Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Five-O Task Force Team & Ohana moments ~ 5 ~ Because we miss Ohana moments!

Welcome to the ...

Credit Si_Crazy

FIVE-0 Task Force
[ steve mcgarrett / danny williams / chin ho kelly / kono kalakaua ]
appreciation thread
no. 4

S u p p o r t e r s

001. Rinslet
002. Immunity
003. Lexipedia
004. AmericanDirrty
005. bluewhiteheart
006. retropanda
007. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
008. Considering Disobedience
009. BryceLarkinFanForever
010. ღmaybe this time
011. niam
012. montana_rosalie
013. Megz1989
014. somehowsundown
015. bryangreenbergfan
016, Kisara
017. Jemistry
018. Renji
019. Raguoc
020. steve&kono fan
021. ~lipstick
022. ≡IxX≡
023. Crazyfor5-0
024. B.Davis-Baker
025. Si_Crazy
026. Amorith
027. winchesterboyz
028. F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH
029. - Nina -
030. macelia
031. murphyboy11
032. fragileღheart
033. JMRamos

credit Kisara

V i d e o s

made by Dessy (somehowsundown)

made by macelia

P r e v i o u s l y
#01 | #02 | #03 | #04

Last edited by Immunity; 06-03-2015 at 12:02 PM
Old 10-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Moderator Manager

From the previous thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateofi (View Post)
Yes, it felt a bit off with very little screen time for Kono, Danny and no Max. But at least we saw more of Chin I guess the writers were trying to find the best way out of the difficult situation and from what I have seen the next episodes will bemore balanced - more H50 team and less Cath. And I do agree - this was a weaker episode all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
I admit it didn't excite me either, and admittedly what I saw of it, I didn't really care for it, despite the explanations that could be behind some of the stuff that happened (ie the premature exit of Billy)

I miss the whole team being together solving cases; Kono absence to me, while understandable, is really being felt. It does feel as if a wheel is missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I rewatch the episode and I am sorry you feel this way guy's I thought the cast and crew did a excellent job with what they were given with the absents of Kono, Danny and Max. I agree that the team looks broken without Kono but her small scene's with Adam were amazing the car chase was awesome and Adam getting capture to safe Kono was what I expected from Adam to do after his last week phone call with Chin.

Last year all we did was complaining how Steve treated Cath and now he stands by her side and take care of her comfort her, and it seems still it isn't good enough this SL with Billy is not over yet Cath blame's herself for Billy's dead which could effect her relationship with Steve. I admit my McRollins shipper heart was very happy with this episode great McRollins character development.

Next week Halloween not my cap of tea I don't like these episodes but I expect to see some great teamwork with Danny being back.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT SI

I am so sorry Si I am a bad co-mod I didn't notice it was time for a new thread
Old 10-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Like I said, I didn't watch the episode, so it's really not fair for me say anything... All my opinions regarding this is based on what I saw in the promo and press release and comments from people who did watch.

I did gather that for Cath and Cath/Steve it was a good episode

We can't exactly expect all episodes to be amazing, and a weak one between great ones are normal.
To me it seems that the main problem was the absence of Kono, Danny and Max (which had their own reasons, and since TPTB allowed them to, they probably should already be expecting not stellar reviews)

ETA No need to thank, Lena... it's the least I can do, considering I'm not as active in the discussions
Old 10-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I did gather that for Cath and Cath/Steve it was a good episode

We can't exactly expect all episodes to be amazing, and a weak one between great ones are normal.
To me it seems that the main problem was the absence of Kono, Danny and Max (which had their own reasons, and since TPTB allowed them to, they probably should already be expecting not stellar reviews)

ETA No need to thank, Lena... it's the least I can do, considering I'm not as active in the discussions
Yes it was

I agree every season has his high and low episodes even season 1

I think Peter allows Scott to do other things so he can keep him onboard for H5O, I think it better to be fair to the fans to point out in the press release if one of the cast will be absent it will avoid some hate post which I have seen all day on twitter that this show is becoming the Steve/Cath show and that Cath takes over Danny's job. I even have read that Alex, Grace and Scott don't want that H5O get's renewed for season 5 while at the same time we heard that Alex sign for two more years.

