Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Meaghan Rath | Tani Rey #1 ~ Because we can't wait to meet her!

Welcome..

To the 1th. Meaghan Rath/Tani Rey Appreciation Thread!

Biography

Meaghan was born in Montreal, Quebec. Her mother is of Goan Indian origin and her father is of British and Austrian Jewish descent. She has a younger brother, Jesse Rath, who is also an actor. She studied Cinema and Communications at Dawson College.

She had a passionate dream to be an actress from her early young age. According to certain sources, she had asked for an agent for Christmas when she was 7 years old. After she completed her studies, she made her film debut from her movie Lost and Delirious in 2001, in the film she had got a role of Allison's Friend No. 3. She was offered for role by a casting director, after seeing her at the Montreal School of Performing Arts. Ever since she jumped into film industry, she has been continuously welcomed by many film offers from different directors and producers.

Career

Film and Television

Meaghan Rath is most widely recognized for her role as resident ghost Sally Malik on the Syfy supernatural show "Being Human. The Montreal native found success in her late teens on the Canadian coming-of-age drama "15/Love" and went on to appear as a regular on the Hollywood-set sitcom "The Assistants," which aired for one season. In 2011, Rath got her big break when she was cast as one of three main characters on "Being Human," a North American remake of the popular British series. Co-starring Sam Witwer and Sam Huntington, this take on "Being Human," proved to be a hit, notably increasing Rath's fan base. After Being Human, she had recurring roles in such tv series as Kingdom, New Girl, Banshee, and Secret & Lies. After guest-starring roles, she joined to the two television series in regular roles, Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life, and later in season 4 of Rogue. In 2013, she appeared in the film Three Night Stand (she also debuted as executive producer), next to Sam Huntington and Emmanuelle Chriqui.

She won ACTRA Montreal Award in 2015 for Oustanding Performance - Female in Being Human. She also won Golden Maple Award for Newcomer of the year in a TV series broadcasted in the U.S. in tv show New Girl. Besides was nominated for Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series in Rogue. She also was nominated for Gemini Awards for Best Performance in a Childrens' or Youth Program or Series in 15/Love, and twice times nominated for Being Human - ACTRA Montreal Award in 2013 for Oustanding Performance - Female, and Canadian Screen Awards in 2016 for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role.

Tani Rey

McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin) recruits her to Five-0 task force after finding her working as a lifeguard at a hotel pool after she was kicked out of the Police Academy, despite being a first-rate candidate.

Fans...

1. Core 4 (Bartek)
2. Immunity (Lena)
3. witch with claws
4. Olderroswellfan

Last edited by Immunity; 02-17-2019 at 11:48 AM
Old 08-20-2017, 08:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I know I know.. I may have too quickly I created the thread, because she has not even made a debut in the show, so Lena as you think it's right to remove the thread, do it. But I can not help it, I'm so excited and I can not wait for her first appearance. I'm sure she will be amazing, because she is a great actress. I see her in one episode such tv series as Being Human, Banshee, Rogue, Flashpoint, Secret and Lies, Kingdom, Motive, New Girl, and Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life. And all that was said by people about her, everyone praising her acting, all awards, deserved it. She seriously is a great actress, besides she is very pretty, and I love her smile. Her character Tani Rey has a mysterious backstory, so her storyline has potential. She for sure bring to the show freshness. I can't wait to see her relationship with other members Five-0 (after several videos from the set of episode 8.01 with Alex/Steve, Scott/Danny, and Meaghan/Tani, it looks like will be chemistry between them). And looks like she will be baddass according a few clips.

Last edited by Core 4; 08-20-2017 at 09:01 AM
Old 08-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad I have the same feeling about her. Really looking forward to Tani.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bartek you did a great job and it's ok to open one afterall she is the new team member of Five-O right!!

Thank you Bartek I will add myself to the shippers list I am also looking forward to see her working with the rest of Five-O can't wait
Old 08-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

For those who have not seen, several videos from the filming scene between Alex/Steve, Scott/Danny, and Meaghan/Tani in episode 8.01:

Meaghan/Tani at work as lifeguard in episode 8.01:

I also found a few days ago a video from the set of episode 8.02 with scene between Scott/Danny and Meaghan/Tani:

Last edited by Core 4; 08-20-2017 at 01:37 PM
Old 08-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread! I am glad she is going to be on the show!!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the last video. Look how they're touching each other, it's cute
Old 08-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca (View Post)
I love the last video. Look how they're touching each other, it's cute
Me too Eve I hope this team will have a great chemistry to!!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing the newest team member in action. Thanks for starting the thread, Bartek.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 08-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Photo of Meaghan from August 6 in Monreal (Canada) at Hotel William Gray. Looks like it was a wedding reception, where both Meaghan and the man from the photo were present. After a brief description, it appears that the man from the photo is a fan of Being Human.

Quote:
@king_merad: #starstruck Just met Sally !!! 👻

And photo of Meaghan from August 12 in Hawaii at Kaka'ako Surf Club:

Quote:
@kakaako_surf_club: Even @meaghanrath heard about our famous acai bowl...her face tells it all(not an act) ✌ #hawaiifive0 #hollywood #actress #meaghanrath #kakaako #surf #club #honolulu #hawaii #best #acaibowl #intown
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Meaghan looks gorgeous!!!! I hope I gonna love her!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

I love her already
Old 08-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca (View Post)
I love her already
Me too.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am happy on this board there is nobody who is against her if I read some comments people saying she never can replace Grace I think come on people give the girl a chance!!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

I do not consider her as Grace's replacement, because Grace no one will replace. I consider her as someone new, who will be great and will bring a lot of cool and fresh things to the show and someone who fans will love. The identical situation is with Daniel and Beulah. I think it makes no sense to compare them, and even that is not fair to Meaghan and Beulah. Because they will never be Daniel and Grace. But that does not mean they will not be great as they were.

Last edited by Core 4; 08-22-2017 at 01:14 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread