Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 10.02 “Kuipeia e ka makani apaa” (Knocked flat by the wind; sudden disaster) ~ October 4 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

10.02 “Kuipeia e ka makani apaa”

“Knocked flat by the wind; sudden disaster”

AS TANI AND JUNIOR PLOT AN ESCAPE FOR THEMSELVES AND SEVERAL CIVILIANS AFTER THEY’RE TRAPPED INSIDE A COLLAPSED TUNNEL, FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES THE CAUSE AND CULPRITS OF THE CAVE-IN, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 4

“Kuipeia e ka makani apaa” – Tani and Junior must plot an escape for themselves and several civilians after they become trapped inside a deadly tunnel collapse, while Five-0 investigates the cause and culprits of the cave-in. Also, Eddie the dog uses his field experience and sniffs out a bomb that has been planted in McGarrett’s home, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Kuipeia e ka makani apaa” is Hawaiian for “Knocked flat by the wind; sudden disaster”)

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin

(Steve McGarrett)

Scott Caan

(Danny “Danno” Williams)

Ian Anthony Dale

(Adam Noshimuri)

Meaghan Rath

(Tani Rey)

Jorge Garcia

(Jerry Ortega)

Beulah Koale

(Junior Reigns)

Chi McBride

(Captain Lou Grover)

Katrina Law

(Quinn Liu)

Taylor Wily

(Kamekona)

Dennis Chun

(Sgt. Duke Lukela)

Kimee Balmilero

(Dr. Noelani Cunha)

GUEST CAST:

Brook Kerr

(Carol)

Josh Braaten

(Nate)

Marc Menchaca

(Jackson Wilcox)

Leith Burke

(Deputy Director Keawe)

Lana McKissack

(Luana)

Ray Oda

(Ano)

Jason Dirden

(Akoni)

Lionel Fase

(Guard #1)

Hubert Brown II

(HTA Worker)

Angela Lanaris

(College Student #1)

Lyric Medeiros

(College Student #2)

Jason New

(Mike Wilcox)

Todd Biggerstaff

(Red)

Manuel Uriza

(Moreno)

Duncan Kamakana

(Private Kamaka)

Maile Holck

(Shinoya)

Matthew A. Chapman

(Agent James)

Mario Quezada

(Fuller)

Kendu Young

(Opunui)

Kate Tobia

(Shayla Wilcox)

WRITTEN BY: Talia Gonzalez & Bisanne Masoud

DIRECTED BY: Karen Gaviola

Promo

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

promo looks really promising.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

You’re welcome

Can’t wait for tomorrow morning breakfast with a new episode with Eddie
Old 10-05-2019, 12:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Another great episode. The second episode confirms that Katrina Law was a great choice and Quinn perfectly fits to the team. Today she team-up with Danny and Adam. And I liked their cooperation. There were funny comments from Danny and Quinn. Again the whole team was working on the case. Tani and Junior just like their relationship, they can rely on each other like Steve and Danny. Eddie, that was great episode of Eddie. I love this dog. Ohana scene in the last scene was a pleasant surprise because it was not in the promotional photos, and nothing else. As for the bomb, I'm still not sure if Cullen is responsible. I will tell something about Adam. I honestly don't mind that he is in Five-0, I like him in Five-0 and his dynamics with the team. Today he worked great with Danny and Quinn. It is better than creating separate storylines forcibly. I really like the current team, and when Quinn will join to Five-0 it will be even better.

Last edited by Core 4; 10-05-2019 at 02:14 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow! The start of season 10 is amazing we got another wonderful episode. The COTW was ok.

My favorite episodes are always the one where the whole team works on the same case and here they did everyone on a different place and in this one Eddie was the real hero how cute was he wearing goggles I love that dog so much.

Steve was in the sideline but he let other people lead the investigation and do the action while he was working on rescuing Tani and Junior. He was where he was supposed to be as leader of Five-O

Adam, Danny and Quinn worked great together loved al their scene’s have to say that it looked if Quinn always was part of the team so good she fits in fine. Adam is getting more and more a cop I am happy to see he shine more now.

Loved the Ohana scene at the end were Eddie got his steak sorry Danny he deserves the steak more than you.

Two thinks I didn’t like sorry in advance who I bother with this!

Steve to Quinn : Do me a favor. Thanks Your the best. I owe you one. Seriously? Writers this Was so Steve and Cath their thing trey to be more creative please now it looked if Quinn will be the new Cath

