Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THanks for that!
Old 03-24-2018, 08:00 AM
New Fan

I don't think it means they're completely over, just that they're thinking about what they had and figuring out they can still be friends. I know it sounds sort of final because they think sleeping together caused them to crash and burn, but this could be just for now. They can go from friends to lovers again and figure out it wasn't never a mistake after all.

I wouldn't call what they had a Friends turned FWB (friends with benefits) situation either, I think they already had feelings for each other when they started sleeping together. I've seen people saying these words suggest Steve never really truly loved her, but Steve wouldn't let his guard down and share his emotions if he didn't care for her, it's just not him (Catherine too), in my opinion. Nor would he buy her a ring and plan to propose if he didn't care for her deeply.
It seems like they are just trying figure out what went wrong and trying to mend things so that they can be friends again without the weight of their past. Alex shared very little (as he should) so it's hard to figure out how the episode and the storyline will play out (and Alex doesn't know much, Lenkov said he doesn't share much about story arcs). And he wasn't exactly right before when he commented about episode 7 of season 7. Things can play out differently again. Not to mention, he doesn't write the show, or at least doesn't write as much as people think he does, that's the writers and Lenkov's job. Alex might give input, but in the end it's their decision, and Lenkov seems to be set on bringing Catherine back over and over. And as long as she keeps showing, Steve won't be able to forget her. Even if she stopped coming back, I doubt he would ever forget her.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath4Sas (View Post)
I don't think it means they're completely over, just that they're thinking about what they had and figuring out they can still be friends. I know it sounds sort of final because they think sleeping together caused them to crash and burn, but this could be just for now. They can go from friends to lovers again and figure out it wasn't never a mistake after all.

I wouldn't call what they had a Friends turned FWB (friends with benefits) situation either, I think they already had feelings for each other when they started sleeping together. I've seen people saying these words suggest Steve never really truly loved her, but Steve wouldn't let his guard down and share his emotions if he didn't care for her, it's just not him (Catherine too), in my opinion. Nor would he buy her a ring and plan to propose if he didn't care for her deeply.
It seems like they are just trying figure out what went wrong and trying to mend things so that they can be friends again without the weight of their past. Alex shared very little (as he should) so it's hard to figure out how the episode and the storyline will play out (and Alex doesn't know much, Lenkov said he doesn't share much about story arcs). And he wasn't exactly right before when he commented about episode 7 of season 7. Things can play out differently again. Not to mention, he doesn't write the show, or at least doesn't write as much as people think he does, that's the writers and Lenkov's job. Alex might give input, but in the end it's their decision, and Lenkov seems to be set on bringing Catherine back over and over. And as long as she keeps showing, Steve won't be able to forget her. Even if she stopped coming back, I doubt he would ever forget her.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think it is completely over romantically for them. I think it's just the shows way of not letting fans feel like they are waiting for something to happen romantically each time she comes to guest star. I mean, if we are being completely honest, there have been many times that tv couples have tried to be friends with each other after breaking up because they can't live life without them in their life in SOME way, but in those cases they usually find their way back to each other eventually. They can easily fall in love with each other again.... (if they even fell out of love with each other. ).

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 03-28-2018, 04:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. I don't think it is completely over romantically for them. I think it's just the shows way of not letting fans feel like they are waiting for something to happen romantically each time she comes to guest star. I mean, if we are being completely honest, there have been many times that tv couples have tried to be friends with each other after breaking up because they can't live life without them in their life in SOME way, but in those cases they usually find their way back to each other eventually. They can easily fall in love with each other again.... (if they even fell out of love with each other. ).
Yeah, problem is the EP says "Watch and see" and "she'll always be part of the show", or even better "if I knew this was the last season [talking about season 6], she would've been in the finale" and then his star thinks it's over twice. It causes the fans to wonder if they're being led on. Like I mentioned before, I doubt Alex knows much in advance, but there's always a but...

