Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 6.11 “Kuleana” (One’s Personal Sense of Responsibility) January 8 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

]

6.11 “Kuleana”

“One’s Personal Sense of Responsibility”

WHILE McGARRETT AND DANNY ATTEND A COUPLES RETREAT TO WORK ON THEIR PARTNERSHIP ISSUES, KAMEKONA’S DANGEROUS PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT HIM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 8

“Kuleana” – While McGarrett and Danny attend a couples retreat in Maui to work on their partnership issues, Kamekona’s dangerous past comes back to haunt him, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*“Kuleana” is Hawaiian for "One’s Personal Sense of Responsibility")

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans! #McG & #Danno head 2 couples therapy in Maui! Ur gonna luv this! 1/8 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | WHILE McGARRETT AND DANNY ATTEND A COUPLES RETREAT TO WORK ON THEIR PARTNERSHIP ISSUES, KAMEKONA’S DANGEROUS PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT HIM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 8

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:

Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona Tupuola)
Christopher Sean (Gabriel Waincroft)
Sara Kova (Alissa Moss)
Maurice Compte (Levi Sosa)
Henry Lee (Antone “Remy” Remiel)
Jovan Armand (Young Kamekona)
Sisa Grey (Maya Tupuola)
Kinna McInroe (Loraine)
Richard Cole Drake (Young Flippa)
Kutmaster Spaz (Zeke)
Tizoc Fleishour (Young Levi)
Phil Collins Johnson (Brad)
Tia Swarbrick (Keren)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY: Sylvain White

Promo

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!!

Couples retreat!!!! OMG! This should be hilarious!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!

Ohh I think this is going to be a funny episode
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Hawaii finally returned. I've been waiting for this episode when I learned that will be focused on Kamekona. After watching, I note that another great episode this season. I've always wanted to see the episode, which will be focused on Kamekona, and we know his past. I've always wondered how he went to prison, and how he became a P.I. of Chin, now finally we know the answers to these questions. I loved the story of Kamekoną, in the present and also in flashbacks (good casting young Kamekona, reminded him). Taylor Wily did a great job, I love Kamekona is one of my favorite characters in the show. Plus for a nice twist with his brother. I loved also the scenes Chin-Kamekona in the episode.

In addition to the storyline of Kamekona, there's another storyline - Steve and Danny, who participated in therapy for couples, which they came by accident. A lot of funny and cool scenes appeared. There was also planegument between Steve and Danno. We had already been on the show, among others cargument, helicopter-gument, boatgument, now planegument. What will be next?

Last edited by Core 4; 01-09-2016 at 04:04 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the show was good, loved the McDanno stuff but Steve, he just got on my nerves tonight. He didn't even care he hurt Danny all he cared about was texting that girl didn't like her at all. Danny what a sweetie tonight. His speech was amazing and so very true. One time I liked Danny better than Steve. Steve Better be back to normal next week. Loved the ending thou, with them at the table. So sweet. Best moment of the show.
Gabriel going to see Adam, uh isn't Gabe wanted? I wonder what he wants
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Passionate Fan

It seems that Lynn is not his girlfriend. At least for now. Bu we know that she will appear in episode 6.14.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea after the ep that's for sure.
I felt awful for Danny he hurt his ankle all because Steve was selfish.
I love Steve, I do, he is my fav but tonight something just drove me nuts about him. Danny was sweet, Kono and Adam at the prison
Old 01-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Didn't thought I would but I loved the Kamekona storyline in this episode was nice to see how Chin and Kamekona have met in the past and how Kamekona and Chin got so close and that Chin sees Kamekona now as part of his Ohana.

The whole couple therapy SL was stupid IMO! how comes that a man like Steve who was Commander in the Navy booked the wrong session and it seems to me that Steve is not in a relationship with Lynn because he was flirting first and later had a date with Alissa. This episode the writing for Steve was bad and totally OOC he act like a clown!!!

Which I can't say for Danny he spook som true words to all the couples during the session. Danny was Danny in this ep. And I completly agree with everything he has said to Steve.

Okay!!! I thought that Gabriel was the MOST!! wanted man on Hawaii how in the world can he walk into a prison to talk with Adam are there no guards who regonized Gabriel and again Gabriel is able to put man around Kono house to scared Adam this storyline is getting old and the writers are gonna drag it to the very end UGH!!! I want it to be over ASAP!!!

I always loved this show from the beginning but this episode beside the Kamekona SL was bad the writers need to step up because the whole Adam/Grabriel gets annoying and I want to see the Steve from season 1 back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
I thought the show was good, loved the McDanno stuff but Steve, he just got on my nerves tonight. He didn't even care he hurt Danny all he cared about was texting that girl didn't like her at all. Danny what a sweetie tonight. His speech was amazing and so very true. One time I liked Danny better than Steve. Steve Better be back to normal next week. Loved the ending thou, with them at the table. So sweet. Best moment of the show.
Gabriel going to see Adam, uh isn't Gabe wanted? I wonder what he wants
I 100% agree with you Chrissy I hated Steve tonight!!!

