Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 3.08 “Wahine’inoloa” ~ November 26 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

3.08 “Wahine’inoloa”

“Evil Woman”

McGARRETT PLAYS CAT AND MOUSE WITH A SMART, SEDUCTIVE THERAPIST HE BELIEVES MURDERED HER PATIENT, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, NOV. 26

Scenes Shot on the Island of Maui

Vanessa Marcil (“General Hospital”) and Carlos Bernard (“24”) Guest Star

CHEAT TWEET: .@VanessaMarcilG plays a seductive game of cat&mouse with #McG – who will win? #H50 11/26 10PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | McGARRETT PLAYS CAT AND MOUSE WITH A SMART, SEDUCTIVE THERAPIST HE BELIEVES MURDERED HER PATIENT, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, NOV. 26

“Wahine’inoloa*” – McGarrett plays cat and mouse with a smart and seductive therapist he believes murdered her patient. Meanwhile, Catherine must hunt down one of Doris’s old targets who is now seeking revenge, Monday, Nov. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Vanessa Marcil (“General Hospital”) guest stars as a murder victim’s therapist and Carlos Bernard (“24”) returns as a disgraced WITSEC agent.

(*Wahine’inoloa is Hawaiian for “Evil Woman”)

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Christine Lahti (Doris McGarrett)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Carlos Bernard (WITSEC Agent Chris Channing)

GUEST CAST:
Madison Eror (Kelly)
Dylan Schmeding (Rob)
Michael Sun Lee (Maui PD Lietenant Kala)
Vanessa Marcil (Olivia Victor)
Michael Jay Green (Gerald O’Burns)
Amy Sloan (Lindsay O’Connell)
Nicole Travolta (Jayne)
Mark Dillen Stitham (Judge Ted Reynolds)
Devon Nekoba (TSA SCA Myers)
Moses Zyus Paskowitz II (Process Server)
Terry Clickner (Marshall)
J.B. Bell, Jr. (Mangosta)

STORY BY: Stephanie SenGupta and Courtney Kemp Agboh
WRITTEN BY: Stephanie SenGupta
DIRECTED BY: Steve Boyum
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Well i hate to say it but that episode was so boring... It felt more like a filler episode then anyth.ing

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Overall i thought it was a good episode.

The beginning of the episode was interesting. I particullary liked Kono's sarcastic remarks about the victim having a great day, because talk about overkill. As usual, I really liked Max's participation in the episode, he's always cute explaining and taking every remark seriously.

It goes without saying that I enjoyed seeing Kono and Steve working together, it had been a while since we last saw that happening.

I loved seeing Vanessa Marcil playing with Steve's head, very smart and she tagged him spot on. And I really liked their banters, specially the thing about him not being able to understand her notes because of his reading comprehension skills LOL. Her only mistake was to challenge Steve, because the guy knows how to be stubborn, and once he set up on his mind that she was the guilty one he became somehow obssessed and his gut does not need evidence LOL

I have to admit that at first I thought she wasn't guilty, and Steve was just overreacting with his suspicions. Kuddos to the doctor for getting a restraining order against him and then lead him to a trap in the restaurant, very clever (that's when I realized that she was the killer) and slashing his tire was such a psycho move...

Danny trying to get Steve to accept that maybe the shrink is not guilty and only a concerned person was great. He does seem like he went to a therapist or something before. I also loved that when Steve was served, Danny took the paper out of his hands and opened it like it was his own mail. And notice that Danny and Kono were more curious about what the paper was about than Steve himself.

Now I totally didn't see the Madam thing coming! Nice plot twist. But having her attack that steward on an EMPTY bathroom was a stretch (when was the last time that you went to a public airport bathroom to find it empty?!). I really thought that she would get away, which would be a different turn of things for the show.
But very smart of Steve to realize that she is clever and was misguiding them into thinking that she was leaving by plane.

Allow me to say that it was weird in a very convenient way that Chin got left behind in the offices while Kono went alone to check out the airport when they got the info that Olivia was there. She was a suspect trying to leave the island, so why would Chin be hanging out doing nothing in the offices and let Kono go by herself?!
Here comes the convinient part where he was just waiting around for Cath to call and ask for him to track the GPS of the car without Steve knowing... but still very lame. And may I add that I sensed a huge lack of Chin in this episode! He was pretty much in the background the whole case.

This time I agree that Steve had to ask help to Cath to put Olivia Victor on the "no-flight list", after all NOW neither him or 50 can do it, so it made sense. I don't know how this thing works, but don't you need a reason to put somebody in that list? And wouldn't the reason of her being a suspect on Steve's case be a little biased? And Cath said so herself that it would be harassment, so how did they make it happen? Anyways... moving on.

I loved Cath's storyline in the episode and that would be a great way to use the character on the show. I preffer seeing her dealing with separated stories than helping out on cases (again I say that as much as I love her, I don't want her to join the task force).

And she's great kicking ass! That scene where she disarmed Channing was amazing! And jumping off the balcony was definitely my favorite scene of the episode. I love BAMF Cath as long as it makes sense for her to be involved in a situation like that. And I really hope that we get to see Ag. Channing again, I mean he seems like an interesting character (not to mention that I LOVE Carlos Bernard, it brings back a lot of Tony Almeida feelings). I think Cath and Channing had a good onscreen chemistry, and worked very well together.

Now when speaking about Doris, I have to say that she doesn't seem like she was a very good CIA agent... Just one question, if the guy Mangosta was seeking revenge for so long, how come it was easier to find her now (after faking her own death for 20 years) other than finding her when she was living the perfect family life with Steve's dad and the kids?? Have to say though that she was kind of scary torturing that guy in the end.

The only part that I really didn't like was the ending.... I felt it was very OOC for Cath to promise Doris to keep the whole thing a secret, even if she was struggling with that. Cath barely knows Doris, but she knows Steve very well, she knows he has trust issues, and earlier in the day he said to her that he hates being played, so it did feel right. This will probably be the reason why her relationship with Steve could hit a rocky path, which I think it's a good reason (way better than just the favors thing that could be resolved very easily).
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did like the episode....it was different and not as good as the last few--but not as bad as some of the episodes from last year.

Crime of the week was good nice to see a different case and, I enjoyed the cat and mouse game between Steve and Olivia of course our SuperSeal was right from the beginning . I liked the opening bit with Steve/Kono. It always makes me happy when they switch it up and don’t stick to their regular pairings

My hatred against Doris grows with every episode I see her. Don't like it one bit she pulls Catherine in her web of secrets. I bet she did the same with Joe, Doris does not have any problems to ask the people who Steve love and trust the most to lie to him.
And I am afraid it will backfire Cath she does exactly the same as Joe when will they understand that Steve is a grown man, he can take some bad news about his mother.
Now there is definite material for the Steve & Cath rocky path When Oliva talked about his momma issues Steve said "I don't like being played" Steve is not going appreciate having someone close to him lie once again.

I wonder how Doris will explain the broken lamp and the bruises on her face. to Steve. Speaking of Doris I didn't like how she torture Mangosta that woman is really sick in her head.

Loved badass Cath and her story with the agent. We finally found out where she lives, love her home

Steve and Danny where fun tonight and it was good to see Duke again. Missed Chin this episode!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I think I'll go out on a limb to say that this was the best eppie of the season. It kept me at the edge of my seat and actually yelled when the commercials seemingly took FOREVER!!

Random Thoughts:

Well, I think we might know now what comes between Steve and Catherine. Gee Catherine I guess all good deeds don't go unpunished. You go out of your way, putting yourself in danger to save Doris and how does she repay you? By making you keep a secret that if found out, could put a crimp or even end your relationship with her son. Poor Catherine hesitated to keep it; she knows with Steve's trust issues, that he will go postal ON HER if he finds out or something happens to Doris and she doesn't say something. Doris had no right to put Catherine in this position. What irks me is that Catherine is one of the few people that Steve trusts completely and because of Doris' antics, he may feel Catherine betrayed him (through no fault of her own) and will stop trusting her.

Doris needs to go away!!

Did anyone besides me wish that this was it for Doris?
Spoiler:
Don't get me wrong, I love Christine Lahti and think she is doing an awesome job playing Doris, but man this woman has been a pain in Steve's fine behind since she resurfaced with her selfish, secretive, interfering ways.
Spoiler:
When this is all said and done, she will probably cause Steve more pain than he has ever felt and Kono, Danny Chin Catherine (assuming she is back in his life) et al will have to help him pick up the pieces.

Did I mention tha Doris needs to go away?

Nuff of that.

I loved watching the cat and mouse game between Olivia and Steve, but Steve, Steve, Steve did you really think that she was inviting you to that Cafe to really talk?!! I had a feeling she would pull something like that. Glad to see Steve was right all along.

I know Danny had been a little over the top with Steve at times, but not this time. Everything Danny said needed to be said because Steve was a little over the top (boy, did this woman really get under his skin). I could tell Danny was there for him though.

I loved every scene Kono and Chin were in and glad to see Kono with Steve at the beginning.

I reallly didn't understand Steve's Favor of the Week. It didn't seem realistic to me. Does Catherine really have the authority to put someone on the "No Flight" list?

Love Max.

Catherine's scenes were all good and glad she had a story arc of her own. I so admire Catherine's jump from the balcony because I am afraid of heights. A bad ass.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode, the storyline was very interesting, Vanessa Marcil amazing in this Evil role.
I'm very glad to see Cath working on something else than Steve's favors and I can stop thinking that this part of the eppie could be a very good pilot for a spin-off for another show cause Cath and Channing are a damn good team together there is a great alchemy between this too
Love all the Steve & Kono scenes, they should work together more often
A 8/10 for this one.
macelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Now when speaking about Doris, I have to say that she doesn't seem like she was a very good CIA agent... Just one question, if the guy Mangosta was seeking revenge for so long, how come it was easier to find her now (after faking her own death for 20 years) other than finding her when she was living the perfect family life with Steve's dad and the kids?? Have to say though that she was kind of scary torturing that guy in the end.
I was wondering that too.... 37 years means Mangosta had 17 years to find here before Doris disappeared, makes me wonder how old Doris was when she became a spy

Quote:
The only part that I really didn't like was the ending.... I felt it was very OOC for Cath to promise Doris to keep the whole thing a secret, even if she was struggling with that. Cath barely knows Doris, but she knows Steve very well, she knows he has trust issues, and earlier in the day he said to her that he hates being played, so it did feel right. This will probably be the reason why her relationship with Steve could hit a rocky path, which I think it's a good reason (way better than just the favors thing that could be resolved very easily).
I 100% agree with you have said here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)

Well, I think we might know now what comes between Steve and Catherine. Gee Catherine I guess all good deeds don't go unpunished. You go out of your way, putting yourself in danger to save Doris and how does she repay you? By making you keep a secret that if found out, could put a crimp or even end your relationship with her son. Poor Catherine hesitated to keep it; she knows with Steve's trust issues, that he will go postal ON HER if he finds out or something happens to Doris and she doesn't say something. Doris had no right to put Catherine in this position. What irks me is that Catherine is one of the few people that Steve trusts completely and because of Doris' antics, he may feel Catherine betrayed him (through no fault of her own) and will stop trusting her.

Doris needs to go away!!
I so agree Doris needs to go ASAP!!

Which mother asked her son's girlfriend to keep a secret from him proves once again how psychotic brutal, devious selfish evil woman she is who only cares for herself and this pact with Catherine will cause only more pain for Steve and he will lose the trust he had in Cath. You can see the trouble between Steve and Cath coming.

Quote:
Did anyone besides me wish that this was it for Doris?
Spoiler:
May my wish come true!!

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love Christine Lahti and think she is doing an awesome job playing Doris, but man this woman has been a pain in Steve's fine behind since she resurfaced with her selfish, secretive, interfering ways.
Spoiler:
When this is all said and done, she will probably cause Steve more pain than he has ever felt and Kono, Danny Chin Catherine (assuming she is back in his life) et al will have to help him pick up the pieces.
I agree Christina portray's mama McGarrett wonderful

YOUR KIDDING RIGHT!! throughout the rest of the season I didn't read anything about that I didn't even knew that Christina has extended her contract.

Quote:
I can stop thinking that this part of the eppie could be a very good pilot for a spin-off for another show cause Cath and Channing are a damn good team together there is a great alchemy between this too
Sorry hon but that is not gonna happen Cath is here to stay! our something bad is gonna happen with her in the season finale.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I was wondering that too.... 37 years means Mangosta had 17 years to find here before Doris disappeared, makes me wonder how old Doris was when she became a spy
The whole Doris story seems to be done without giving much thought... It's like the writers are just rolling with the flow. It made no sense that she went back to the island just like that after entering the WitSec Program, then she was living a normal life with the same name on the same house, and all of a sudden her old target found out everything about her?!
Christine is awesome, but just like Lori said, I really hope Doris go away SOON, up until now nothing was explained, just prolongued with annoying behavior from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity
our something bad is gonna happen with her in the season finale.
What something bad will happen with whom? Cath? Is there a spoiler about it?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed this episode very much--always like it when they do something different for a change, and gave us two cases running at once. The moment that doctor madam was grilling Steve about his military background while washing her car, I knew she was culprit, because no one makes small talk when someone is asking you about your whereabouts involving a murder.

Loved Catherine and the 24 guy here, I was jumping up and down when the guy was about to return in the room and Cath was still inside.

Hate Doris; didn't really like her the first time, and now my dislike is even stronger. I think we saw the real Doris here when she was torturing that guy.

Microsoft must've paid a lot of money for product placements--their new Surface tablet device has been seen being used in H50 for weeks now, as well as on NCIS: LA.

The episode title got me thinking: who is being referred to as the "Evil Woman" --the doctor madam or Doris McGarrett?
imbyerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Steve is roughly 34 to 36 and it sounds to me that Doris could have been an older first time Mom. It is conceivable that Doris could have been her mid 20's and it even could have been her first assignment.

Quote:
Which mother asked her son's girlfriend to keep a secret from him proves once again how psychotic brutal, devious selfish evil woman she is who only cares for herself and this pact with Catherine will cause only more pain for Steve and he will lose the trust he had in Cath. You can see the trouble between Steve and Cath coming.
I completely agree with all of this Lena. And we all know Steve will find out sooner or later

Quote:
I agree Christina portray's mama McGarrett wonderful
Emmy worthy IMO.

Quote:
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT!! throughout the rest of the season I didn't read anything about that I didn't even knew that Christina has extended her contract.
I read it on Alex O'Loughlin Rocks website. Christine also made a comment that she was signed on for 4 eppies and it probably end up being more. So we haven't seen the last of Doris, not in the least

Quote:
Sorry hon but that is not gonna happen Cath is here to stay! our something bad is gonna happen with her in the season finale.
I wouldn't put it past PL to kill Catherine off in the season finale. I hope not, for Steve's sake.

Quote:
The episode title got me thinking: who is being referred to as the "Evil Woman" --the doctor madam or Doris McGarrett?
Very good point!!! I never thought of it that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Steve is roughly 34 to 36 and it sounds to me that Doris could have been an older first time Mom. It is conceivable that Doris could have been her mid 20's and it even could have been her first assignment.
That may be, but even then Doris most have worked a short time as a spy then and made so many enemies something bothers me a lot about the time frame

Quote:
I completely agree with all of this Lena. And we all know Steve will find out sooner or later
I have my fingers crossed that Cath can't live with this secret and tells Steve.

Quote:
Emmy worthy IMO.
Mine too

Quote:
I read it on Alex O'Loughlin Rocks website. Christine also made a comment that she was signed on for 4 eppies and it probably end up being more. So we haven't seen the last of Doris, not in the least
Ohhhh dear!!!! here comes the second Joe

Sadly my link to that side doesn't work anymore something has changed because I get a weird side when I try my link

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past PL to kill Catherine off in the season finale. I hope not, for Steve's sake.
I will be very pissed if PL kills Cath off in the season finale Cath is a great addition to the show she is able to show Steve soft side which Its ver enjoyable to watch IMO!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I don't see that happening. They can't end every season killing off a character that has a connection to the team. Also, PL is too much of a Michelle fan for doing that IMO. I think he has huge plans for her on the show, specially now that she's having a pretty good acception by the fans in general.

Although I have to disagree with Lena, so far we haven't exactly seen a softer side of Steve with Cath. All the vulnerable and sort of soft scenes we've got this season were the ones he shared with Doris, a little bit with Mary, and most often with Danny. As far as his scenes with Cath, they have been sort of cute, but not even once he has opened up or anything like that.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

First off I did love this episode.

I do not like Doris I knew from the moment she was introduced she was bad news.

I liked all the scenes with Danny and Steve they always make me laugh at least once or twice during a show. Loved seeing Steve and Kono working together.

I don't think Cath will be able to keep the secret about Doris from Steve the way she looked when she promised was like **** I should not be doing this but I guess I will. I really want Steve to find out about Doris and realize that she is not what she says she is all cooked up to be.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved loved Catherine this episode. She was so badass! Don't let that woman tell you what to do, Cath. I think Christine Lahti is having fun playing Doris.

I liked this episode, it wasn't boring. Both the case and Cath story was interesting. Though I'd love to see an episode where Steve isn't right for once!

Yolanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I don't see that happening. They can't end every season killing off a character that has a connection to the team. Also, PL is too much of a Michelle fan for doing that IMO. I think he has huge plans for her on the show, specially now that she's having a pretty good acception by the fans in general.
I really don't either; why bring an actress in, make her a regular cast member and then kill her off? She isn't Lori Weston after all; fans like her

Quote:
Although I have to disagree with Lena, so far we haven't exactly seen a softer side of Steve with Cath. All the vulnerable and sort of soft scenes we've got this season were the ones he shared with Doris, a little bit with Mary, and most often with Danny. As far as his scenes with Cath, they have been sort of cute, but not even once he has opened up or anything like that.
I must admit; we haven't seen this effect on him like that this year. He alternates between a giddy teenager and all business. If rocky times are ahead, we may not see a softer side for a while.

Quote:
Sadly my link to that side doesn't work anymore something has changed because I get a weird side when I try my link
You too? That is too bad; I got a lot of spoilers, news and pictures from there
Quote:
I have my fingers crossed that Cath can't live with this secret and tells Steve
She had better do it soon if she doesn't want to make Steve mad. The longer she waits, the madder Steve could get

Quote:
That may be, but even then Doris most have worked a short time as a spy then and made so many enemies something bothers me a lot about the time frame
I actually agree it doesn't make sense. I wonder if they actually gave it some thought before they wrote that line.
Reply   Post New Thread