IMO, this is happening for two reasons: 1)a certain part of the fanfom wants Steve and Danny together, that's why we hardly see their girlfriends, and why I think this how the show will be until the very last end of the last season. Then we'll see Steve and Danny quickly decide they want real happiness and go after Cath and Rachel, respectively. 2) For some reason they want Steve to be a player and go from girl to girl ( I wondered if it was because in the original Five 0 McGarrett didn't have a permanent girl so they wanted to do the same).

Either way, Steve's character beginning in mid season 6 is a stark contrast of what Steve was from day one - he never had a wondering eye and only had one woman. That change (and others) has made me less interested in watching since Steve was my favourite character. His ' poor me, she left me when I was going to propose' atittude is also annoying. Is she supposed to a mind reader and know he wanted something more without any sort of conversation? Seems like he also put work first when she came back, so she might have took his lead and realised things were going back to what they were - I have my job, you have yours and take it seriously we won't be together all the time but that's okay -so why the double standards? Other thing is how he handles Danny's 'colourful' words, but that's a whole other matter.

Yeah, I think Steve currently thinks he can live a happy life without her, but her showing up - not matter how far apart those visits are - and him thinking about her (I believe he did in S7 a few times) is going to wake up all those feelings again and make him think otherwise. I agree, they can easily fall in love again, or discover they never really fell out of love. Like I said before, I think those two wouldn't just say "I love you" if they didn't mean it, and Steve would've bought the ring if he didn't truly feel what he feels for Catherine, so i think they never really fell out of love.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, problem is the EP says "Watch and see" and "she'll always be part of the show", or even better "if I knew this was the last season [talking about season 6], she would've been in the finale" and then his star thinks it's over twice. It causes the fans to wonder if they're being led on. Like I mentioned before, I doubt Alex knows much in advance, but there's always a but...

IMO, this is happening for two reasons: 1)a certain part of the fanfom wants Steve and Danny together, that's why we hardly see their girlfriends, and why I think this how the show will be until the very last end of the last season. Then we'll see Steve and Danny quickly decide they want real happiness and go after Cath and Rachel, respectively. 2) For some reason they want Steve to be a player and go from girl to girl ( I wondered if it was because in the original Five 0 McGarrett didn't have a permanent girl so they wanted to do the same).

Either way, Steve's character beginning in mid season 6 is a stark contrast of what Steve was from day one - he never had a wondering eye and only had one woman. That change (and others) has made me less interested in watching since Steve was my favourite character. His ' poor me, she left me when I was going to propose' atittude is also annoying. Is she supposed to a mind reader and know he wanted something more without any sort of conversation? Seems like he also put work first when she came back, so she might have took his lead and realised things were going back to what they were - I have my job, you have yours and take it seriously we won't be together all the time but that's okay -so why the double standards? Other thing is how he handles Danny's 'colourful' words, but that's a whole other matter.

Yeah, I think Steve currently thinks he can live a happy life without her, but her showing up - not matter how far apart those visits are - and him thinking about her (I believe he did in S7 a few times) is going to wake up all those feelings again and make him think otherwise. I agree, they can easily fall in love again, or discover they never really fell out of love. Like I said before, I think those two wouldn't just say "I love you" if they didn't mean it, and Steve would've bought the ring if he didn't truly feel what he feels for Catherine, so i think they never really fell out of love.
Well said I agree on everything I also think Peter Lenkov who is a great fan of Michelle had other plans with McRoll but the fandom of McDanno made change his mind but I still believe Steve will marry Cath in the serie finale!!
Old 04-05-2018, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Well said I agree on everything I also think Peter Lenkov who is a great fan of Michelle had other plans with McRoll but the fandom of McDanno made change his mind but I still believe Steve will marry Cath in the serie finale!!
Yeah, I agree.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Passionate Fan

From EW. Alex again about Cath's return:

