Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hawaii Five-O ~ News & Media & Ratings Thread! #25 : We can’t wait for any news about H5O!!

~~~ Welcome to the 25th ~~~

Hawaii Five-O Thread For!!
[ NEWS | MEDIA | RATINGS ]

Last edited by Immunity; 02-05-2019 at 11:26 AM
Old 09-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I might have to include this show along with Hawaii- 50
Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can’t wait to see what it’s like. MacGuyver didn’t catch my attention so hopefully this will.

TFTNT Lena I don’t usually go in this thread as I usually don’t like to know anything in advance about the show thanks!!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW Jo

I tried MacGyver but the lead character wasn't what I expected and also to young to play MacGyver
Old 09-22-2018, 12:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Don't like MacGyver either. But I have high hopes for Magnum
Old 09-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

WoW didn’t know many fans thought the same
Old 09-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Kimee (Noelani) talking with Alex, Scott, and Jay (from Magnum P.I.) about Hawaii:

Old 09-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

So Good loved it Kimee is awesome

They were schootging the 200 episode seeing their clothes and Danny looks HOT! And his Hair is perfect!
Old 09-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings season premiere

Quote:
Hawaii Five-O (CBS) – 0.9 -7.42 viewers
I was hoping for better ratings!!
Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Ratings season premiere

I was hoping for better ratings!!
I think it's a decent ratings when we look at ratings of H50 at the end of the previous season and what ratings have other tv shows of CBS.

Interview with Peter posted a few days ago:

Quote:
CarterMatt – So how long have you been thinking about doing a version of “Cocoon” on this show?

Peter M. Lenkov – Really, for a couple of years. It started with me trying to figure out how to do an episode where I could share a credit with [original Hawaii Five-O creator] Leonard Freeman. It really made sense to retell the pilot story, especially since it is the 50th anniversary. I’ve been trying to think about how to make it work and how to get the studio behind it. It’s a novel thing. I don’t know if it’s ever been done like this before — they do remake episodes of shows, but this was taking a two-hour pilot and distilling it into 42 minutes. It was a big job; it was bigger than I thought it would be.

Was there a challenge in looking at themes and elements from fifty years ago, and then trying to find a way to adapt them to the present? There are certainly some things that are different from the standard Hawaii Five-0 show now — the costume that you have Alex in with the mask (see above) is slightly terrifying.

That was the hardest part — getting Alex into the latex suit (laughs).

That had to be a fun conversation.

It works for the story, and I think he understood that. But the idea of sensory deprivation and trying to make sense of that was science fiction back in 1968. We sort of understand that technology a lot more now, so we’re making sense of it and also debunking it as well, which they did not do in that original show. Nobody questioned what it was or what it is and we do that.

Those are the challenges — it’s fun to take that story and modernize it. It was perfect for its day, but there’s definitely some dated elements to it that needed to be re-thought.

Where did bringing Wo Fat back come back into play here? There are probably a number of times you could find a way to bring him back, so why do it here?

Wo Fat was the villain back in that 1968 pilot, so I wanted to figure out a way to honor that and put Mark [Decascos] in the show even though he’s been dead for a number of years. I think it works. I’m hoping that people don’t figure out how he’s in there, but he’s in there.

The other thing that is out there about the premiere is Tani and the decision that she has to make about some potentially-incriminating evidence related to Adam. What can you say about that?

It starts right away with what she’s gonna do, whether she is going to tell McGarrett and how she is going to proceed with the fact that she found that gun. First of all, she has to confirm if it is the murder weapon or not. All of that stuff is going to play into the first half of the season.

I mean other than you of course, Ian Anthony Dale has to be one of the busiest people out there in between this show and Salvation. When are you going to get him back?

He’s coming back [around] episode 6. We’re not waiting too long.

Do you have sort of the same challenge with him right now that you did last year, not knowing whether or not Salvation is renewed and he may have to leave before the end of the season for that?

