Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 10.01 ~ "The skin has been hurt by the point of the spear.” SEASON PREMIERE SEASON 10 ~ September 27 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

]

10.01 “Ua ?eha ka ?ili i ka maka o ka ihe”

“The skin has been hurt by the point of the spear.”

A NEW ALLY HELPS MCGARRETT AND FIVE-0 WHEN MOB BOSSES ON THE ISLAND ARE BEING TARGETED BY AN ASSASSIN, ON THE 10th SEASON PREMIERE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, SEPT. 27 AT A NEW TIME

Katrina Law Joins the Cast as Quinn Liu
Rob Morrow Guest Stars

“Ua ?eha ka ?ili i ka maka o ka ihe” – A new ally helps McGarrett and Five-0 when mob bosses on the island are being targeted by an assassin. Also, Five-0 says goodbye to one of their own, on the 10th season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Sept. 27 at its new time (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Katrina Law joins the cast as Quinn Liu. Rob Morrow guest stars.
(“Ua ?eha ka ?ili i ka maka o ka ihe” is Hawaiian for “The skin has been hurt by the point of the spear.”)

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)
Katrina Law (Quinn Liu)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Dr. Noelani Cunha)
RECURRING CAST:
Sonny Saito (Masuda)

GUEST CAST:
Katie Wee (Brooke)
Paul S.W. Lee (Dr. Paulson)
Eddie Anderson (SWAT Commander)
Rob Morrow (Cullen)
Roland Nip (Zhang)
Wes Zane (Yakuza Leader)
Hank Holliday (Mayor)
Grace Lee (TV Anchor)
Dennis Take****a (Yakuza Leader #2)
Lehua Kalima (Singer #1)
Ryan Souza (Singer #2)

STORY BY: Peter M. Lenkov
TELEPLAY BY: David Wolkove & Matt Wheeler

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait for the premiere. I have such a huge hype, thanks to Katrina Law, I can't wait for her debut. I had a similarly big hype in the premiere of 8.01 when Meaghan was to debut. Meaghan's debut was great, I hope that Katrina's debut will be equally successful.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy H5O day everyone!
Old 09-28-2019, 01:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok wow! This one was awesome. I love Quinn already, Katrina fits really well to the team. I had the same feelings last year when Meaghan was brought in.

I'm gonna miss Jerry though. He came a long way from the guy from the basement. Glad they didn't kill him off because this means open doors for Jorge.
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:38 AM
Passionate Fan

It was awesome premiere. Action-packed premiere. A lot great action scenes. Fight scenes, shootings, chases. Katrina Law as Quinn. I just love her! I knew from the beginning that she would be great because I saw her earlier in several other productions. It looks like she will be a perfect addition to the team. She is baddas and funny. Last scene I wonder if this is connected to the villain, who was mentioned in the interviews. Cullen I know that he is responsible for everything in the case of the week because I knew he would be in several episodes. Steve & Danny I love their scenes in this episode.

Now what has been certain for some time has happened. Jerry leaves Five-0. it's a pity because he has developed so well all these seasons, but it looks like it's not a goodbye forever. It looks like he will appear from time to time. This is indicated by the scene from the episode and the interviews in which he has the door open to the return, Jorge himself says that "I look forward to popping in again to play with my TV ohana". And the article from TV Line says that Jorge Garcia is dropping to recurring status (see below for articles). And the reason for leaving, I thought it was going to be related to the shooting, but I thought he would join somewhere else like the FBI or NSA. But it's cool because he returns to the roots and conspiracy. Now I think his role will be taken over by Adam a bit (we have already seen it in the premiere), not hacker things, but being by table at the HQ table, etc.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/27/hawaii...ry-quits-team/

https://deadline.com/2019/09/hawaii-...es-1202747179/

https://cartermatt.com/379831/why-is...0-ep-explains/

Last edited by Core 4; 09-28-2019 at 09:14 AM
Old 09-28-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

One of the best season premiere of H5O in years it was AWESOME lot of action it was if I was back in season 1 again

Great to see McDanno is back!!!! their bickering brought some humor to this episode. Danny who interfered with Steve his date with Brooke was funny so as the break up at the end with Danny I wonder if we will see Brooke again.

We all knew it was Jerry who got shot it is in his character after being shot that Jerry wants a break from Five-O to write a book it was a lovely goodbye hopefully he will return soon. I've read that Jorge status is back to recurring character.

Aloha Quinn loved how they introduced her on the show sooooo season 1 no wonder Danny got a Deja-vu. Sofar I like her hope she will fit in soon. I thought well showing her as the female McGarrett that role was already played by Tani .

Tani and Junior all dressed up for the opera how sweet! and Adam is still in a friendly relationship with Tamiko.

WoW that ending Who planted that bomb in the toolbox in McGarrett house

Danny was great in this episode I loved all his remarks he was spot on!!