Any chance for a McGarrett and Catherine romantic reunion on Hawaii Five-0? — Harley
It sounds like Catherine’s return is more about the two realizing they’re better friends than anything. “I think it’s an important closure episode for those guys,” Alex O’Loughlin tells me. “They’re both sussing out how they feel, what happened, why it happened the way it did. There’s a couple of moments that highlight why it’s not necessarily McGarrett’s No. 1 relationship that he’s going to stay with. There are a few little differences that get highlighted, but there’s a lot of similarities as well.” Alas, O’Loughlin is not sure these two are endgame. “There’s so much water under the bridge and so much back and forth, and I feel like that, in real life, with that amount of tumultuous and emotional movement, it’s rare for something to work,” he says. “It’s often that you push something behind a certain point and you can hurt the friendship aspect of it as well. It feels like there’s a beautiful friendship there.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Originals,' 'New Girl,' 'NCIS: LA' and more | EW.com
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
From EW. Alex again about Cath's return:

Any chance for a McGarrett and Catherine romantic reunion on Hawaii Five-0? — Harley
It sounds like Catherine’s return is more about the two realizing they’re better friends than anything. “I think it’s an important closure episode for those guys,” Alex O’Loughlin tells me. “They’re both sussing out how they feel, what happened, why it happened the way it did. There’s a couple of moments that highlight why it’s not necessarily McGarrett’s No. 1 relationship that he’s going to stay with. There are a few little differences that get highlighted, but there’s a lot of similarities as well.” Alas, O’Loughlin is not sure these two are endgame. “There’s so much water under the bridge and so much back and forth, and I feel like that, in real life, with that amount of tumultuous and emotional movement, it’s rare for something to work,” he says. “It’s often that you push something behind a certain point and you can hurt the friendship aspect of it as well. It feels like there’s a beautiful friendship there.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Originals,' 'New Girl,' 'NCIS: LA' and more | EW.com

Thanks for posting Bartek.

Hmmm this doesn't sound good that they will be endgame afterall
Old 04-06-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Thanks for posting Bartek.

Hmmm this doesn't sound good that they will be endgame afterall
I mean, you never know because that is only the way Alex feels about it and his opinion. He isn't the writer so in the end, he really doesn't have much say in the matter. I am sure he gives input but that is all he can do. I still do believe that there is a possibility for them to be end game. I think this is just their way of not letting fans expect anything to happen every time Michelle guest stars. It's not really fair to the fans, so thats the way I see it.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I mean, you never know because that is only the way Alex feels about it and his opinion. He isn't the writer so in the end, he really doesn't have much say in the matter. I am sure he gives input but that is all he can do. I still do believe that there is a possibility for them to be end game. I think this is just their way of not letting fans expect anything to happen every time Michelle guest stars. It's not really fair to the fans, so thats the way I see it.
Then I pray you will be right..................... I hope the episode will give some kind of hope!!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Then I pray you will be right..................... I hope the episode will give some kind of hope!!
I sure hope so too.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I sure hope so too.
Just saw the promo and the promo pics looks we will get a lot of Steve/Cath
Old 04-13-2018, 07:25 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's his opinion and he even mentions real life, which the show isn't about at all. I mean, Steve dropped a nuclear bomb in the ocean near Oahu and nothing happened, how realistic is that? lol

Being friends is better than still being upset about what happened, so if the showrunners still want McRoll to be the endgame then this make it's better, in my opinion.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, it's his opinion and he even mentions real life, which the show isn't about at all. I mean, Steve dropped a nuclear bomb in the ocean near Oahu and nothing happened, how realistic is that? lol

Being friends is better than still being upset about what happened, so if the showrunners still want McRoll to be the endgame then this make it's better, in my opinion.
So true

I agree and so long they are friends we McRoll fans can still have hope that they will be endgame afterall.

I am so looking froward to tonight episode hope for a lot of McRoll scene's
Old 04-16-2018, 03:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

It's nice to have some closure I'm happy she is coming back I didnt think she will ever be back on the show
Closed Thread   Post New Thread