I get that when your favorite is not on the show you maybe will not enjoy the episode but don't blame that on other characters. Peter really needs to think of how many times someone get some time off to do other things because how it go's now it is not working well for the show.

You are a amazing co-mod and you still very active here considering how you feel about the show atm you are awesome!!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Yes it was

I agree every season has his high and low episodes even season 1

I think Peter allows Scott to do other things so he can keep him onboard for H5O, I think it better to be fair to the fans to point out in the press release if one of the cast will be absent it will avoid some hate post which I have seen all day on twitter that this show is becoming the Steve/Cath show and that Cath takes over Danny's job. I even have read that Alex, Grace and Scott don't want that H5O get's renewed for season 5 while at the same time we heard that Alex sign for two more years.

I get that when your favorite is not on the show you maybe will not enjoy the episode but don't blame that on other characters. Peter really needs to think of how many times someone get some time off to do other things because how it go's now it is not working well for the show.

You are a amazing co-mod and you still very active here considering how you feel about the show atm you are awesome!!
Exactly, it's impossible to have a show with only good episodes.

I think the same about TPTB being okay with their actors to do other stuffs while still involved in the show, but they have to set priorities... The fans are still the first thought that they have to keep in mind, and for a show that most people watch because of the interaction of the team, when one of the leads is already MIA, there should've been more restriction in allowing other 2 to also have fewer screentime.
As for the Steve/Cath show, I get why some people feel that way.... the moment TPTB decided not to make her part of the team, but still made her pretty much be part of it, they shot themselves in the feet. I have to say, Cath's development and use on the show as a regular is far from what I expected when it was announced that she was going to be a regular. She was supposed to be around when made sense, and I know that a lot of fans are happy and all, but her being involved in cases and carrying a gun acting like a law enforcement and all, is far fetched. I would much rather have her less involved in cases and action but actually having a SL than what is being done with her.
And yeah, Scott and Alex both signed 7 years contracted, but things do change, and since now they have a some sort of popularity, it makes it easier to receive big opportunities to participate in other projects that 4 years ago weren't a reality for them, so I get why they would not be so sad if the show didn't get picked up for another season. After all, H50 did serve its purpose for them, got them on the spotlight in the business, which in the end is what every actor wants.

You are the kindest person ever, Lena! But yeah, I love this board, and even though my feelings for the show have changed drastically over the past year, I still love to talk about it and all. The moment that either one of us think I'm being way too negative, than it will be time to step down. For the moment I want the show and the board to thrive

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 10-26-2013 at 11:02 PM
Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Exactly, it's impossible to have a show with only good episodes.

I think the same about TPTB being okay with their actors to do other stuffs while still involved in the show, but they have to set priorities... The fans are still the first thought that they have to keep in mind, and for a show that most people watch because of the interaction of the team, when one of the leads is already MIA, there should've been more restriction in allowing other 2 to also have fewer screentime.
As for the Steve/Cath show, I get why some people feel that way.... the moment TPTB decided not to make her part of the team, but still made her pretty much be part of it, they shot themselves in the feet. I have to say, Cath's development and use on the show as a regular is far from what I expected when it was announced that she was going to be a regular. She was supposed to be around when made sense, and I know that a lot of fans are happy and all, but her being involved in cases and carrying a gun acting like a law enforcement and all, is far fetched. I would much rather have her less involved in cases and action but actually having a SL than what is being done with her.
And yeah, Scott and Alex both signed 7 years contracted, but things do change, and since now they have a some sort of popularity, it makes it easier to receive big opportunities to participate in other projects that 4 years ago weren't a reality for them, so I get why they would not be so sad if the show didn't get picked up for another season. After all, H50 did serve its purpose for them, got them on the spotlight in the business, which in the end is what every actor wants.

