Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 4.14 “N? hala a ka makua” ~ January 31 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

4.14 “N? hala a ka makua”

“Sins of the Father”

McGARRETT AND DANNY ARE KIDNAPPED BY AN ESCAPED CONVICT WHO WANTS FIVE-0 TO PROVE HIS INNOCENCE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 31
“*N? hala a ka makua” – McGarrett and Danny are kidnapped by an escaped convict who wants Five-0 to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, Danny must deal with Grace after she punches someone at school, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(*N? hala a ka makua is Hawaiian for “Sins of the Father”)

CHEAT TWEET: McG & Danno get kidnapped & r forced 2 prove an escaped convict’s innocence! No one messes w/ this #bromance! 1/31 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | McGARRETT AND DANNY ARE KIDNAPPED BY AN ESCAPED CONVICT WHO WANTS FIVE-0 TO PROVE HIS INNOCENCE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 31

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)

Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)

Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)

Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)

Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)

Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)

Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)

GUEST CAST:

Michael Madsen (Roy Parrish)

Keiko Elizabeth (Principal Ann Fiske)

Matthew Glave (Lead FBI Agent Kohl/Julian Lynch)

Lyndon Smith (Lauren Parrish)

Geoff Heise (Judge)

Alan Y. Okamoto (Defense Attorney)

Jackie Tufa-Marques (School Secretary)

Chris Gritti (Impala Driver)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove

DIRECTED BY: Peter Weller
Old 01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Si

TBH!! don't look forward to this episode I am not a fan of the McDanno centrics episodes!!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Excellent episode I finally got to see it. Story was again simple but well written and Michale Madsen did a good job as good "bad guy" wanting to clear his name and make up to his daughter for lost time. We finally had the whole team together and Catherine and Lou were back as well. Also cpt Grover had the best line in the episode when he says to Steve "why is it everywhere you go people are shooting at you?" Yes what can I say, Steve is definitely attracting danger like a magnet. There was a nice subplot with grace standing up for her friend and punching the bullying boy. I remember when I was protecting my brother (he is sick) and I had a fight with a mean boy as well Also it was nice to Steve actually PAY FOR DRINKS this time
All around very enjoyable episode like good old season 1.

Last edited by ateofi; 02-02-2014 at 03:44 AM
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Extreme Fan

This was a extremely good eppie. Thought the acting (especially Michael Madsen) was top notch.

Random Thoughts:

While her methods weren't probably the the best, I admire Gracie for sticking up for her friend against the bully.

Thought the headmistress was kind of snotty.

Matthew Glave always seems to play a jerk or bad guy but he is good at it. Maybe I was brain dead while watching, but didn't really suspect him as Julian Lynch.

As stated before, I thought Michael Madsen was awesome. He played, as ateofi stated, a good "bad guy" to perfection.

Glad to see that Parrish's daughter got to find out he was innocent and telling the truth at the end and made her peace with him.

Every time I see Lou Grover, I like him more and more. He seems to have the best lines and again, I like the way he challenges Steve.

Glad to see Danny back and he and Steve working (and being kidnapped ) together.

Kono is back in action!! I hope they don't get in the habit of having her in HQ on the computer while Catherine is in the field all the time.

I know Catherine was glad Steve was okay, but I wasn't crazy about her hugging him under the circumstances and considering who else was around. Thought it should have been left for a more private moment. Outside of that, didn't mind Catherine.

Loved the Ohana moment at the end and again glad they are including Grover (too bad Max wasn't there). And..gasp..is that money in Steve's wallet and IS HE ACTUALLY BUYING?!!!

Quote:
All around very enjoyable episode like good old season 1.
I agree ateofi; this season has been as close to s1 than any of the other seasons. IMO, it could be because, outside of Kono's situation, the team seems to be concentrating more on cases and ones solved in one or two eppies than the personal drama and those endless SLs (namely Doris and Shelbourne).
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really a suspenseful episode.

Hate it that the headmistress did not take the side of Grace. As Grace was standing up for a friend.

She has that streak from Danny IMHO!

Michael Madsen is underrated but a great actor. He was not as bad as you thought he would be in the crimes he committed.

Steve paying Danny a drink in the end, at least he needs to pay up. And not let Danny do it all the time.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have spoken so soon... I HATED this episode

The whole plot was as cliche as it gets... and sorry the guy was framed and all, but I just couldn't care less about him.
Also, Steve and Danny as hostage of one guy? I understand they not fighting back since he had a gun pointed to either one or the other, but what kind of an idiot kidnaps 2 police officers, and let one or the other wander around freely like he did with Danny when sent him to talk to the construction guy?! Or why didn't Steve used his ninja moves to take him down while he was alone in the car with him?!?!

Very little Kono in the episode But then again, very little everybody apart from Steve and Danny.

I liked the Ohana moment we got in the end.... very cute
Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have spoken so soon... I HATED this episode

The whole plot was as cliche as it gets... and sorry the guy was framed and all, but I just couldn't care less about him.
Also, Steve and Danny as hostage of one guy? I understand they not fighting back since he had a gun pointed to either one or the other, but what kind of an idiot kidnaps 2 police officers, and let one or the other wander around freely like he did with Danny when sent him to talk to the construction guy?! Or why didn't Steve used his ninja moves to take him down while he was alone in the car with him?!?!

Very little Kono in the episode But then again, very little everybody apart from Steve and Danny.

I liked the Ohana moment we got in the end.... very cute
I have to say it was one of my favourite episodes of season 4. It's true that the story was cliche but it was really well played by Alex, Scott and Michael Madsen. Their interations in the car were tense at first but later both H50 guys decided to help when it turned out Parish had been framed. Also the bickering in the car between Steve and Danno came off very natural. We also Chin and Kono working together, the twist with fake FBI guys and awesome entry from SWAT's Lou Grover after intense shootout. And the final scene was super cute with Steve finally paying for the drinks Gracie standing up to protefct her friend at school was cute too. For me it was really great episode
Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Moderator Manager

^ yeah... I didn't feel for this episode... it certainly wasn't my least favorite, but it didn't catch my attention for long.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
^ yeah... I didn't feel for this episode... it certainly wasn't my least favorite, but it didn't catch my attention for long.
And which is your favourite episode of season 4? For me it was definitely 4 x 10.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Moderator Manager

^ ohh same here!! 4.10 blew my mind!! Definitely the best episode of the show!!!

I also really liked 4.11, the one with the serial killer thing, and 4.06 the Halloween one.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
^ ohh same here!! 4.10 blew my mind!! Definitely the best episode of the show!!!

I also really liked 4.11, the one with the serial killer thing, and 4.06 the Halloween one.
I liked those too. 4 x 11 was also a bit cliched but again well written and we had awesome fight from Chin. The Halloween episode was better than last years ones
Old 05-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Moderator Manager

To me those three episodes were the best of the season so far....
I'm currently watching episode 4.17, so I don't know how the rest of the season went
Reply   Post New Thread