Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 7.07 ~ (“Ka makuahine a me ke keikikane” (Mother and Son) ~ November 4 ~ Episode Discusssion Thread!!

7.07 “Ka makuahine a me ke keikikane”

“Mother and Son”

FIVE-0 MUST FREE MCGARRETT’S MOTHER AFTER CATHERINE INFORMS THEM THAT DORIS WAS CAPTURED AND IS ABOUT TO BE EXECUTED, ON THE 150th EPISODE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 4

Christine Lahti, Michelle Borth and Sarah Carter Return for the Milestone Episode

Christine Lahti’s Daughter, Emma Schlamme, Guest Stars as a Young Doris McGarrett

“Ka makuahine a me ke keikikane” – Five-0 must free McGarrett’s mother, Doris (Christine Lahti), when Catherine (Michelle Borth) informs them that she was captured and is about to be executed after attempting to free Wo Fat’s imprisoned father. Also, Chin loses his appeal to have Sara’s adoption delayed, and she must move to Mexico, on the 150th episode of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Sarah Carter returns for the milestone episode and Christine Lahti’s daughter, Emma Schlamme, guest stars as a young Doris McGarrett.

(“Ka makuahine a me ke keikikane” is Hawaiian for “Mother and Son”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans RT 2 send #Aloha 2 everyone @HawaiiFive0CBS on their 150th episode! #TeamLynn? #TeamMcRollins? #CBS 11/4 9pm CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 MUST FREE MCGARRETT’S MOTHER AFTER CATHERINE INFORMS THEM THAT DORIS WAS CAPTURED AND IS ABOUT TO BE EXECUTED, ON THE 150th EPISODE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 4

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:

Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Christine Lahti (Doris McGarrett)
Londyn Silzer (Sara Diaz)
Chosen Jacobs (Will Grover)
Sarah Carter (Lynn Downey)
George Cheung (Yao Fat)
Sean Blakemore (Supervisor Keith Harlan)
Emma Schlamme (Young Doris McGarrett)
Sebastian Siegel (Sgt. Holloway)
Nicolai Makana Perez (10-Year Old McGarrett)
Jacob Miller (15-Year Old McGarrett)
Stephen Fahl (Guard #3)
Ronald Stirrup (Guard #5)

WRITTEN BY: Eric Guggenheim and David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo/Sneak Peeks

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Lena
Old 11-05-2016, 03:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
Thanks for the thread Lena
What can I say - I want Steve to cook such dinner for me any time I really root for him and Lynn.
As for the story Lou trying to find Grace's boyfriend was hilarious as he is looking for his own son
Steve's story moved forward as well, it's good that finally Cat and Doris subplots are over. Doris was unlikeable as always and Cat was selfish as usual.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Passionate Fan

The episode was better than I expected. All scenes in Morocco I liked, epecially action scenes and Steve & Doris scenes. I liked also scenes of Steve and Catherine in episode. I am pleased that Steve get answers from Doris and Catherine. I was worried about this episode but it turned out that it was not so bad.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

OK - I loved the dinner - love a man who can cook and who goes out of his way to impress. Since Catherine is happy with her life, it's only fair that Steve finds his own happiness. Lynn clearly care about him.

I always like to see the backstories. Still think it's so sad that she left Steve when he was a child. It doesn't sound like her lifestyle will change anytime soon. Still I agree with Core 4 - the fight scenes in Morocco were great. Also a wonderful ohana moment with the team coming to help Steve.

Loved Grover's talks with his son. Poor Danny - worried about Grace but afraid to ask her if she's dating. I'd like to think he's worried for nothing but teenage girls do like their secrets.

I was so hoping that some last minute discovery would allow Sara to stay with Chin. Maybe this isn't the end of it and she'll be back with him again.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not a fan of this episode for me a milestone as the 150th episode needed all main characters and not that the focus would be on recurring characters as Doris and Catherine I know Peter have said it was because of scheduling conflict Danny needed to be in it they knew for months this episode was coming right!!

Wow Steve cooking a fabulous dinner I love when a man cooks and Alex has some great knife skills ....................... Steve and Lynn they act so uncomfortable when they are together
Lynn is not his type of woman Steve needs a badass girl who isn't afraid of anything. And seriously!! it looked if Sarah was wearing a wig

Did we get some closure I do't think so Doris is still Doris and will never be Mother of the year I am glad they are done with this storyline and I hope she never will come back.

Steve and Catherine: The look on Catherine face when Lynn told her Steve had a ring and was planning to propose to her was priceless I liked all their scene's especially the last one where Catherine told Steve she would have say YES!! somehow I think this isn't over yet. For me Catherine doesn't have to come back if she thinks her career is more important then to stay with the man you love then she can go she left Steve one time to much IMO!! So Ironic that Steve fell for a girl who turned out to be just like his mother!!

Poor Chin will he ever get a break I hope soon he will get Sara back.

Grover was hilarious finding out if Grace was dating a guy he and Danny will be sooooo surprized next episode!!!!!!!

Last edited by Immunity; 11-05-2016 at 07:55 AM
Old 11-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was an okay episode for me. I was surprised Danny wasn't there for a milestone episode. I agree Lena, they had to have know about 150 way before and it's sad he wasn't even in it. They had everyone else I love how the team came for Steve though.

Man, Steve can cook for me anytime!! I don't like Lynn for Steve at all. Like Lena said, it's a bit akward I don't like her hair at all! I don't think it's a wig because you can see her roots. I think that's just her new hairstyle. She does seem to care about him a lot but it's just not enough for me.

I hope the Doris SL is over. She's not that great of a mother.

I hope we can move on with Catherine as well. She chose her career and she said she is happy so that's that. Idk why they even had to bring up what she would say if he did ask. I just hope we don't see this revisited again because I would like Steve to move on already.

Poor Chin and Sarah I hope she comes back.

Can't wait for the Grace and "her boyfriend" next week
Old 11-06-2016, 03:55 AM
Passionate Fan

As regards Scott, we do not know the whole situation. We do not know when Scott told them that he could not then will be in Hawaii. Maybe he did it too late (maybe at the last moment something important came up for Scott). If yes it was hard to postpone shooting for another time, if everything was speaks in this case as guest stars, director, location filming, etc., it they could not change it. In season 5 they shoot first episode 5.03 because of Scott, but they knew about this a lot earlier. Of course, Scott should be in the episode. But Peter certainly did everything he could to Scott appear in 150th episode.

Last edited by Core 4; 11-06-2016 at 06:40 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:59 AM
New Fan

Hey evreyone,

I 'm from Germany and have ohne question. Steve did not break up with Lynn ?

We can't watch the full episode here.

Greedings from Germany
Isabella P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella P (View Post)
Hey evreyone,

Greedings from Germany
Hi Isabella! Welcome to Too bad that you can't watch the full episode. To answer your question, Steve did not break up with Lynn but you never know what will happen next. :spineyss:

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
Hi Isabella! Welcome to Too bad that you can't watch the full episode. To answer your question, Steve did not break up with Lynn but you never know what will happen next. :spineyss:

Hey Romantic In Denial,

thank you for your answer . And you are Right. In Hawaii everything can happen.
especially with Steve .

I wish you a nice weekend.

Greedings Isabell
Isabella P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella P (View Post)
Hey evreyone,

Greedings from Germany

Hi Isabella Welcome to

Sue already answer your question sofar Steve is still with Lynn.

If you want a link to watch the full episode ask me and I send it you through PM the link is without subtitles only English
Reply   Post New Thread