Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 3.10 “Huaka’I Kula” ~ December 10 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

3.10 “Huaka’I Kula”

“Field Trip”

AN ALOHA GIRLS CAMPING TRIP TURNS DEADLY WHEN AN ARMED MAN TAKES McGARRETT AND A LITTLE GIRL HOSTAGE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, DEC. 10

Tom Arnold Guest Stars as the Armed Man

CHEAT TWEET: Even camping with #H50 is dangerous! Who wants 2 share a tent with McG? 12/10 10PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | AN ALOHA GIRLS CAMPING TRIP TURNS DEADLY WHEN AN ARMED MAN TAKES McGARRETT AND A LITTLE GIRL HOSTAGE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, DEC. 10

“Huaka’I Kula*” – An Aloha Girls camping trip with Grace turns deadly when an armed man takes McGarrett and a little girl hostage. Meanwhile, Adam introduces Kono to his dangerous brother who was recently released from prison, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Dec. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Tom Arnold guest stars as an armed man.

(*Huaka’I Kula is Hawaiian for “Field Trip”)

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)

GUEST CAST:
Lesley Boone (Madeline)
Emily Alyn Lind (Lucy)
Tom Arnold (Ron Alberts)
Daniel Henney (Michael Noshimuri)
Taylor Mras (Caitlyn)
Analei Tsong (Riley)
Tom Schanley (Wilson Hines)
Jeremy Gilbert (Hiker)
Billy V. (Conservation Officer)

WRITTEN BY: Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters
DIRECTED BY: Eric Laneuville
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

best episode of the season HANDS DOWN... it might be the best episode since season 1.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode will not make it to my top 10 list it was ok for me.

My thoughts about it.

Come on show Steve is a SUPERSEAL there were easily 3 or 4 opportunities where Lucy was well out of Ron's reach, when Steve should have been able to safely take Ron down. I want the old Steve BACK!!

Really liked the little girl playing Lucy her scene with Steve were cute and she want to marry him when she is grown up awwww your not the only one Lucy. but I was waiting for the moment Steve came back for her like he promised. and I loved the Aloha Girls leader she had great chemistry with Danny.

Big fan of Danny and Gracie they always are adorable! Didn't know Danny finally found a decent house was great to see it but I was hoping uncle Steve would joined them that last scene.

Kono is being naive I get she trust Adam and that he is willing to change but to assume Micheal will do the same is silly. Why leaving your gun on a nightstand when you just met the guy. Wonder who he shoot or killed to frame Kono but I guess we have to wait till the finale to find out.

The writers had a hard time to write Chin in this one we hardly saw him.

I really miss Catherine!! Thank God she will be back next week!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Moderator Manager

LOL our thoughts are similar, Lena! Here's my review:

The episode had its moments but I can honestly say that I was expecting more of it.

The beginning was great with Steve being all excited about teaching the girls how to hunt a pig and thinking it was appropriate for young kids to be handling/throwing knives LOL. Danny and and the leader of the Aloha Girls were awesome being flabbergasted by it. Speaking of which, I LOVED the Aloha Girls' leader! She was witty without being too forced and had great lines. My favorite scene was when she told Danny that Gracie was on the group because of him.

I love pretty much all scenes with the Aloha Girls, especially Gracie being the one to crawl out of the hole and release everybody from the suply shed. The only thing that bugged me a little was that kid putting the broken cellphones together and making it work in the middle of the jungle (without tools), it was very MacGyver of her.

Lucy was cute, and kuddos to the young actress (I've saw her on Criminal Minds and more often on Revenge) and she rocks expressing emotions. She was smart without sounding off for her age, and at the same time she also portrayed fear and insecurities that are expecter for someone in that situation.

I've said this before, but there is no way that I buy Tom Arnold as the heartless bad guy... it just felt like bad casting to me. Also, Steve has been Super-Seal in a lot of episode, with far more dangerous, armed men before, and in this episode he just was dragged along the woods for a long time without putting up a fight and disarming a wounded (apparently with no fighting skills) men?! Way OOC! I mean, there were lots of times when Lucy wasn't that close and could easily run and hide if Steve fought the guy...