I think they’re going to make a decision on Salvation soon, but we don’t know. We’re trying to just use him in as many different episodes as we can.

I know McGarrett romantic subplots tend to be a bit polarizing since everyone seems to have an opinion on who he should or shouldn’t be with, but there’s a sneak peek out there for the premiere where it’s revealed that he and Lynn have broken up. Was that a choice that you made because of the character [Greer, played by Rochelle Aytes] that you are bringing in for the premiere, or are you playing up his single status down the road?

With the Greer character, you’ll see that there were people in his life before Catherine. That character plays into an arc that runs this season. Lynn is no longer in his life. We’ll see about Catherine. I don’t want to give anything away, but she’s always going to be a part of our show.

It’s already out there that Chi McBride is writing the Thanksgiving episode. How did that idea come about, and what was it like collaborating with him?

It was great. He actually, about a year ago, wrote a spec pilot, which I read and gave him notes on and we worked on a couple of drafts. It was really a great script, not surprisingly because he’s so talented and a great storyteller. He had this great idea for a Thanksgiving episode and he wrote it on spec. He told the network that he was writing a script — he never pitched it. He just wrote it and it’s our Thanksgiving episode. It’s really fun. Lou Gossett Jr. and Gladys Knight play his parents.

How much can you say about the story for the 200th episode?

There’s a lot of stuff on the internet. I saw period pictures that people are showing, so I think people are getting a sense of what the story is. It has to do with McGarrett’s grandfather and it also introduces us to the world of Chang Apana, a legendary HPD detective back in the twenties who turns out was an inspiration to McGarrett’s grandfather. He also was the inspiration for the Charlie Chan character, by the way. I had always wanted to honor him and his story. It introduces him as an HPD legend in this story.

Is there a Christmas episode this year?

There is, but there’s not a real theme to it. We’re not playing into the theme of it.

Is there anything else you want to set up about what’s coming this season?

I honestly think our stories are so different and they’re really so good. I think the Tani – Junior stuff, with them as more fully fleshed-out characters this year, is so amazing. They’ve really fit in to the family. Every story feels fresh and it’s shocking how much fuel we have in the tank. That’s a great thing given that we’re in our ninth year.

https://cartermatt.com/329829/hawaii...coon-premiere/

Last edited by Core 4; 09-30-2018 at 07:13 AM
Old 10-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know but the started higher last year I was hoping gor at least a 1.0

Great interview

That was the hardest part — getting Alex into the latex suit (laughs).

Quote:
With the Greer character, you’ll see that there were people in his life before Catherine. That character plays into an arc that runs this season. Lynn is no longer in his life. We’ll see about Catherine. I don’t want to give anything away, but she’s always going to be a part of our show.
That is giving me hope for Catherine to come back!!
Old 10-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Press Release and Promotional Photos for episode 9.04 and 9.05:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/ha...-aohe-kio.html

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/ha...e-mea-imi.html

I was wrong. Ian will back as Adam earlier. He will back in episode 9.06. Earlier I thought he would come back in 9.07 (200th episode).

Quote:
Question: Do you know if Adam’s case will be wrapped up quickly in Hawaii Five-0 Season 9? —Belle
Ausiello: It won’t be wrapped up that quickly, if only because Ian Anthony Dale was busy filming Salvation Season 2 and thus won’t physically return to Five-0 until the Nov. 2 episode. That being said, show boss Peter M. Lenkov assures that Adam’s story will remain an ongoing thread even in the character’s absence.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/02/sarah-...ril-returning/
Old 10-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Bartek

9.04 looks it Will be a touching episode.
9.05 I am not a fan of Halloween episodes somE I wait and see what is gonna happen.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Joe White is back. I think he will back in midseason finale. He will be filming his episode in October and this episode will be shot this month. And besides, in this episode, many characters will come back because this episode in the style of The Expendables. So I think I'm right.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Will this be the 200th episode Bartek because Peter have said we will see many old faces back for the 200th
Closed Thread   Post New Thread