Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.12 “Poina ‘Ole ” (Not Forgotten) ~ January 16 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

5.12 “Poina ‘Ole ”

“Not Forgotten”

When a neurosurgeon is assassinated just before performing surgery, Five-0 uncovers the SHOCKING truth behind the disappearance of four reform school boys 40 years AGO, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 16

Daniel Baldwin Returns as Paul Delano

“Poina ‘Ole” – When a neurosurgeon is assassinated just before performing surgery, Five-0 uncovers the shocking truth behind the disappearance of four reform school boys 40 years ago. Also, McGarrett's Mercury Marquis is stolen by an unlikely culprit, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*Poina ‘Ole is Hawaiian for “Not Forgotten”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, SOMEONE TOOK #McG'S #MERCURYMARQUIS! + guest star @DanielBaldwin returns! 1/16 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | WHEN A NEUROSURGEON IS ASSASSINATED JUST BEFORE PERFORMING SURGERY, FIVE-0 UNCOVERS THE SHOCKING TRUTH BEHIND THE DISAPPEARANCE OF FOUR REFORM SCHOOL BOYS 40 YEARS AGO, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 16

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wiley (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Paige Hurd (Samantha Grover)
Daniel Baldwin (Paul Delano)
Shawn Thomsen (Officer Pua Kai)

GUEST CAST:

Sarah Jane Morris (Dr. Christine DuPont)
Brian Letscher (Mark DuPont)
Wings Hauser (Walter Russell)
Gregory Itzin (Aelx Mackey/Huhu)
Esmond Chung (Dr. Chad 'Ewalu)
Rodney Oshiro (Mana Tahni)
Kekoa Kekumano (Nahele Huikala)
Axel Rollins (Grandson)

WRITTEN BY: John Dove
DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum
Old 01-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Si
Old 01-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

You had to feel for those boys. As they had their lives turned upside down. Only to be found in a dead grave.

That seemingly sweet grandfather was a monster in disguise and wanted to keep that woman and others like her to not spell his secrets. You can't trust people that look so nice but really may not be.

Meanwhile I know I am not the biggest Steve fan. But really am glad he has kind of redeemed himself in the past few episodes from the Christmas show.

Glad that he gave that young kid upon learning of his dire situation that stole his car. A second chance and trying to make sure that the young kid cleans up his act or else.

Danny is usually the butt of Steve's overbearing and controlling ways. But at least for this episode, it was the opposite way around. Making fun of his car. Sorry Steve the car may be your dad's but it is indeed a piece of junk.

Chin is right, they both need to seek more therapy in the NOT too distant future.

Love Grover and keep loving him. Despite the fact I am probably the only one that does. He has that bond with his daughter like Danny does with Grace.

Really Steve should had sent Grace to his house and not let her stand in the way. As really she could had been an easy target for kidnapping just to chase his car.

Otherwise a great episode.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode so much going on in 45 min!! It was so nice to see an episode where the writer seems to have followed the show from season 1

Great COTW this episode was filled with things people were trying to forget. 4 innocent young boys got killed 30 years ago by guard Mackey (Huhū ) because they wanted to escape for the abuse of their reform school they died a horrible dead and put in a grave. ............Sadly this a true story it really happend in 1946 in Hawaii

It was really great to see more Max. He helped put the pieces together and link Dr. DuPont dead with the dead of Mana Tahni which eventually led the team to the story of the four escapees who were never seen again.

Lou and Samantha I feel for them both Samantha still dealing with her being kidnapped and watching how Wo-Fat killed Ian and Lou seeing how hurts his little girl is. The scene between Lou and Chin was very touching. Chi McBride knocked that scene out of the park

Is there anyone who doesn’t love some Gracie and Uncle Steve time??.....I for one LOVES IT!! was awesome that Uncle Steve wanted to help Gracie but he never should Grace left alone to run after his car BIG mistake Uncle Steve I know Gracie is not a 8 year old anymore but still you know how Danny is overprotecting about Gracie so no wonder that Danny was pissed at Steve.

Hated!! Delano and especially what he said to Chin I was hoping he would die during surgery but he didn't and I certainly expect him to return again so Chin can deal with him!!

Was great to see Duke and Pua helping Steve finding the thief who stole his car. The expressions on their faces as Steve first saw what the thief did to his car were priceless.

Really loved Steve's attitude towards Nahale who stole his car- When Steve walked into his office he was ready to send him to jail but one look at the scary kid and he changed his mind he just solved a case where 4 young boys like Nahale got killed or maybe because somehow Nahale reminds him of himself when he lost his mom and felt alone in this world.
Hoping to see more of this soft side of Steve McGarrett in the future.

We had some great McDanno moments and even a cargument which I all loved!! and how great was the ending of this episode. OHANA is back!!

Next week no new episode guys!!!!....The next on is January 30th.

Last edited by Immunity; 01-18-2015 at 05:21 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Terrific episode!
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG!!! To me this was the best episode of the season so far....
Have to saw that overall the COTW wasn't the most original borderline cliche, but the way it was executed and showing the victims in a way that made us really feel for them (the kids ), even the killer Tahni in his death bed was intense. Brought tears to my eyes.
I liked the twists that made it all look like the murder of the doctor was related to Delano (BTW I'm glad it wasn't and he was such a jerk to Chin, but at the same time I liked that scene because of continuity). Then I was expecting Huhu to not be really evil based on the way he was with his grandson, so I was expecting some other explanation until the bodies were found

Another kudos to Steve for giving Nahele a second chance. I liked that he didn't just forgive the kid for stealing/chopping off his car after hearing the kid's sad story. He still filed the report so the kid actually knew he had to choose but it's not a carte blanch for him to just get of jail. And for Kamekona to give him a job... I think that's the best way to really recover kids before they enter the world of crime... give them a chance where they can be responsible for their acts, but also an opportunity to change their lives.

BTW, Steve was so wrong in leaving Grace alone in the streets! Danny had a point, kidnappings and bad things don't only happen in bad neighborhoods and she is still a kid and was under Steve's care.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
OMG!!! To me this was the best episode of the season so far....
Have to saw that overall the COTW wasn't the most original borderline cliche, but the way it was executed and showing the victims in a way that made us really feel for them (the kids ), even the killer Tahni in his death bed was intense. Brought tears to my eyes.
I liked the twists that made it all look like the murder of the doctor was related to Delano (BTW I'm glad it wasn't and he was such a jerk to Chin, but at the same time I liked that scene because of continuity). Then I was expecting Huhu to not be really evil based on the way he was with his grandson, so I was expecting some other explanation until the bodies were found

Another kudos to Steve for giving Nahele a second chance. I liked that he didn't just forgive the kid for stealing/chopping off his car after hearing the kid's sad story. He still filed the report so the kid actually knew he had to choose but it's not a carte blanch for him to just get of jail. And for Kamekona to give him a job... I think that's the best way to really recover kids before they enter the world of crime... give them a chance where they can be responsible for their acts, but also an opportunity to change their lives.

BTW, Steve was so wrong in leaving Grace alone in the streets! Danny had a point, kidnappings and bad things don't only happen in bad neighborhoods and she is still a kid and was under Steve's care.
It sure is one of my favorite episode to from start to finish this episode got me hooked it brought me to tears thinking what a horrible dead those kids had even more tears when I found it really happend on Hawaii many years ago

everything was right in this epp. hope John Dove will write more like this one
Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Moderator Manager

^ It was such a horrible thing that those kids had to go through Ohhh so it's based on real facts?!!? That makes it even sadder

Ohh I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.. I like his style
Reply   Post New Thread