Now, I ship Kono/Adam and I loved their scenes in the beginning at the airport, and meeting Michael. But Kono is being way too naive about the whole situation, because she is an officer of the law, even though Adam is trying to legitimize the family business he's still part of the Yakuza, for them to be in public together has got to affect her carreer. Chin said that the photographer was from the FBI, so they probably think that Kono is dirty or at the very least has ties to Yakuza.
About Michael, I LOVE Daniel Henney, so I was really looking forward to see him. He and Ian actually look like brothers (hot brothers) LOL. At first I was a little disappointed with his participation because it hadn't added any thing, but when that final scene came up I was speechless. It kind of gives the prospective of a very interesting storyline (even a mini Kono arc) for future episodes and potential for some hard times in her relationship with Adam. I only hope that TPTB don't screw up and give us a Season 2 reprise.

And Chin was left in the background again, my hopes are that this lack of screentime now will be compensated when we get the Chin-arc that was promised to us.

No Cath this week again But based on the way the plot went, I think it was a smart call, since I don't see how her presence would be justified in the episode. At least next week she'll be back (and we'll get a cute Steve/Cath scene)

Well, apart from Danny saving Steve (which I LOVED it) and cute Grace/Danny scenes, I really didn't like the case all that much... The episode was ok, but it was a weak one.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
LOL our thoughts are similar, Lena! Here's my review:

The episode had its moments but I can honestly say that I was expecting more of it.
Two minds think alike Si

Quote:
I LOVED the Aloha Girls' leader! She was witty without being too forced and had great lines. My favorite scene was when she told Danny that Gracie was on the group because of him.

I love pretty much all scenes with the Aloha Girls, especially Gracie being the one to crawl out of the hole and release everybody from the suply shed. The only thing that bugged me a little was that kid putting the broken cellphones together and making it work in the middle of the jungle (without tools), it was very MacGyver of her.

The Aloha girls leader was played by Lesley Boone who is married with Larry Teng he directed many episodes of Hawaii Five-O

I agree how in the world can a 10 year old fix some broken cellphones in the middle of the jungle. It was also a bit weird for me that none of them started crying and ask for their parents they act of nothing happend while they saw how Danny got shot

Quote:
Lucy was cute, and kuddos to the young actress (I've saw her on Criminal Minds and more often on Revenge) and she rocks expressing emotions. She was smart without sounding off for her age, and at the same time she also portrayed fear and insecurities that are expecter for someone in that situation.
For a moment I was scared that it would be Gracie who got hostage that would be to much afterall we have seen that already! Emily Alyn Lind (Lucy) did a amzing job

Quote:
I've said this before, but there is no way that I buy Tom Arnold as the heartless bad guy... it just felt like bad casting to me. Also, Steve has been Super-Seal in a lot of episode, with far more dangerous, armed men before, and in this episode he just was dragged along the woods for a long time without putting up a fight and disarming a wounded (apparently with no fighting skills) men?! Way OOC! I mean, there were lots of times when Lucy wasn't that close and could easily run and hide if Steve fought the guy....
Last week he lost a rooftop chase to and was taken captive by a guy with terminal cancer and this week a wounded guy with a bad leg where the hell is SuperSeal Steve the guy who jump out of planes, using grenades, survived a horrific torture and was the one who capture Wo-Fat I so want to see my old Steve again.

Quote:
Now, I ship Kono/Adam and I loved their scenes in the beginning at the airport, and meeting Michael. But Kono is being way too naive about the whole situation, because she is an officer of the law, even though Adam is trying to legitimize the family business he's still part of the Yakuza, for them to be in public together has got to affect her carreer. Chin said that the photographer was from the FBI, so they probably think that Kono is dirty or at the very least has ties to Yakuza.
About Michael, I LOVE Daniel Henney, so I was really looking forward to see him. He and Ian actually look like brothers (hot brothers) LOL. At first I was a little disappointed with his participation because it hadn't added any thing, but when that final scene came up I was speechless. It kind of gives the prospective of a very interesting storyline (even a mini Kono arc) for future episodes and potential for some hard times in her relationship with Adam. I only hope that TPTB don't screw up and give us a Season 2 reprise..
Michael using Kono gun for a crime and it going to blow-back on her. Not sure where this is heading, but I suspect something bad will happen, Michael is bad news he is for sure not on board with his brother plans. Michael will be the new head of the Yakuza I guess. They better not kill Adam off in the season finale!!