You are the kindest person ever, Lena! But yeah, I love this board, and even though my feelings for the show have changed drastically over the past year, I still love to talk about it and all. The moment that either one of us think I'm being way too negative, than it will be time to step down. For the moment I want the show and the board to thrive
I agree Peter need to set priorities especially if one of the main cast already is on leave. There are always different circumstances why someone need some time off like last year when Scott mother died but for other projects such as working on a new book or a play is going too far. I know Patrick Dempsey is a autocoreur and does a lot of racing but Shonda not always give him permission to go if the SL needs Derek he have to send someone else in his place to race .

From the beginning of season 1 Peter always wanted another female on the team he have said that in interviews because the workload was to much for the core 4. After Jenna and Lori his only option was Cath. because fans knew her already and some loved her with Steve. First he needed to get Cath out the Navy and now ze is unemployed. Peter has a few option what to do with Cath character 1) She and Steve will go through a tough time bc Cath blame's herself for Billy's dead. 2 ) Cath will continue the business Billy just started. 3) Steve wants her on his team and TBH I think it will be number 3 bc like I said Peter always wanted a second female on the team.
Quote:
Cath's development and use on the show as a regular is far from what I expected
For me too I thought she would stay more on the background have a feeling Peter had other plans to with her character but all that changed when Grace got pregnant last season.

I hope the cast stay's together for another 2 seasons after that I'll will follow them wherever they go

Old 10-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Peter allows Scott to do other things so he can keep him onboard for H5O, I think it better to be fair to the fans to point out in the press release if one of the cast will be absent it will avoid some hate post which I have seen all day on twitter that this show is becoming the Steve/Cath show and that Cath takes over Danny's job. I even have read that Alex, Grace and Scott don't want that H5O get's renewed for season 5 while at the same time we heard that Alex sign for two more years.:
Hello Lena
Yeah, I also red speculations that Alex doesn't want H50 to be renewed which is strange because just few months ago he admitted in the interviews that he would not mind the show to go on for 7 seasons. Also, remeber that he has a second child with Malia Jones who lives and works in Hawaii. I guess some fans again misinterpret his words, just like they did when he was joking about crazy Moonlight fans. He got a lot hate for that comment. I guess now it looks like H50 may go on for another season as the ratings remain solid.
As for the cast, Grace Park is 37 or so, it's high time to have the first child, I cannot blame her for getting pregnant. Scott is a busy person and he likes to be versatile.
Anyway, I thinks some fans jumc to conclusions way too fast and it's later to convince them otherwise. They lack patience as well and they want everything to be fixed right now. After some bad calls in season 3, new writers have much to improve and so far they are cleaning up the mess from previous year. Of course there are still some things to be done.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I agree Peter need to set priorities especially if one of the main cast already is on leave. There are always different circumstances why someone need some time off like last year when Scott mother died but for other projects such as working on a new book or a play is going too far. I know Patrick Dempsey is a autocoreur and does a lot of racing but Shonda not always give him permission to go if the SL needs Derek he have to send someone else in his place to race .
Exactly! I think it is possible to allow the cast to have less screentime when they need to pursue other things or whatever... but the cast is already missing one of their leads, so they should be more careful in that.

Quote:
From the beginning of season 1 Peter always wanted another female on the team he have said that in interviews because the workload was to much for the core 4. After Jenna and Lori his only option was Cath. because fans knew her already and some loved her with Steve. First he needed to get Cath out the Navy and now ze is unemployed. Peter has a few option what to do with Cath character 1) She and Steve will go through a tough time bc Cath blame's herself for Billy's dead. 2 ) Cath will continue the business Billy just started. 3) Steve wants her on his team and TBH I think it will be number 3 bc like I said Peter always wanted a second female on the team. For me too I thought she would stay more on the background have a feeling Peter had other plans to with her character but all that changed when Grace got pregnant last season.
Well, in my opinion, and that's just what it is, I think that if the first two tries didn't work, he should really considerate if it's worth another try. I actually think it could be interesting having a new female in the team IF the writers had managed to deal with screentime when it was only the four of them. BUT that was a huge failure! Fans were/are very against having another person on the team exactly because of that (minus the haters, but I'll not consider them in this argument). When Lori was added, the amount of scenes she was compared to Kono and Chin were absurd. And yeah, I have issues with the way that the writers keep making it look like whoever it is, just because is part of the Navy or know how to carry a gun can be actively involved in a case... Have these people not heard of jurisdiction and procedure?!

