Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

News & Media & Ratings Thread! #24: WE’VE BEEN RENEWED!!!!

Hawaii Five-O News & Media & Ratings Thread!

<< Previous Thread >>

For photos, videos, and other media, please visit the Media Thread

Last edited by ~jo♥jo~; 04-18-2018 at 11:47 AM
Old 08-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Lena!
Old 08-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Steph
Old 08-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for more news
Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

With the show coming back next month we will get some news soon
Old 08-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

And, as always I'm

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

From TV Guide. It looks like the door for Grace return are still open. And we have confirmation that Ziggy Marley is back.

Where We Left Off: The team busted a sex-trafficking ring, but just stopping it on the island wasn't enough for Kono (Grace Park). So without telling anybody, she boarded a plane to the mainland to stop the perps in other cities too. Jerry (Jorge Garcia) finally became a full-badged member of the team, while Chin (Daniel Dae Kim) was offered a job starting up a task force in San Francisco. Oh, and McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) had just a teensy little bit of radiation poisoning from handling a dirty bomb earlier in the season.

The Scoop: Hawaii Five-0 had an uncommonly eventful offseason, with Kim and Park leaving the series over pay disputes. The show is going to have to deal with their sudden exits -- especially Kono's, since in the team's minds, she's MIA.

"It's difficult when a family member moves on from the fold, and they'll certainly be missed by all," executive producer Peter Lenkov tells TV Guide. "Hoping we can wrap up the Kono story at some point, which is one reason we're very excited to have Ian Anthony Dale returning." Ian Anthony Dale, of course, plays Adam Noshimuri, Kono's husband, who has been promoted to series regular in Season 8.

Chin's departure is far easier to explain - he did, in fact, take the new job in San Francisco. His vacancy on the team will pave the way for new series regular Meaghan Rath, who plays Tani Rey, a lifeguard who was kicked out of the police academy. "I'm honestly blown away by how well she fits into our world," says Lenkov. "It's like she's been with us from Day 1."

Beulah Koale is also joining as a series regular, playing Junior Reigns, a recently discharged Navy SEAL who asks fellow former SEAL McGarrett for a job. Other returning guest stars include Chris Vance and Ziggy Marley, and Joey Lawrence will make his H50 debut.

2017 Returning Fall Shows: Where We Left Off | Fall Preview | TVGuide.com

Last edited by Core 4; 08-23-2017 at 01:37 PM
Old 08-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting - interesting take on what has happened.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 08-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. Interesting on what's to come!
Old 08-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Passionate Fan

First official photos of Meaghan Rath as Tani Rey and Beulah Koale as Junior Reigns. It looks like Junior will debut in episode 8.03, not 8.04 as I thought. In the pictures with Juniors we have the title of the episode"Dog Days", and we know that Eddie will debut in episode 8.03. Besides, photo of Danny and Tani isalso from the episode "Dog Days", and as we know Danny will not be in 8.04. So all indicates that Junior will debut in episode 8.03.

Quote:
Following the exits of Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim, Meaghan Rath and Beulah Koale have joined the cast of Hawaii Five-0 as new members of the task force — and EW has a first look at her debut.

Being Human‘s Rath will play Tani Rey, whom McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin) recruits when he finds her working as a lifeguard at a hotel pool after she was kicked out of the Police Academy, despite being a first-rate candidate. “If you think about all the people that make up the family, they’re all broken toys in some way,” executive producer Peter Lenkov tells EW. “The opportunity to come together as a family came at the right time in their lives when they really needed it the most, and Tani is very similar to the way McGarrett collected the team in the first place. This is somebody who was kicked out of the Police Academy, somebody who clearly could be a good cop if given the opportunity, and McGarrett comes to her when really she needs it the most.”

Koale — who will star opposite Miles Teller in the upcoming film Thank You for Your Service — will portray Junior Reigns, a former Navy SEAL who just returned from serving his country and asks McGarrett, a fellow SEAL, for a job, hoping to repurpose his skills as a member of Five-0. Lenkov likens Junior to a much younger version of McGarrett. However, “Where McGarrett is very much of a rule-breaker, Junior’s more of a sort of by-the-book kind of guy,” Lenkov says.

ew.com/tv/2017/08/24/hawaii-five-0-meaghan-rath-beulah-koale-photos/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Last edited by Core 4; 08-24-2017 at 02:17 PM
Old 08-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for those! I so can't wait for this season!!
Old 08-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Passionate Fan

From EW. It looks like will be another crossover with MacGyver. And it looks like that this time crossover will be bigger. I think with Alex and Scott, and maybe two-parter, one episode in H50, and one episode in MacGyver. We'll see.

Should we be expecting another MacGyver-Hawaii Five-0 crossover this year? — Trey
If it’s up to Peter Lenkov — showrunner on both shows — the answer is yes. “The best thing about that experience was learning how to do it,” Lenkov says. “Because a big part of it is the time difference between Hawaii and Atlanta and getting the actors there and getting them to do their scenes and not affect production on both shows. I think we’ll be able to do it in a much bigger way the next time we do it.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Supernatural,' 'The Flash' and more
Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be great if they did do another one!
Old 08-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Peter Lenkov about Steve's, restaurant of Steve and Danny:

Here is something fun and different for Hawaii Five-0 viewers to sink their teeth into, as the summer hiatus winds to an end: the pie-in-the-sky restaurant unofficially dubbed Steve’s may take steps closer to becoming a reality during Season 8.

During TVLine’s Fall Preview Q&A with Five-0 showrunner Peter M. Lenkov, we asked which interpersonal dynamic, given all the between-seasons cast churn, has been “popping” for him on the dailies thus far. And his mind immediately went to a tried-and-true twosome. “The thing that’s really fun has to do with how Danny and McGarrett (played by Alex O’Loughlin and Scott Caan) have talked about opening this restaurant,” he said.

With Kono off to battle sex traffickers and Chin Ho enlisted to start up a San Francisco branch of Five-0, “A big part of last year and this year is talking about people’s legacies and what they leave behind,” Lenkov explained, “and [Steve and Danny] sort of start this side project” — related to the aforementioned Steve’s — “which is a lot of fun for them to be doing.”

Of course, successfully opening up a restaurant is a daunting proposition even for business partners of the same mind, let alone two guys with strong opinions. So don’t go booking your reservation via Open Table just yet.

“It’s a longterm thing,” Lenkov affirms. “And who knows — the way they’re sort of going at each other, and given their different points of view with regards to building this business as something to retire into, it may never even happen! Because it’s just one hurdle after another.”

But in success, I suggested, maybe the stage can be set for a workplace sitcom offshoot that would cause less wear-and-tear to Alex O’Loughlin’s famously weary joints? “Yeah, down the road,” Lenkov responded with a laugh. “Many years down the road. Season 15!”

‘Hawaii Five-0’ Season 8: Steve, Danny to Open Restaurant Together? | TVLine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread