Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 10.08 ~ “Ne’e aku, ne’e mai ke one o Punahoa” (That way and this way shifts the sands of Punahoa) ~November 15 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

10.08 “Ne’e aku, ne’e mai ke one o Punahoa”

“That way and this way shifts the sands of Punahoa”

FIVE-0 TEAMS UP WITH A DEA AGENT TO SEARCH FOR A KILLER WHOSE PLANE CRASHED IN THE JUNGLE WITH $10 MILLION WORTH OF HEROIN ON BOARD, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 15

Basketball Star Metta World Peace Guest Stars as Himself
Episode Co-Written by Series Star Chi McBride

“Ne’e aku, ne’e mai ke one o Punahoa” – Five-0 teams up with a DEA agent to search for a killer whose plane crashed in the jungle with $10 million worth of heroin on board. Also, Grover is thrilled when his niece Siobhan (guest star Nia Holloway) comes to try out for the University of Hawaii basketball team, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Basketball star Metta World Peace guest stars as himself. The episode was co-written by series star Chi McBride.
(“Ne’e aku, ne’e mai ke one o Punahoa” is Hawaiian for “That way and this way shifts the sands of Punahoa”)

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)
Katrina Law (Quinn Liu)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Dr. Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Michelle Hurd (Renee Grover)

GUEST CAST:
Nia Holloway (Siobhan)
Marita De Lara (Coach Paul)
Jesse Johnson (Richie Gormican)
Walker Haynes (Bishop)
Garret T. Sato (Ben Tam)
Can Bolay (Mihajlovic)
Poasa Aga (Kelo)
Ashley Kirk (Paramedic Dunlop)
Kainoa Li (Paramedic Hui)
Tyler Tanabe (Pilot)
Leia Bullock (Young Siobhan)
Phil Chang (Clerk)
Dean Hamer (Janitor)
Metta World Peace (Himself)

WRITTEN BY: Series star Chi McBride & Matt Wheeler
DIRECTED BY: Carlos Bernard

Source:
CBS

Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDWa...ature=emb_logo
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Good episode .
Liked that they showed that Steve is still suffering, that he didn't just bounce back and everything is normal again. Can totally understand that he wanted to work again though. Good thing he called Danny back at the and didn't just mignore him. For a second I thought he was calling Catherine

Think the case was interesting as well, although I think it was kind of predictable that the DEA guy was a bad guy.
Love that they involved Eddie again. Hope we'll see him a lot more this season.

Still think Quinn is a good addition to the team.

Liked the Grover-Story too. Think his niece did the right thing. Very sad that she got punished, because they weren't interested in the truth.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree. Really good episode. Much better than I expected. Chi in this episode did much better as a writer than in season 9. I like both storylines. Scene at the end between Grover and Siobhan in flashbacks was very emotional and powerful. It was cool to see Renne again. Grover is lucky to have such a wife. She is amazing. It was also nice to see the basketball storyline, because as a sports fan I am always happy to welcome sports storylines. Especially since the NBA star, Metta World Peace was in the episode.

Main storyline also I liked. And it was connected with this new Big Bad, who is connected to some villain from the past (probably Wo Fat). Killing Bishop was more than certain. This DEA agent it was also more than certain that something was wrong with him. Steve and Quinn were suspicious, and this vibration of surrounding him. It's nice that Eddie appears more times this season.

I am very happy that they did not sweep the sadness of Steve under the rug. There must have been some consequences after Doris death and they did a good job. First a very sad scene at Steve's home, then a conversation between Steve, Tani, Quinn, and Adam. Then a conversation between Adam and Junior in the jungle. And finally, a personal conversation with Quinn, and one of the best scenes of the episode - Steve calling back Danny. They are best friends forever.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you both this was really a great episode both storylines were great! I was scared that I wouldn’t like it because Chi also co wrote this episode and Inwas not a fan of his Thanksgiving episode last Year. The flashback were sad and told us much about what happened in Bonny life. Great that Renee was there she is a wonderful wife for Lou she always say the right things

I was happy to see that they showed us Steve dealing with Doris death He can be a Super SEAL and have vulnerabilities. It makes him human. His teary eyes at the end when he calls Danny says to me that Steve has still a long way to go. But with the help of Danny his friend for live
and the rest he will get there.

The whole team was worried about Steve they all found that Steve got back to work to soon but they understand and throughout the episode they all showed they are behind him . loved how Quinn talk to him at the end and how she during work time calls him Commander. Quinn is great and I am happy for Steve that he has someone who also service their country.

I have to agree with Quinn I didn’t trusted that DEA guy from the first min I saw him. So Bishop got killed in the hospital now we still have to wait who or bad villian of the season is.
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

i knew the DEA guy was a bad guy the second they introduced him. that was predicable from the start. im glad they showed steve in still having a hard time dealing with all this.

where is danny? i'm glad quinn is there for him at least

i liked the grover storyline with his niece. i hope she sticks around
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a good episode I agree with what has been said about the episode already.
Reply   Post New Thread