Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 9.03 When the Sea Draws Out the Tidal Wave, the Rocks Where the Cowries Hide Are Exposed" ~ October 12 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

“Mimiki ke kai, ahuwale ka papa leho” is Hawaiian for ”

“When the Sea Draws Out the Tidal Wave, the Rocks Where the Cowries Hide Are Exposed”

WHEN A HEAT WAVE HITS OAHU, CRIME SPIKES AND MCGARRETT AND DANNY HUNT DOWN A BANK THIEF, AND TANI AND JUNIOR’S CAR IS STOLEN WHILE ON DUTY, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 12

“Mimiki ke kai, ahuwale ka papa leho” – Crime spikes when a heat wave hits Oahu, causing McGarrett and Danny to hunt down a bank thief, and Tani and Junior’s car is stolen while they’re on duty. Also, Grover plays the golf game of a lifetime, and Kamekona incites a riot by price-gouging on his shave ice, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Mimiki ke kai, ahuwale ka papa leho” is Hawaiian for “When the Sea Draws Out the Tidal Wave, the Rocks Where the Cowries Hide Are Exposed”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, is it hot in here or is it just McGarrett?! A heat wave hits Oahu and this episode is going to make you sweat! @HawaiiFive0CBS! 10/12 9pm http://bit.ly/2xIpNV3

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Duane “Dog” Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
Shawn Thomsen (Pua Kai)

GUEST CAST:
Tara Macken (Tracy Benson/Allison Ross)
Anthony Molinari (Lieutenant Avea)
Andrew James Miller (Officer Wendall)
Andrew Puente (Caddy/Gary)
Mandy June Turpin (Mrs. Dresden)
Andrew Oliveri (Makaio)
Nyah Juliano (Pool Teen #1)
Mason Canonico (Pool Teen #2)
John Mark Harmon (Thief)
Russell Satele (Clerk)
Kenny Stevenson (Dave)
Fernando Martinez (Akamu)
Mike Cabrera (Konani)
Marina Salapatas (Auntie)
Vince Ferragamo (Male Customer)

WRITTEN BY: Rob Hanning
DIRECTED BY: Antonio Negret

Promo

Old 10-13-2018, 04:34 AM
Passionate Fan

It was a filler episode. But it was a very good filler episode, in a different tone than usual. Very fun and cool to watch. Storyline with Steve and Danny and their scenes were great. But the best part of the episode were scenes with Tani and Junior. We had many great moments between these two, both funny and emotional and serious. I really like their relationship. Their partnership is getting stronger, they are becoming more and more like Steve and Danny, when it comes to parnterism and a strong bond. I am waiting for the next scenes with them. Grover storyline I thought it would be better. I like storyline with sports on the show. The storyline had its moments, but it also had irritating moments. Jerry once again showed his concern for others, I like it very much in him. The last scene with rain and showing different characters was one of the best moments in episode, and it was beautifully filmed.

Last edited by Core 4; 10-13-2018 at 04:41 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode had his up and downs!

The best!!

Steve and Danny working on a case together was great but I wonder is the restaurant open for business they had a lot of food lying there.

Love Tani and Junior they had funny moments and some serious I felt for Junior when he told Tani about his sister, also they had their first cargument and Junior driving Tani's car, they are really mini McDanno

Jerry is such a great sweet guy how he handeld the situation was awesome!!

Loved the last part "singing in the rain"

The worse!

Grover was beyond annoying he was a selfish jerk!! and to make fun about someone who is passed out shame on you Grover can't believe he is a cop!! If it was his son lying there and anyone would make fun about him than he would have act 100% different.

Kamekona got what he deserves, no wonder that people got mad at him he never thinks about others only when he can make money out of it.

Last edited by Immunity; 10-14-2018 at 02:32 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
This episode had his up and downs!

Steve and Danny working on a case together was great but I wonder is the restaurant open for business they had a lot of food lying there.

Love Tani and Junior they had funny moments and some serious I felt for Junior when he told Tani about his sister, also they had their first cargument and Junior driving Tani's car, they are really mini McDanno
It is not open yet. From what I know, the restaurant is going to have a soft open in 200th episode (9.07).

Tani and Junior moments were amazing. The arguments of Steve and Danny influenced Tani and Junior that they became them. Someone on Twitter noticed well that Junior is like Steve personality wise but like Danny work wise and Tani is like Steve work wise and like Danny personality wise. So this is not an identical copy of McDanno. What is good.

Last edited by Core 4; 10-13-2018 at 05:49 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
It is not open yet. From what I know, the restaurant is going to have a soft open in 200th episode (9.07).

Tani and Junior moments were amazing. The arguments of Steve and Danny influenced Tani and Junior that they became them. Someone on Twitter noticed well that Junior is like Steve personality wise but like Danny work wise and Tani is like Steve work wise and like Danny personality wise. So this is not an identical copy of McDanno. What is good.
Ok thanks!! I still wonder why they had al that meat don't they listen to the news that there would be a heatwave coming

OMG!! now you have said that I notice that is so true aldo Junior can do sometimes stuff like McGarrett. I agree we don't need a second McDanno couple one is enough. I love Tani and Junior they working so well together.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)

1. Steve and Danny working on a case together was great but I wonder is the restaurant open for business they had a lot of food lying there.

2. Love Tani and Junior they had funny moments and some serious I felt for Junior when he told Tani about his sister, also they had their first cargument and Junior driving Tani's car, they are really mini McDanno
1. i was wondering about that too. didn't look like it was already open, but there was more than enough food for it.

2. liked that too. they are getting better each episode.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

1. Just hope Junior will not be a control freak like Steve is and learn it can be bad
2. Tani acting like a Danny Jr
3. Glad McDanno is not bickering like they have been
4. Jerry being a bad*ss and cuffing the man and revealing his wife was indeed expecting and the man who we thought would be a jerk buying the ice came off a decent person.
5. Lou acting funny and loving the heat as really he brightens my day on the show, poor Caddy Gary had to deal with this
6. Singing in the rain in the aftermath funny and priceless

7/10! Not much of a pilot to the C.O.T.W.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

omg junior in the office watching tv without any pants or underwear on

and yes tani and junior are totally mcdanno jr
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Mcdanno scenes were great like always.

Junior and Tani are Mcdanno jr.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

My favorite line is Tani telling Junior he's just like McGarret and Junior saying something like there's no one better to model myself after.

I really love the respect in that relationship. I love how they are choosing to showcase them. I think the car scene was meant to be funny and it was. And I don't think Junior a clone of Steve but rather Junior sees the positive aspects of who Steve is and wants to copy that.