancee Kevin a undercover FBI Agent with who she would married that day. No surprise he ended up dead but I liked the twist I first thought Tamiko father Masuda head of the Yakuza had killed him because Kevin was a FBI agent but it turns out it was someone from Kevin past when Steve and Adam went to the boot to get the killer he was already dead Masuda had already taken revenge he really loves his daughter.

Don't know what to think of the talk between Adam and Masuda I know Adam is happy with his new family at Five-O he will never go back to the Yakuza right but it would be so weird when Adam a cop will find his new girlfriend in Tamiko daughter of the head of the Yakuza (remember when Adam started dating Kono) what I know is that Tamiko will be back and that their parents years ago wanted that they got married.

Sorry for the shippers but I still can't see Tani and Junior as a couple but it seems that Peter Lenkov is going for it.

The ending was so touching when Steve comfort Noelani how he explains to her that they can save their loved ones from making a bad decision. Steve is there for everyone what that man went trhough over the years .... seen so much..... lost so much.... can still be there for his friends, be that strong shoulder when they need him.... what a remarkable man is Steve McGarrett!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Tani and Junior as a couple just doesn't work, I can't see them as a couple, best friends yes.

Steve is an incredible man, he is always there for his friends, he wears his heart on his sleeve,
Old 04-27-2019, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

think it was an interesting episode, but no danny and not as much scenes for steve as I had hoped for was a bit disappointing...

don't see tani and junior as a couple either. hope they stay friends though.

if there is a season 10 I think we will see masuda again.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:25 AM
New Fan

didn't care for this episode was so boring IMHO probaly because Danny wasn't in it which seems strange since Scott already did his five not there episodes and because i'd don't like Adam never did. Not sure if it the actor or his chacater and writing but he is so boring. And yes I'd agree with everyone about Jr and Tani getting together. It is totally not working and just leave them as friends and nothing else. But love the end with Steve and corner and love how he talked about Joe and he finally had peace of knowing he couldn't help Joe
linda5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:47 AM
New Fan

Disapointed. Like watching paint dry. Don't like Adam either. I thought he'd lost his money when he went on the run with Kono. He has a fancy apartment and car. Don't like Jr and Tani either. Steve not in it much. Why is this series still on. No Danny. I guess Scott works when he wants to now. He'll just wander in sometimes and they'll write him into the episode. Same with Grover. Ok I'm here want me to do something, stand around the table. The episode improved at the end, but too late. Steve and Noelani talk was good. Don't throw stones they could be a couple. Guess the writers and show runners stopped trying end of season/end of series.
Patf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Regarding Scott. From what I heard according to the new contract, he does not appear in 7 episodes per season (he will not be also in 9.24).

And it really annoys me what some people say about Alex in this episode. The series is not just about Steve, it's not the only character and actor in the show, he does not have to be in every scene. We have many great characters and actors who shine. Anyway, it's Alex's decision. He wanted to have more time in some episodes to rest. That's the main reason why he renewed the contract to find a way out to have more free time.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow am I the only one who liked the episode

I watch mostly for Steve/Alex but I know that Every team member get's his moment to shine this time it was Noelani and Adam and I love seeing Noelani kick some butt last night I love her character

I also have mixed feelings about Adam his character is to sweet some times and in some way for me he doesn't fit into the team but I love Ian.

I am grateful that both Alex and Scott stayed for so many years I hope they will return for season 10 if that means I will see them less in every episode and Scott for more than 7 episodes I take it.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
1. Wow am I the only one who liked the episode

2. I am grateful that both Alex and Scott stayed for so many years I hope they will return for season 10 if that means I will see them less in every episode and Scott for more than 7 episodes I take it.
1. no

2. me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4
1.Regarding Scott. From what I heard according to the new contract, he does not appear in 7 episodes per season (he will not be also in 9.24).

2.And it really annoys me what some people say about Alex in this episode. The series is not just about Steve, it's not the only character and actor in the show, he does not have to be in every scene. We have many great characters and actors who shine. Anyway, it's Alex's decision. He wanted to have more time in some episodes to rest. That's the main reason why he renewed the contract to find a way out to have more free time.
1. thanks for the info

2. I don't want him in every scene (even like it when the team can show that they are capable of working alone) and I didn't want to "degrade" the other actors, but for me mcdanno and steve's action scenes are a big part of the show and having none of it just makes me feel disappointed.
totally understand and respect that alex wants less screen/work time.

Last edited by nuwanda; 04-28-2019 at 02:47 AM
Old 04-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

it seems that both lead actors want less screen time, heard alex wants to step away from acting so he can director,
Old 04-29-2019, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
it seems that both lead actors want less screen time, heard alex wants to step away from acting so he can director,
Yeah he have said that on the Paleyfest all the people in the room yelled Nooooooo!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
hope that is not true. understand that he doesn't want to do a TV show anymore, but I hope he plays in a movie once in a while then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity
all the people in the room yelled Nooooooo!!!

I can imagine that
Old 04-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
hope that is not true. understand that he doesn't want to do a TV show anymore, but I hope he plays in a movie once in a while then.
Me too now that you have said it I realize when Alex will only go directing we fans will never see him again and that will break my heart
Reply   Post New Thread