Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 7.09 “'Elua l? ma Nowemapa” (Two days in November) ~ November 18 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

7.09 “'Elua l? ma Nowemapa”

“Two days in November”

WHEN A CONSPIRACY THEORIST WITH COMPELLING EVIDENCE THAT JFK’S CABINET ORDERED HIS ASSASSINATION IS MURDERED, FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES ONE OF HISTORY’S MOST NOTORIOUS UNSOLVED MYSTERIES, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 18

“'Elua l? ma Nowemapa” – When a conspiracy theorist with compelling evidence that JFK’s cabinet ordered his assassination is murdered, Five-0 investigate’s one of history’s most notorious unsolved mysteries, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 18 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(“'Elua l? ma Nowemapa” is Hawaiian for “Two Days in November”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 investigates #JFK’s assassination! Sounds like a job 4 Jerry! @HawaiiFive0CBS #CBS 11/18 9pm CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES ONE OF HISTORY’S MOST NOTORIOUS UNSOLVED MYSTERIES FOLLOWING THE MURDER OF A CONSPIRACY THEORIST WHO QUESTIONED WHY JFK’S CABINET WAS ON OAHU JUST BEFORE HIS ASSASSINATION, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, N

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:

Andrew Lawrence (Eric Russo)
Katie Malia (Susie Freeling)
Matt Battaglia (Agent Ward)
Marty Ryan (Dean Rusk (1963))
Marshall Bell (Drake/Older Gentleman)
Buz Tennent (Ambassador Lodge/Man (1963))
Larry Wegger (Cabinet Member #1)
Tom Holowach (Cabinet Member #2)
Don Pierce (Cabinet Member #4)
Catherine Davis (Kamele Hale (1963))
Wayne Ward (George Sellers)
Kimo Hugho (Mauli Hoku)
Dann Seki (Shimura)
Mark Ganialongo (Attendant)
Iwalani Campman (Owner)
Benen Weir (Teenage Boy)
Jock Armour (Young Drake (1963))
Kamehu Nihipali (Young Mauli (1963))
Kelly Lawson (General Taylor)
Kahu Watters (Don Ho)

WRITTEN BY: Sean Farina
DIRECTED BY: Maja Vrvilo

Promo/Sneak Peeks

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Another unusual episode this season. This time focused on Jerry and conspiracy about the JFK assassination. Of course, from the beginning it was clear that it does not turn out at the end that it was Kennedy's gabinet was behind the murder, because it's not sci-fi series, so they can not change history, so important history in US history. Nevertheless, great is watching, when every minute more and more indications that it may be true, and even members of the Five-0 also began to believe it, and Jerry wanted to learn the truth about the death of his friend. The best version of Jerry is Jerry as a conspiracy theorist, and he showed the great perfomance in this episode. I also like his scenes with Chin and Steve, Jerry has always had a special bond with these two characters.

Great were the flashbacks, which showed us Hawaii in the 60s. I always love when they show us the flashback scenes so distant, especially those related to the history of Hawaii. Now it was also the same. Climate, costumes, etc. good they it showed. Cool was also "see" Don Ho, the legendary Hawaiian musician, and the author of the known song "Tiny Bubbles". What else? Well, just a funny scene between Danny and Grover. I can not wait for next their conversations.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

So much has been written about the assossination of JFK - fact, fiction, conspiracy theories and yet there are no real answers to this day. I agree with Bartek that this episode was awesome for the flashbacks. Also that Jerry does his best as a conspiracy theorist. I've always loved him in this role.

I loved Steve interrogating the FBI guy, who was really a jerk. It was great when he told him they were 4 stories underground and no one knows where he is. Steve can be very convincing.

All in all, it was an enjoyable episode.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode! It was so different than a usual episode of H5O.

It was very well written it was so believable that for a min people most of thinking H5O will rewrite the history of the USA but we all know that's not possible

Love Jerry in his role as conspiracy theorist I felt for him when he lost his friend Susie.

Mad Steve is HOT!! I was so happy he hit Ward the law enforcement officer of the FBI in his face when he found out through photo's on a camara that Ward could have safed Susie or at least warning her that she was in danger. Wish Steve would let him rot in the bunker good to know it is 4 stories underground

I really liked the end with Jerry and Steve. Love the touching moments where McGarrett shows his support and understanding to his Ohana.

The Danny and Lou scene was so freaking funny.

Kudos to H5O for the wonderful flashbacks really!! great job the music, the costumes it was perfect and nice to see how Hawaii looked back in the 60th

No new episode for 2 weeks

Last edited by Immunity; 11-19-2016 at 04:42 PM
Old 11-20-2016, 03:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I enjoyed this episode! It was so different than a usual episode of H5O.

It was very well written it was so believable that for a min people most of thinking H5O will rewrite the history of the USA but we all know that's not possible

Love Jerry in his role as conspiracy theorist I felt for him when he lost his friend Susie.

Mad Steve is HOT!! I was so happy he hit Ward the law enforcement officer of the FBI in his face when he found out through photo's on a camara that Ward could have safed Susie or at least warning her that she was in danger. Wish Steve would let him rot in the bunker good to know it is 4 stories underground

I really liked the end with Jerry and Steve. Love the touching moments where McGarrett shows his support and understanding to his Ohana.

The Danny and Lou scene was so freaking funny.

Kudos to H5O for the wonderful flashbacks really!! great job the music, the costumes it was perfect and nice to see how Hawaii looked back in the 60th

No new episode for 2 weeks
Agree about everything you say. This was definitely the best episode of season 7 and one of the best in the series. Really well written and acted. We had plenty of Chin in the episode and chemistry with jerry was excellent. The twist at the end about Susie dying because of different case was a good move.
Not to mention fatherly quarrel between Lou and Danno was comedy gold

I have to admit this season has been excellent so far, even weaker episodes are way better than waht we had in season 6. I was affraid the writers were out of ideas but this season is very enjoybale.
It's sad to hear about Masi Oka's exit though - we all like Max. I will his Keany Reeves impersonations.

Last edited by ateofi; 11-20-2016 at 03:43 AM
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateofi (View Post)
I have to admit this season has been excellent so far, even weaker episodes are way better than waht we had in season 6. I was affraid the writers were out of ideas but this season is very enjoybale.
It's sad to hear about Masi Oka's exit though - we all like Max. I will his Keany Reeves impersonations.
I agree this season rocks!!! and the ratings are better then ever!............ Thought the same about the writers but sofar they suprized me.

Firts thing I thought about when I heard Masi would leave H5O no Halloween Keany Reeves costume anymore
Old 11-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Chin is my favorite. Has been since season 4. His character has been the most developed out of the regulars. But they are all great. Yes even Steve despite my love-hate relationship.

Glad Steve did not take down the FBI agents in front of Danny. But he could have. Danny really I am loving this season.

Knowing that a lot of people that do not like Jerry. I am the opposite. He is like a huge teddy bear!

But really the CIA and FBI can't scare Steve!

Danny and Lou talking about their children it is only the beginning!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 (View Post)
Knowing that a lot of people that do not like Jerry. I am the opposite. He is like a huge teddy bear!
I can't imagine why everyone doesn't just love Jerry. I think he's a teddy bear too and love him in his role. Doesn't every show need a conspiracy theorist?

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I also like Jerry. From the first appearance in season 4. His best version is as conspiracy theorist, but his funny side also I like. I also have the sentiment for the actor because of the Lost.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't post yet? What?!

Interesting episode for sure! I love Jerry and don't understand why some don't like him. He is a great at the whole conspiracy theory thing I agree

Danny and Lou great stuff!

This season is superb so far and I am so excited for the rest of it!