Maybe I am wrong but I think we have met or villian for the season in Cullen.

What is up with Steve and Danny's hair

Finally we got to see the Tool-Box again think this will be a set up for the Doris episode.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

think it was a good episode for a start and with that ending I am already waiting for the next one...

agree with what you've already said, especially about jerry.

think that tha "new girl" fits the team, but (if that is even planned) not steve...
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Aloha Quinn loved how they introduced her on the show sooooo season 1 no wonder Danny got a Deja-vu. Sofar I like her hope she will fit in soon. I thought well showing her as the female McGarrett that role was already played by Tani.
And on the internet I read only positives about Quinn. I was sure she will be great, but seeing it on the screen is quite different. I can't wait for her team-up with Tani. Finally, we will have two badass female characters in Five-0.

Quote:
Tani and Junior all dressed up for the opera how sweet! and Adam is still in a friendly relationship with Tamiko.
I am glad that they are in no hurry with Tani and Junior and Adam and Tamiko. For now they are friends.

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong but I think we have met or villian for the season in Cullen.
I don't think so. I think Cullen will be only in the first few episodes. And I think villain for the season will be this villain who was a mentioned a several times in interviews. A someone connected to the Big Bad from the past. In last interview was metnioned that one of the Big Bads from the past is coming back but this was written by the journalist and not PL, so there could be a mistake (especially that all Big Bads are dead). Does not matter if it will be someone connected to this Big Bad from the past or it will be Big Bad from the past, I think he will be the villain of the season, not Cullen.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
New Fan

Thought they went too fast with the intro to Jerry's shooting. it would have been nice if there was some angst. People standing around wondering if he would live. Poor Jerry. Too quick.
What happened to the lady and her son.
The Five-0 squad needs some time at the firing range. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Very crowded around the table.
I will always hate Scott's hair now. Makes him look like an old man. He acts like one too.
McGarret has a new red truck. If they blow up his house next week. Are Eddie and the cat going to be okay?
New girl needs time to fit in. Didn't like the attitude. But they all have to come in like they own the place. Do they really need another person?
Patf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have posted about the shows premiere on our social media accounts. Have fun watching!
a meaningful, sane existence
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
And on the internet I read only positives about Quinn. I was sure she will be great, but seeing it on the screen is quite different. I can't wait for her team-up with Tani. Finally, we will have two badass female characters in Five-0.

I am glad that they are in no hurry with Tani and Junior and Adam and Tamiko. For now they are friends.

I don't think so. I think Cullen will be only in the first few episodes. And I think villain for the season will be this villain who was a mentioned a several times in interviews. A someone connected to the Big Bad from the past. In last interview was metnioned that one of the Big Bads from the past is coming back but this was written by the journalist and not PL, so there could be a mistake (especially that all Big Bads are dead). Does not matter if it will be someone connected to this Big Bad from the past or it will be Big Bad from the past, I think he will be the villain of the season, not Cullen.
I think the show needed a new female I would love to see her pairing up with everyone of the team in the beginning and end up as Tani partner. So far I like her a lot.

Same here no love couples on the team it only makes the show worse IMO

Ok thanks It is making me curious who it will be.

Quote:
I have posted about the shows premiere on our social media accounts. Have fun watching!
Thank you
Old 09-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patf (View Post)
The Five-0 squad needs some time at the firing range. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
totally agree with that too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)

What is up with Steve and Danny's hair
i kept wondering that myself throughout the whole episode

on the whole i thought this was a good premiere episode. i am going to miss jerry though. he was so good on this show.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I finally caught up with last season and got to watch the premiere and it was awesome!! Oh how i missed Steve and the gang!!! I’m liking Quinn. She seems like a good addition. The episode was great. Gonna miss Jerry. I like the slow burn with Junior and Tani. I don’t know if I like Brooke with Steve. Love more Adam. Love more Steve. Love this show. Can’t wait to see what happens next. The show seems to just get better and better each season.
~jo♥jo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:51 PM
New Fan

love the episode but don't know how i'd feel about Quinn. She look and acts like Catherine that it kind of ruining the episode for me because don't like Catherine at all. Why can't the show have a woman who is fresh and different and not the same personity of a old charcater. And i'm sorry but i'd really hate Brooke with a passion and hope to never see this woman again she just rubbed me the wrong way. How are you going to demand a guy you know nothing about and who is the leader of a task force and has a dangerous job to demand to stop talking and don't answer your partner call. What if something serious happened to Danny and he was trying to call Steve for help or if they have a case and piss of Steve to agreeing to this woman demands after one date. Can't even picture Steve dating a soccer mom. Know wonder this woman got divorce she to controling. Sorry about the rant but part pissed me off and hope Steve come to his senses and dump this woman fast. Nobody comes between Steve and Danny
linda5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread