Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 8.20 “He lokomaika’i ka manu o Kaiona” (Kind is the Bird of Kaiona) ~ April 13 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

8.20 “He lokomaika’i ka manu o Kaiona”

“Kind is the Bird of Kaiona”

CATHERINE ROLLINS RECRUITS MCGARRETT AND JERRY TO SEARCH FOR A URANIUM DEPOSIT BEFORE A SUSPECTED TERRORIST CAN USE IT TO MAKE DIRTY BOMBS, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 13

Michelle Borth Returns as Catherine Rollins

“He lokomaika’i ka manu o Kaiona” – Catherine Rollins (Michelle Borth) recruits McGarrett and Jerry to help her track down a uranium deposit thought to be hidden on an abandoned Hawaiian island before a suspected terrorist can make dirty bombs with it. Also, when Junior falls and is trapped in a ravine, he reflects on his estranged relationship with his father, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, April 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“He lokomaika’i ka manu o Kaiona” is Hawaiian for “Kind is the Bird of Kaiona”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, Catherine is back! Are you rooting for #McRollins? @MichelleBorth @HawaiiFive0CBS 4/13 9pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2FVpH2y

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

RECURRING CAST:
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

GUEST CAST:
Mapuana Makia (Dr. Royce)
Louis Herthum (CIA Agent Matt Harlow)
Tracey Graves (SFC. Rodriguez)
Ma’a Tanuvasa (Sheriff Marcus Kalawaia)
Lehi Falepapalangi (Hunter #1)
BJ Penn (Hunter #2)
Dana Lee (Mr. Kimura)

WRITTEN BY: Rob Hanning & Sean O’Reilly
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo

Old 04-14-2018, 04:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. One of the best this season. I like both storylines. I was afraid of this return of Catherine, but they as friends and not a romantic relationship was key, and the best option. This I can accept because I do not want to return to each other after what happened between them. I like their scenes. Looks like they have found a way to communicate well with each other again, but just as a friends. It was also a good decision that Jerry was with them, he is a perfect match for such missions. I liked his outfit. I also enjoyed the action and that they were mostly in the open air.

Storyline with Junior also I liked. The best episode of Junior so far. I liked the emotional conversation about his father and his deceased sister. It's great too that Eddie was with him. A lot of scenes were with Eddie, which is good. I did not expect Noriko's death. But I doubt that Adam killed her.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG!! what a great episode the best of the season IMO. With two great stoylines

Catherine was back Gosh I've missed her so much! for me the spark is still there between them but I am happy they are friends again loved how she and Steve worked together again. I hope Cath will be back she belongs to be with Steve I know Steve is in a relationship with Lynn like he said to Cath but they keep it casual for me after suchs a long time there is no love from Steve there for Lynn. McRoll Forever

We got some more backstory about Junior and his tough relationship with his dad seems when Junior was young he and his dad had a great relationship all changed when something happend with Junior sister Maya in August 2012 I expect she died and when Junior went into the Navy. I was glad that Junior decided to call his dad after a day being trapped in a ravine. I was happy we got so much scene's with Eddie

What? Noriko is dead already. I thought she would be around till the end of the season. I don't think Adam killed her I think Dana Lee did it or he order the hit but I have no idea why Adam need a alibi I hope Steve will still trust Adam.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:00 PM
New Fan

actually really enjoy this episode. love that at least Steve and Catherine are still good friends. kamokono was funny with his contract for steve lol danny really should have steve sign a contract for driving his car lol. but was actually surprise steve and catherine didn't talk about the real parts like steve with radation posioning, jr staying at steve's house or the restruant danny and steve owns. So does casual means that Steve can date again and find a real girlfriend since lynn is nothing just a friend with benefit. i'd was actually lol when catherine mocked lynn name and steve laugh because even he knows there is zero chemistry between him and lynn lol
linda5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda5576 (View Post)
actually really enjoy this episode. love that at least Steve and Catherine are still good friends. kamokono was funny with his contract for steve lol danny really should have steve sign a contract for driving his car lol. but was actually surprise steve and catherine didn't talk about the real parts like steve with radation posioning, jr staying at steve's house or the restruant danny and steve owns. So does casual means that Steve can date again and find a real girlfriend since lynn is nothing just a friend with benefit. i'd was actually lol when catherine mocked lynn name and steve laugh because even he knows there is zero chemistry between him and lynn lol

I totally forgot Kamekona he knows Steve very well

How funny is it that Lynn is now what Cath in the past was a friend with benefits nothing more!! I agree no chemistry with Lynn at all I was surprized that Steve laughed about it.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I totally forgot Kamekona he knows Steve very well

How funny is it that Lynn is now what Cath in the past was a friend with benefits nothing more!! I agree no chemistry with Lynn at all I was surprized that Steve laughed about it.
i'd kind of find it funny that the last two times catherine shows up is when danny isn't there. think catherine is scared of danny lol because she knows danny will give her the mother load of rants lol i'd really think danny is more deadly and dangerous than steve is when he is very pissed lol
Old 04-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
i'd kind of find it funny that the last two times catherine shows up is when danny isn't there. think catherine is scared of danny lol because she knows danny will give her the mother load of rants lol i'd really think danny is more deadly and dangerous than steve is when he is very pissed lol
Exactly my thoughts!
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

like the ep too.

steve calling jerry "dr. jones" was funny, but also convinient.
like that steve and catherine are still friends, but i can also see them get back together again - maybe even not until the end of the show, but everything is possible there. (don't think lynn is the right woman for steve anyway)

Quote:
think catherine is scared of danny lol because she knows danny will give her the mother load of rants lol i'd really think danny is more deadly and dangerous than steve is when he is very pissed lol
never thought about that, but i like it.

speaking of danny: is there a reason he is more away from the show than on it???
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)

speaking of danny: is there a reason he is more away from the show than on it???
Yes Scott family lives in LA because hè want to spend more time with them hè has a contract for 5/6 episodes less each season then the rest of the cast
Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

didn't know that. thanks for the answer
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally got to watch the ending since it got cut on my DVR.

I think the episode was ok (yes I’m probably the only one who thinks that) but I don’t care for Catherine at all. She just annoys me so I didn’t enjoy her scenes.

I agree that Steve doesn’t belong with Lynn either. Hope Plenkov can find someone who can be Steve before the series ends.

I liked Jr’s storyline and glad we got to see more into his past/life. Idk why but his sister kinda reminds me of Tani for some reason. I’m glad that he is going to try and work it out with his father.

Is Adam really leaving or was he just saying that because of what happened with Jessie? Will he stay now that Noriko died?

It was also great to see BJ Penn as an extra!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
I finally got to watch the ending since it got cut on my DVR.

I think the episode was ok (yes I’m probably the only one who thinks that) but I don’t care for Catherine at all. She just annoys me so I didn’t enjoy her scenes.

I agree that Steve doesn’t belong with Lynn either. Hope Plenkov can find someone who can be Steve before the series ends.

I liked Jr’s storyline and glad we got to see more into his past/life. Idk why but his sister kinda reminds me of Tani for some reason. I’m glad that he is going to try and work it out with his father.

Is Adam really leaving or was he just saying that because of what happened with Jessie? Will he stay now that Noriko died?

It was also great to see BJ Penn as an extra!
in a earlier interview this year Peter said that Ian will be leaving soon on the show so he can go back to Salvation since he is a regular on that show too. But not sure if that episode was his last for this season.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
in a earlier interview this year Peter said that Ian will be leaving soon on the show so he can go back to Salvation since he is a regular on that show too. But not sure if that episode was his last for this season.
Oh! Thanks for that info. I keep forgetting he has another regular show n
Old 04-21-2018, 07:53 PM
New Fan

Cath was jealous. She asked about Tani first and then Lynn. That’s why Steve was smiling and chuckling because he knew she was fishing! I think his “casual” comment was to spare her.

Maybe he and Lynn aren’t serious but FWB (although I do remember him telling the counselor when she was driving with him and Danny that he was having sex 3x’s a week and was happy. Regardless, Cath mentioned she was dating (pointing out it was in-between interrogations and chasing bad guys) so nothing changes with her. She must have an issue with commitment. Even if she had said yes to a proposal the wedding wouldn’t have happened because she would’ve flown off somewhere to avoid being Mrs. Steve McGarrett.
IlLVHI64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:33 PM
New Fan

find it kind of funny how Steve had Catherine pay for dinner after she almost got them killed. So does that mean Steve pay for dinner every day for Danny since Steve always tried to killed Danny. It the lease Steve can do too lol
Reply   Post New Thread