Was great to see Daniel Henney again and he and Ian really could be brothers

Quote:
No Cath this week again But based on the way the plot went, I think it was a smart call, since I don't see how her presence would be justified in the episode. At least next week she'll be back (and we'll get a cute Steve/Cath scene)
Sooooooooooooooo!!! Looking forward to this episode Christmas in Hawaii I am in for some romantic stuff
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

This eppie was pretty good, but I thought the case was kind of weak and I wanted them to spend more time on Kono, Adam and Micheal.

Random Thoughts:

I loved every scene with the Aloha Girls too.

Steve, Steve Steve KILLING AND GUTTING A PIG?!!! These are little girls not SEAL trainees. Obviously you need more time with children. Although I have to admit, if any group of kids could handle it, it would be these Danny and the group leader's response was priceless!

Speaking of the group leader, I was pretty impressed by her. She was calm cool and collected instead of freaking out and waiting for someone to save her and the girls.

"Obviously she hasn't seen your spider dance"

I loved the girls assisting in the escape.

It was refreshing to see Steve the one needing to be rescued instead of doing the rescuing.

I kind of looked at "Play-it-Safe" Steve as not wanting to do anything that would have gotten Lucy hurt of killed.

I love Tom Arnold and thought he did okay but I agree he was miscast.

I loved Grace telling Danny he could do anything.

I really think Kono wants to believe Adam is going legit. I believe he is and Michael is going to put a crimp in this. I can see him stirring up the Yakuza against Adam and trying to get rid of Kono. It will be interesting to see what direction this takes. Despite all of this Kono and Adam are hot together and probably my favorite couple on the show.

Not enough of Chin.

No Catherine (but also NO MAX) but her presence wouldn't have made sense in this eppie. IMO, tptb are still using her well. Sounds as if she will have plenty of scenes next week.

Really looking forward to next week and George Takei!!!
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

This eppie was pretty good, but I thought the case was kind of weak and I wanted them to spend more time on Kono, Adam and Micheal.

Random Thoughts:

I loved every scene with the Aloha Girls too.

Steve, Steve Steve KILLING AND GUTTING A PIG?!!! These are little girls not SEAL trainees. Obviously you need more time with children. Although I have to admit, if any group of kids could handle it, it would be these Danny and the group leader's response was priceless!

Speaking of the group leader, I was pretty impressed by her. She was calm cool and collected instead of freaking out and waiting for someone to save her and the girls.

"Obviously she hasn't seen your spider dance"

I loved the girls assisting in the escape.

It was refreshing to see Steve the one needing to be rescued instead of doing the rescuing.

I kind of looked at "Play-it-Safe" Steve as not wanting to do anything that would have gotten Lucy hurt of killed.

I love Tom Arnold and thought he did okay but I agree he was miscast.

I loved Grace telling Danny he could do anything.

I really think Kono wants to believe Adam is going legit. I believe he is and Michael is going to put a crimp in this. I can see him stirring up the Yakuza against Adam and trying to get rid of Kono. It will be interesting to see what direction this takes. Despite all of this Kono and Adam are hot together and probably my favorite couple on the show.

Quote:
They better not kill Adam off in the season finale
If they kill Adam off, I will be pretty angry

Not enough of Chin.

No Catherine (but also NO MAX) but her presence wouldn't have made sense in this eppie. IMO, tptb are still using her well. Sounds as if she will have plenty of scenes next week.

Really looking forward to next week and George Takei!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Two minds think alike Si
The Aloha girls leader was played by Lesley Boone who is married with Larry Teng he directed many episodes of Hawaii Five-O
Yeah. I had completely forgotten that she was guest starring this season, and then a friend reminded me at Tumblr. I have to say that I LOVED her acting and the character was very well written IMO

Quote:
I agree how in the world can a 10 year old fix some broken cellphones in the middle of the jungle. It was also a bit weird for me that none of them started crying and ask for their parents they act of nothing happend while they saw how Danny got shot
For a moment I was scared that it would be Gracie who got hostage that would be to much afterall we have seen that already! Emily Alyn Lind (Lucy) did a amzing job
That was one flaw from the writers.... kids should behave like kids. Even adults seeing a person getting shot freak out, so making all the kids brave and fearless was off. And that cellphone thing was just wrong
I sort of already imagined that they wouldn't put Gracie through that.... she was already kidnapped last season, and if this time the guy had taken her hostage she could definitely be considered the girl with the worst lucky ever. I also thought that it was clever to use another girl who neither Steve or Danny had emotional ties to, because can you imagine Steve being all calm like that if it Gracie there; or Danny just walking calmly intro that shed?!
I really like Emily Alyn Lind, for being so young, she sure knows how to show different emotions.

Quote:
Last week he lost a rooftop chase to and was taken captive by a guy with terminal cancer and this week a wounded guy with a bad leg where the hell is SuperSeal Steve the guy who jump out of planes, using grenades, survived a horrific torture and was the one who capture Wo-Fat I so want to see my old Steve again.
Usually Steve fights like the end of the world when he is against a strong oponent, but both these times he was against a weaker guy and did nothing... I didn't like it! And I was the whole episode wondering when he was going to tackle the "injured using a walking stick" guy to the ground.

Quote:
Michael using Kono gun for a crime and it going to blow-back on her. Not sure where this is heading, but I suspect something bad will happen, Michael is bad news he is for sure not on board with his brother plans. Michael will be the new head of the Yakuza I guess. They better not kill Adam off in the season finale!!

Well, I hope they don't kill Adam.... because killing the significant other of one of the core four was already done in the last finale. They need to diversify. But I agree, I think Michael will take over the Yakuza and will be a huge pain for 5-0, especially Kono (and Adam who'll have to choose a side)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0
Despite all of this Kono and Adam are hot together and probably my favorite couple on the show.
Mine too!!!! They have so much chemistry... even sleeping. On a side note, I found it very cute that Adam was holding Kono's hand.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank god I'm caught up to H50 now.

Anyway, great episode. Loved Steve being such a cool SEAL with the Aloha Girls, then went badass mode the next. Also, I seriously love seeing both Danny and Steve interacting with kids. XD This needs to happen more often.

Very interested in the Adam and Kono storyline. I don't know why she left her gun lying around in the first place, but I'm glad that this might be headed in a very interesting direction for both of them. Looks like Michael is framing her for something... and yeah, I just hope Adam doesn't die in the end because of this. :| C'mon. The guy is trying. (this probably means he will die)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mine too!!!! They have so much chemistry... even sleeping. On a side note, I found it very cute that Adam was holding Kono's hand.
He seemed to me pretty excited to introduce Kono to his brother.

Quote:
It was excellent casting that's for sure.

Quote:
Well, I hope they don't kill Adam.... because killing the significant other of one of the core four was already done in the last finale. They need to diversify. But I agree, I think Michael will take over the Yakuza and will be a huge pain for 5-0, especially Kono (and Adam who'll have to choose a side)
I would rather see Michael overthrow Adam and Adam having to fight to get his position back, or choosing his family and the Yakuza over Kono than kill him off(personally I would rather see them together--the show's hottest couple). I agree; killing off another one of the Core Four's significant others would be overkill (excuse the pun).

Quote:
Usually Steve fights like the end of the world when he is against a strong oponent, but both these times he was against a weaker guy and did nothing... I didn't like it! And I was the whole episode wondering when he was going to tackle the "injured using a walking stick" guy to the ground
I still maintain he was being careful so Lucy wouldn't get hurt.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I really like the scoutmaster. I want her to come back.

I have no words for the ending. I wonder who he killed. I bet it's high profile.
Lostcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

That was a good episode.....lol @ lucy saying when she grows up she will marry Steve. and Danny's reply "we won't hold that against her".
And oh no Kono! That is going to be a really interesting episode next week.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I would rather see Michael overthrow Adam and Adam having to fight to get his position back, or choosing his family and the Yakuza over Kono than kill him off(personally I would rather see them together--the show's hottest couple). I agree; killing off another one of the Core Four's significant others would be overkill (excuse the pun).

I am on board with this it would be ridiculous if this season Kono will loose her love in the finale the writers have t come up with something else. Why always have someone to kill off in the finale first the Governor next was Malia this season I expect something different please writers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I really like the scoutmaster. I want her to come back.

I have no words for the ending. I wonder who he killed. I bet it's high profile.
She have said she is a OR nurse so there is a possibility for a return for her, she could always treat someone from the Task Force.

I am afraid your right and he will frame Kono for it

Quote:
And oh no Kono! That is going to be a really interesting episode next week.
Don't think this storyline will continue next week because both Adam and Michael are not listed in the press release for 3.11 but for sure they will continue this in later episodes this season.
Reply   Post New Thread