Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 9.09 “Mai ka po mai ka ‘oia’i’o” (Truth Comes from the Night) ~ November 30 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

9.09 “Mai ka po mai ka ‘oia’i’o”

“Truth Comes from the Night”

BOOM! POW! WHAM! A RENOWNED URBAN VIGILANTE IS KILLED AFTER MAKING ANOTHER CITIZEN’S ARREST, AND FIVE-0 DELVES INTO THE WORLD OF SUPER HEROES AND COMIC BOOKS TO FIND THE KILLER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 30

“Mai ka po mai ka ‘oia’i’o” – A renowned urban vigilante is killed after making another citizen’s arrest, and Five-0 delves into the world of super heroes and comic books to find the killer. Also, Adam finally gets closer to finding out who killed his sister, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Mai ka po mai ka ‘oia’i’o” is Hawaiian for “Truth Comes from the Night”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, question for you: If Steve, Danny or any of the Five-0 team could be a super hero, who would they choose to be? Can’t wait to hear what you think! @HawaiiFive0CBS 11/30 9pm http://bit.ly/2QxaSV4

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Zach Sulzbach (Charlie)
Dana Lee (Kimura)
Sonny Saito (Masuda)

GUEST CAST:
Kalae Chung (Gene Wahele)
Wyatt Nash (The Guardian)
Phoebe Neidhardt (Sharon)
Matthew Arkin (Michael Pope)
Stan Egi (Ito Ishikawa)
Ryan Kalei Tsuji (Trevor Wahele)
Becky Wu (Claire Willoughby)
Moku Durant (Thief/Actor)
Cody Gomes (Niko)
Amber Miles (Woman)
Marlan Francis R. Ponce (Young Gene Wahele)
Jason Triplett (Dealer)

WRITTEN BY: Christos Gage & Ruth Fletcher Gage
DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum
Old 11-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Loved the ending, love seeing steve with Charlie, plus loved when he said book him danno,
Old 12-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

won't be able to watch before sunday, though.

Hope tani is going to tell steve about the gun.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:08 AM
New Fan

Sort of low key. Let the extras do all the work. They blew the budget on 200th episode. Funny how all the action was shown in the comic book at the end. Liked seeing Charlie.
Patf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was better than the Thanksgiving episode I liked the story but all went very slow miss the action in this episode they show it in a comic book at the end I rather had seen Steve doing it.

Again a Jerry centric episode loved how Steve let Jerry play the bad cop but I don't see Jerry as a cop he can be better stay behind the computer in the office.

Loved seeing Eddie

For me McDanno is the show the humor they bring so funny I am always happy when Danny is back when he said "That sound like my ex-mother in law" I lost it I couldn't stop laughing

Charlie seeing his dan and Uncle Steve as super heroes was so cute.

For me the team is still not working they never are all at the same time in the office and sorry but Adam he doens't bring anything to the show.

Maybe I am the only one but how they wrap up the stupid Adam storyline with the gun was a big let down so now Kimura killed Adam sister WHY??? what was his motivation to kill her and does Steve know now what happend???? I need answers!!

Next week looks awesome can't wait!!!
Old 12-02-2018, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

you are right. it was slow (NCIS had a super hero episode a few years ago and it was funnier), but still better than the thanksgiving ep. and I'd rather like to see two or more jerry centered ep than one gover centered.

nice to see charlie and eddie again even it was just short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
1. Maybe I am the only one but how they wrap up the stupid Adam storyline with the gun was a big let down

2. so now Kimura killed Adam sister WHY??? what was his motivation to kill her and does Steve know now what happend????

3. Next week looks awesome can't wait!!!

1. you are absolutely right.

2. as I understand it kimura wanted to protect the yakuza - something about money. unfortunately I didn't really understand everything they said. I am not sure about steve knowing anything. I can't imagine they told him, because then they had shown us the scene, but on the other hand I think he must know, because arresting someone like Kimura can't be done unnoticed.

3. haven't seen anything yet, but I can't wait either (although I have to wait till sunday again). hope there is more action this time and we get to see more mcdanno.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

1. Steve went from being awkward with kids to loving them and everybody's honorary uncle

2. Jerry playing the "bad cop" as long as he does not own a gun LOL

3. In a sense, Youtube has inspired so called vigilantes in doing things that could get them behind bars

4. Really not one of the best episodes in fact the worst I have seen. Only Jerry saved it. 1/10!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 (View Post)

4. Really not one of the best episodes in fact the worst I have seen. Only Jerry saved it. 1/10!
guess you haven't seen the thanksgiving then....much worse than this one.
Reply   Post New Thread