Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.13 “La Po'ino” (Doomsday) ~ January 30 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

5.13 “La Po'ino”

“Doomsday”

FIVE-0 MUST FIND A KIDNAPPED PATIENT INFECTED WITH A CONTAGIOUS AND LETHAL STRAIN OF BIRD FLU WHICH THE CULPRITS INTEND TO WEAPONIZE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 30

Terry O'Quinn Returns as Joe White

“L? P??ino” – Five-0 must find a kidnapped patient infected with a contagious and lethal strain of bird flu which the culprits intend to weaponize, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Terry O'Quinn returns as Joe White.

(*L? P??ino is Hawaiian for “Doomsday”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, PLEASE cover ur mouth when u cough! A deadly virus is on the loose on the Island! 1/30 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 MUST FIND A KIDNAPPED PATIENT INFECTED WITH A CONTAGIOUS AND LETHAL STRAIN OF BIRD FLU WHICH THE CULPRITS INTEND TO WEAPONIZE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 30

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Terry O'Quinn (Joe White)

GUEST CAST:

Clare Nono (Dr. Nalani Dyer)
Elaine Kao (Dr. Jill Loi)
Jana Park Moore (Lilian Rennick)
Anna Belknap (Amy Lange)
Hayden Harrington Brown (Kara Lange)
Ian Bamberg (Beckham Lange)
Cole Horibe (Mr. Denis Kula)
Mikal Vega (Michael Carson)
Jacek Latko (Merc #2)

STORY BY: Peter M. Lenkov
TELEPLAY BY: Sarah Byrd
DIRECTED BY: Maja Vrvilo

Promo

Last edited by Immunity; 01-29-2015 at 11:41 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Si
Old 01-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

I watched the episode. It was very good.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was okay, a bit to much of Joe for my taste you always know when Joe is in a episode it will be a action packed one!!!

How Steve and Joe survived the wrecking ball was a miracle they only needed some stitches but that not one of them bad guys killed them while they were trapped in Steve car was a bit over the top but then again if they would be killed the show would be over right!!

Joe still acting like a jerk and keeps secrets from Steve and Steve is right to not trust him, Joe is still in contact with Doris and he knew where Doris was hiding if he wanted that Steve trusted him again he would have told him before he came back to the island. I am sick of him telling Steve he is as a son to him Steve doesn't need him to be a father figure! His own father made Steve to the man he is now.

The rest of the main cast were secondary after Steve and Joe but it was nice to see Danny and Kono pairing up again and that Kono really was worried when she saw Steve's car!

Last edited by Immunity; 01-31-2015 at 12:52 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Steve sometimes sees things in black and white. While Joe has to see the bigger picture. As Doris is alive IMHO. I love Joe don't get me wrong. But he is seeing the bigger picture of national security and millions of lives on the line.

As that could cause a national security nightmare. I don't think Joe was acting like a jerk at all. But more like looking at the greater good.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought the story was a pretty good one.

Random Thoughts:

Well well well Joe is up to his old tricks again; holding information back from Steve. Even though I have had my fill of Doris and all the secrecy, I have to admit I want to know what she is up to. It is all too bad; I still kind of like Joe.

I am also surprised that Joe and Steve survived the wrecking ball hit. Kono's concern was heartwarming.

Joe: "I missed you Max"

I really thought Joe was a goner when the truck(?) went into the water. I thought "great, I guess Steve won't get his answers".

It was kind of scary to see how far the virus could have gotten.

I liked to see Danny and Kono work together. Not enough Chin though.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
Well well well Joe is up to his old tricks again; holding information back from Steve. Even though I have had my fill of Doris and all the secrecy, I have to admit I want to know what she is up to. It is all too bad; I still kind of like Joe.

I really thought Joe was a goner when the truck(?) went into the water. I thought "great, I guess Steve won't get his answers".

I liked to see Danny and Kono work together. Not enough Chin though.
Yep the old Joe is back All I want is that the SL with Doris is over if they will drag this out longer they will write themself in a corner again an then what (((we will find out that Joe is Steve real father ))) because what else could they write???

I knew Joe would survive because I read all the spoilers I knew Joe was back in Hawaii for filming 5.18

More mixing up the teams I love Danny and Kono together ...I agree not enough Chin
Old 02-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Yep the old Joe is back All I want is that the SL with Doris is over if they will drag this out longer they will write themself in a corner again an then what (((we will find out that Joe is Steve real father ))) because what else could they write???
IMO, they have already written themselves into a corner; they seem to repeat the same pattern over and over and over........
If PL goes down that route (Joe being Steve's real Dad) that would be the cheesiest reveal ever.........PL and the writers couldn't be that stupid could they?!!!

Quote:
I knew Joe would survive because I read all the spoilers I knew Joe was back in Hawaii for filming 5.18
Could they have an eppie with him that DOESN"T include Stupid Doris?
Is Christine Lahti going to return? (As much as I like her, the only acceptable reason to bring her back is to kill of Doris. Is that mean?!)

Quote:
More mixing up the teams I love Danny and Kono together ...I agree not enough Chin
Alot of Chin isn't enough
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
IMO, they have already written themselves into a corner; they seem to repeat the same pattern over and over and over........
If PL goes down that route (Joe being Steve's real Dad) that would be the cheesiest reveal ever.........PL and the writers couldn't be that stupid could they?!!!

Could they have an eppie with him that DOESN"T include Stupid Doris?
Is Christine Lahti going to return? (As much as I like her, the only acceptable reason to bring her back is to kill of Doris. Is that mean?!)

Alot of Chin isn't enough
I agree You never know with Peter and Co! and if they will go that route it will be the dead of the show IMO!!

Yes that will be 5.18 Joe will be on Hawaii for other reasons it will have nothing to do with Doris don't want to spoil you further ...................There is still no sign that Christine Lathi will return to Hawaii.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Okay... this was an okay episode....
For such a catastrophic scenario, the team did figure everything out way too quickly, and that's what annoys me, they create these gigantic cases and make the villains idiots that can't cover their tracks

Joe really doesn't inspire trust.... and I'm glad that Steve doesn't trust him blindly... but I'm really tired and over their SL regarding Doris, secrets and whatever... I really thought they would bury that SL with the 100th episode.

Not enough of the team... I did love seeing Kono and Danny working together. And JOe saying that he missed Max was adorable
Old 02-09-2015, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Okay... this was an okay episode....
For such a catastrophic scenario, the team did figure everything out way too quickly, and that's what annoys me, they create these gigantic cases and make the villains idiots that can't cover their tracks

Joe really doesn't inspire trust.... and I'm glad that Steve doesn't trust him blindly... but I'm really tired and over their SL regarding Doris, secrets and whatever... I really thought they would bury that SL with the 100th episode.

Not enough of the team... I did love seeing Kono and Danny working together. And JOe saying that he missed Max was adorable
I totally agree with all you have said

Whenever Joe is back you notice people are fed up with him and the Doris SL 3 weeks in a row 1.5 ratings and after this episode a dip to 1.3 maybe I am wrong but my guts say something this stupid SL has to do with people turning the show off for the next week.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Moderator Manager

We're in sync

Yeah, that's because both Doris and Joe SL has become way too boring.... I like Joe, so I hope they find him a new SL and put this one to rest for good
Old 03-06-2015, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
We're in sync

Yeah, that's because both Doris and Joe SL has become way too boring.... I like Joe, so I hope they find him a new SL and put this one to rest for good
Maybe they will kill Joe off in tonight episode
Old 03-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Is it too wrong that I sort of wouldn't mind if he died???!
Reply   Post New Thread