Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I'm worried about that too.... if they do that it will be another huge mistake.... Kono and Chin have a great fan base, so the writers should invest more in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
Especially since they just added two more characters as main characters. All the others deserve to have SLs focused on them.

Me too Si, me too.

I thought I heard
Spoiler:
I completely agree Si; why can't she have a SL apart from Adam?!!
That's why I don't see why making Jerry a regular... he could be like Kamekona and appear from time to time, that would work perfectly.

Yeah there was a mention of that, but I think it will be only in one episode through flashback
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey don't you guys jinx the show about Kono and Chin having less screen time or no SL for them.
I like Jerry and Glover but I'm afraid they might take the spotlight away from the other 2 ^ but I hope it won't happen. I like to see more Max on the show too.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah... I'll try to remain positive until proven wrong... so let's hope that the writers will do a good job with new characters/leads from now on
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji (View Post)
Hey don't you guys jinx the show about Kono and Chin having less screen time or no SL for them.
I like Jerry and Glover but I'm afraid they might take the spotlight away from the other 2 ^ but I hope it won't happen. I like to see more Max on the show too.
I agree to not jinx it now but you know it is always the same with Peter L when fans likes a new character this character get's a overload on screentime look what happend with Cath.

I love Jerry and Kamekona because sofar they didn't take any screentime from Chin and Kono the episode where Jerry and Chin going to the school prom last year is one of me fav. but I have serious doubts about Grover this season.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, it's a clear problem that they don't know how to balance things... Catherine had such a great acceptance by the viewers but the moment she became a regular the writers exaggerated a bit with her (skills, screentime, excuses to be involved in the cases) that had a big part on why she stopped being a fan favorite.

Exactly! Jerry and Kamekona should be only recurrings, appearing from time to time and having a secondary role on the show. It worries me now that Jorge is a regular the same exaggeration will happen again.
And as for Grover, I'm still not happy about him being in the task force.... I don't get why the writers still are forcing people into the team when they haven't really explored the whole core four yet (all we get is Steve/Danny and Chin/Kono, what about the other partner ups?!)
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah! they really ruined Cath character in season 4 I know with Scott and Grace being absent at the beginning of the season we got a overload of Cath but after Scott and Grace came back they had to reduce her screentime IMO.

You totally right about Jerry and Kamekona should be only recurrings characters and not main, Grover I start to have really a hard time with him at the beginning I loved him, now not so much anymore he took over the show to much for me.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Moderator Manager

To me it was the fact that they made Cath too action good and the fact that they made her a member of the team (didn't like that at all). Like I said, she was a cool character with her intelligence stuff going on for her, and all of a sudden she became this incredibly kickass seal woman, and that just came out of the blue.
With Scott and Grace absent, I could understand her being around more, but it just didn't feel organic.

I totally agree, I like Grover, but he is another Lori, taking over the show! That's why I HATED him being part of 5-0... the whole interesting aspect of him was that he didn't agree nor took lightly Steve's action... and now he is a puppet working under Steve's order
Old 09-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
To me it was the fact that they made Cath too action good and the fact that they made her a member of the team (didn't like that at all). Like I said, she was a cool character with her intelligence stuff going on for her, and all of a sudden she became this incredibly kickass seal woman, and that just came out of the blue.
With Scott and Grace absent, I could understand her being around more, but it just didn't feel organic.

I totally agree, I like Grover, but he is another Lori, taking over the show! That's why I HATED him being part of 5-0... the whole interesting aspect of him was that he didn't agree nor took lightly Steve's action... and now he is a puppet working under Steve's order
I will wait and see, how Grover's addition to H50 will play out. I do have the feeling though that it won't be for the whole season. As for him being Steve's puppet, I think it would have gotten boring and irritating if Grover and Steve were at odds entire season. They both are on the same side after all and they need have each other backs. I do agree with you girls that Grover should naver have left SWAT. That's why I think there must by something else going on, maybe Scott Cann will have less screen time, now that he has a movie and his family grew bigger. We will have to wait and see.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the premiere of season 5 - the synopsis for this episode sounds very intense and I think we will have another explosive opening like season 4.

It seems my soft spot for this show is unlimited This is th only show I haven't stopped watching despite some really bad writing in season 3. Season 4 was very good, right after season 1 and now with addition of new writers I do hope the writing will be at least as good as it was in the best episodes of season 1 and 4.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't think it would be boring to have someone actually calling Steve out on his impulsive decisions... Because it's part of the show that 5-0 task can act how they want to get results, but Steve and co crosses the line way too much, and it only makes sense that not everybody should agree with that. I'm not saying that Grover should disagree with everything, but he is older and has more experience, so it would be nice to see someone actually saying to Steve (and the whole task force) that that way is not the right way.

I have high hopes for season 5 because like I said, the show was horrible for 2 seasons and yet they managed to get things back together, so I imagine that they'll use those seasons as learning material of what doesn't work in the show.
I'm having mixed feelings regarding the premise of the premiere, but I'm curious to see how it will go.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Extreme Fan

McDanno spoilers

NFL Hall of Fame inductee Eric Dickerson will play himself when McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin) runs into him in a bait shop on Oahu and takes a selfie with the football legend to make Danno (Scott Caan) jealous. The episode will air Friday, Oct. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). During his 11-year career as a running back, Dickerson became the seventh in his position to gain more than 10,000 yards and the fastest ever to do so, reaching the milestone in just 91 games.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the news, Slipca!!
I can already picture it, considering that Danny is a NFL fan It's going to be hilarious!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kono centric episode coming

Hawaii Five-0 Season 5 spoilers: Kono centric episode coming up & Greg Ellis joins | Unreality TV
Old 09-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the news, Anna!

Ohhh a Kono centric episode, I've been waiting for that since season 1
Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally!!!!!! a Kono centric epp can'wait
Old 09-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Moderator Manager

I really hope it'll be a great episode
Closed Thread   Post New Thread