Is there something Tani can't do? why is she always better then Junior 😏
Old 10-05-2019, 05:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Steve to Quinn : Do me a favor. Thanks Your the best. I owe you one. Seriously? Writers this Was so Steve and Cath their thing trey to be more creative please now it looked if Quinn will be the new Cath
I saw on Twitter that some Cath fans wrote about it. But I do not understand. Was Catherine the only person in the show that Steve asked for help for? There were others. The case was related to DOD, so it is logic that he asked her for help. And that's why he politely thanks and tell her that I owe her for help (he also said it to other characters than Cath). Just because she is a brunette and a she was in uniform doesn't mean it's a Cath clone. Not to mention that Steve will no longer need the favor, because Quinn already in the episode 10.04 will be in Five-0. For now, nothing indicates that there will be an romance between them. Comparisons will always be there, but frankly it starts to annoy me, because some Cath fans criticize Quinn or writers for every thing about her. She is great, badass, and funny. Katrina is amazing actress and I'm very excited that we have another great female character on the show.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
I saw on Twitter that some Cath fans wrote about it. But I do not understand. Was Catherine the only person in the show that Steve asked for help for? There were others. The case was related to DOD, so it is logic that he asked her for help. And that's why he politely thanks and tell her that I owe her for help (he also said it to other characters than Cath). Just because she is a brunette and a she was in uniform doesn't mean it's a Cath clone. Not to mention that Steve will no longer need the favor, because Quinn already in the episode 10.04 will be in Five-0. For now, nothing indicates that there will be an romance between them. Comparisons will always be there, but frankly it starts to annoy me, because some Cath fans criticize Quinn or writers for every thing about her. She is great, badass, and funny. Katrina is amazing actress and I'm very excited that we have another great female character on the show.
You understand me wrong it was the way Steve ask it that is what bother me he needed a favor! if he had ask for help it was different IMO! And I have nothing against Quinn she is great and fit in fine the show needed a new female nothing against her at all. And if in the future something will happen between them then I have no problem with it I have read on Twitter to what some fans wrote but they are against any romance I am not of course I prefer Cath but if Steve finds his happiness with Quinn also fine after all I want is that Steve is happy! It was against the writers for me they used the word favor knowing they would up set some fans before we know it something little like this can start a war on Twitter
Old 10-05-2019, 06:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Sometimes I have enough of social media. Maybe it's good that Quinn will join to Five-0 so soon. Because a few more times she would help it would be another criticism. I am delighted with the character of Quinn and that's why such things annoy me. BTW, in the future I want a team-up Danny with Tani and Quinn. All three together to know their sarcasm would be priceless.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sometimes I have enough of social media. Maybe it's good that Quinn will join to Five-0 so soon. Because a few more times she would help it would be another criticism. I am delighted with the character of Quinn and that's why such things annoy me. BTW, in the future I want a team-up Danny with Tani and Quinn. All three together to know their sarcasm would be priceless.
I agree with both first that she will be the new member of the team in the next episode so Steve never can ask her for something and second the 3 of them working together their sarcasm will be amazing to watch.

I have enough of social media to sometimes and H5O fans can be hars over the years we had so many wars on twitter that I stayed away for months from it that is why I was so happy last year all went so well everyone was happy I hope it stays this way.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
You understand me wrong it was the way Steve ask it that is what bother me he needed a favor! if he had ask for help it was different IMO! And I have nothing against Quinn she is great and fit in fine the show needed a new female nothing against her at all. And if in the future something will happen between them then I have no problem with it I have read on Twitter to what some fans wrote but they are against any romance I am not of course I prefer Cath but if Steve finds his happiness with Quinn also fine after all I want is that Steve is happy! It was against the writers for me they used the word favor knowing they would up set some fans before we know it something little like this can start a war on Twitter
Yeah, I do get where you are coming from. As I was watching the episode last night, that whole Quinn/Steve interaction shot off a lot of McRoll vibes. I think it wasn't necessarily the fact that Steve asked Quinn for a favor that was wrong it was just the way the interaction played out. I do like the character a lot, she is an awesome fit for the team for sure. She seems to mesh really well with Five-0. It sometimes is hard to bring on new characters but Quinn seems to fit great with the team.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
It sometimes is hard to bring on new characters but Quinn seems to fit great with the team.
Usually, they were great at introducing new characters to the Five-0 team. Only failed with Lori. Lauren is great actress but something did not work out. Fortunately, they did it well with Tani, Junior, and Quinn, because we lost to Chin, Kono, and now Jerry, so it's good that they hit perfectly with the casting.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Usually, they were great at introducing new characters to the Five-0 team. Only failed with Lori. Lauren is great actress but something did not work out. Fortunately, they did it well with Tani, Junior, and Quinn, because we lost to Chin, Kono, and now Jerry, so it's good that they hit perfectly with the casting.
Yeah, I agree. Though when Tani and Junior came in, It took me like a half a season for me for me to start to really like them joining the team.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. Though when Tani and Junior came in, It took me like a half a season for me for me to start to really like them joining the team.
When it comes to Tani, for me it was love at first sight. Same with Quinn (though she is not yet in Five-0, but after two episodes you can feel that she is in the team). It was different with Junior because he joined Five-0 much later. But also became a great character. I love this new team. Despite first doubts, Adam also fit into the team well.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:57 AM
New Fan

Eddie was the hero of the episode good dog Eddie. Quinn was ok, liked the dog better.
Patf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patf (View Post)
Eddie was the hero of the episode good dog Eddie. Quinn was ok, liked the dog better.
Yeah, Eddie was a hero in the episode for sure!

Reply   Post New Thread