Quote:
It seems that Lynn is not his girlfriend. At least for now. Bu we know that she will appear in episode 6.14.
My thoughts exactly!!! she is not wonder why she will show up in 614

Last edited by Immunity; 01-09-2016 at 09:03 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Okay!!! I thought that Gabriel was the MOST!! wanted man on Hawaii how in the world can he walk into a prison to talk with Adam are there no guards who regonized Gabriel
I think he has someone in Halawa who works for him, and why he entered.

Last edited by Core 4; 01-09-2016 at 04:34 AM
Old 01-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She will only be in the ep so he can get laid, like he wanted to all this ep, so disappointed in the ep. Was looking so forward to it
The way he made Danny hurt himself was just ugh, did he even say sorry for doing it to him. I wish Danny had locked him out of the room, that would have showed him. I loved Danny way more than Steve tonight.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

The Kamekona back story was great. I was surprised that his brother had been dealing drugs while on the mainland.

Steve was so OOC and as a result totally unlikeable. I didn't like the therapy SL at all.

Even if Gabriel has someone at Halawa working for him, what about the others? They must all be blind.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
She will only be in the ep so he can get laid, like he wanted to all this ep, so disappointed in the ep. Was looking so forward to it
The way he made Danny hurt himself was just ugh, did he even say sorry for doing it to him. I wish Danny had locked him out of the room, that would have showed him. I loved Danny way more than Steve tonight.
I hope NOT!! if that would be it so Steve can have sex than Lynn is not the right one for him ............That is mostly for me with H5O the episode you most look forward to turns out to be disappointed I fell for you Chrissy because I know you took the day off for this episode

Quote:
The Kamekona back story was great. I was surprised that his brother had been dealing drugs while on the mainland.

Steve was so OOC and as a result totally unlikeable. I didn't like the therapy SL at all.

Even if Gabriel has someone at Halawa working for him, what about the others? They must all be blind
Me too it was cute kid when he was little!

Same here I hated Steve in this episode not only what he did to Danny but also to Lynn.

I wonder what went through the writers head to let Gabriel visit Adam in prison every normal fan knows that it is impossible that a criminal can visit someone in prison but I have a feeling just like the Shellburne case they have no idea how to end this storyline which get very boring to me!!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Steve even has to have control issues over in the airplane as Danny says about the plane they are in.

Danny you have to feel bad for. As you have to give him credit for putting up with his control freak boss.

I have had a love-hate relationship with Steve as you all know.

Maybe that is why Catherine in a sense dumped Steve for.

Kameokona trying to stay clean and help out Five 0. And in return, is indeed Ohana. Glad that they finally have a backstory on him.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:36 AM
Moderator Manager

I have to admit that I liked Kamekona's SL way more than I was expecting... once again kudos to the writers on this part. It really managed to show in a non-forced way how much Kamekona's life has changed over the years and why. It was interesting seeing his internal conflict to betray his childhood friend, even knowing that he wasn't a good guy. to seeing more layers towards his character.
Loved seeing how he and Chin met each other and how Chin gave some words of wisdom and encouragement to him. No wonder he is so loyal to 5-0 now.
I did think that having his brother be siding with Levi was a tad cheesy.

How the hell does Gabriel just waltz into a Federal Prison like that?!?!? They all have stated more than once that he is the most wanted person in the Island, that the only way he could just do that was if he had the whole Halawa in his pocket Also, enough with him and Adam SL... BORING

Now the worst part of the episode goes to Steve and Danny and that couple's retreat... it could've been funny, but instead it was bad written all over, starting with making Steve OOC, I mean what was that?!? Booking the wrong therapy thing was pathetic... than acting like a teenager and faking a dive just to get his phone?!
I did like Danny's input on the therapy about how talking about the bad all the time makes them forget all the good. And also him having doubts about his commitment to Rachel back in the day. We all know that he does everything for his family, but it's only human to question if all he did was enough.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I have to admit that I liked Kamekona's SL way more than I was expecting... once again kudos to the writers on this part. It really managed to show in a non-forced way how much Kamekona's life has changed over the years and why. It was interesting seeing his internal conflict to betray his childhood friend, even knowing that he wasn't a good guy. to seeing more layers towards his character.
Loved seeing how he and Chin met each other and how Chin gave some words of wisdom and encouragement to him. No wonder he is so loyal to 5-0 now.
I did think that having his brother be siding with Levi was a tad cheesy.

How the hell does Gabriel just waltz into a Federal Prison like that?!?!? They all have stated more than once that he is the most wanted person in the Island, that the only way he could just do that was if he had the whole Halawa in his pocket Also, enough with him and Adam SL... BORING

Now the worst part of the episode goes to Steve and Danny and that couple's retreat... it could've been funny, but instead it was bad written all over, starting with making Steve OOC, I mean what was that?!? Booking the wrong therapy thing was pathetic... than acting like a teenager and faking a dive just to get his phone?!
I did like Danny's input on the therapy about how talking about the bad all the time makes them forget all the good. And also him having doubts about his commitment to Rachel back in the day. We all know that he does everything for his family, but it's only human to question if all he did was enough.
Exactly my thoughts loved the Kamekona's SL and also I wonder how it was possible what Gabriel did do the writers think we are that stupid!!

I hated Steve in this episode he was totally OOC he was flirting and did go out with Alissa while he is with Lynn at least that is what the writers wants us to believe in episode 6.14!!
Reply   Post New Thread