PL never hid that he has a soft spot for MB and Cath, so of course he wants to give her a good spot on the show (which he failed because he should've already given her a proper SL). But the problem to me is, Cath went from an analyst to wonder woman in matters of episodes. If she had stuck to being an analyst, adding to the team a different skill, I could see something great in her future addiction to the team. But she has the exact same skills as the whole team so it's not a big leap to imagine that once she joins the team, the others will also lose a little of what makes them important to the team. She knows computer like Chin and Kono, she is super badass fighting like Steve, she is sassy like Danny, she is a sniper like Kono.... a character that is good in everything

But anyways, I think she will join the team, no matter what, so all we can do is hope that it goes well.

Quote:
I hope the cast stay's together for another 2 seasons after that I'll will follow them wherever they go

Well, I always cheer for a show as long as it's a good show. So, fingers crossed.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Exactly! I think it is possible to allow the cast to have less screentime when they need to pursue other things or whatever... but the cast is already missing one of their leads, so they should be more careful in that.
So true!!

Quote:
Well, in my opinion, and that's just what it is, I think that if the first two tries didn't work, he should really considerate if it's worth another try. I actually think it could be interesting having a new female in the team IF the writers had managed to deal with screentime when it was only the four of them. BUT that was a huge failure! Fans were/are very against having another person on the team exactly because of that (minus the haters, but I'll not consider them in this argument). When Lori was added, the amount of scenes she was compared to Kono and Chin were absurd. And yeah, I have issues with the way that the writers keep making it look like whoever it is, just because is part of the Navy or know how to carry a gun can be actively involved in a case... Have these people not heard of jurisdiction and procedure?!
In the first place PL made a huge mistake to tell in a interview that Lori would be the new love interest for Steve. It pissed many fans off because Steve we had already seen with Cath and also the McDanno fans didn't like it. aafter she was added to the team it was Lori all over the place and we saw kardly any scene's of Kono and Chin which was his second mistake.

Quote:
PL never hid that he has a soft spot for MB and Cath, so of course he wants to give her a good spot on the show (which he failed because he should've already given her a proper SL). But the problem to me is, Cath went from an analyst to wonder woman in matters of episodes. If she had stuck to being an analyst, adding to the team a different skill, I could see something great in her future addiction to the team. But she has the exact same skills as the whole team so it's not a big leap to imagine that once she joins the team, the others will also lose a little of what makes them important to the team. She knows computer like Chin and Kono, she is super badass fighting like Steve, she is sassy like Danny, she is a sniper like Kono.... a character that is good in everything

But anyways, I think she will join the team, no matter what, so all we can do is hope that it goes well.
No he didn't and if MB/Cath at that moment not was in Combat Hospital I think we never had to deal with Lori. If Cath becomes the new team member then I hope she will be like Nell (NCIS LA) a regular on the show but with less screen time then the main 4.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
In the first place PL made a huge mistake to tell in a interview that Lori would be the new love interest for Steve. It pissed many fans off because Steve we had already seen with Cath and also the McDanno fans didn't like it. aafter she was added to the team it was Lori all over the place and we saw kardly any scene's of Kono and Chin which was his second mistake.
Lori was all wrong from the very beginning.... They never went through with her skills, and she was more of a damsel in distress than anything else.... And then the amount of screentime was just the last straw.
And they had a lot of time to fix that, but no, instead all they did was make things worst. That's why I think that the addition of a new person, needs to be well thought before they jump in head first. One bad experience may not have affected the show so much, but fans aren't going to keep waiting forever or rewatching past mistakes repeating on the show. It's like calling the fans stupid and redoing a SL that already failed.

Quote:
No he didn't and if MB/Cath at that moment not was in Combat Hospital I think we never had to deal with Lori. If Cath becomes the new team member then I hope she will be like Nell (NCIS LA) a regular on the show but with less screen time then the main 4.
You're hopeful! I hope you're right, but I don't think that will be the path they will take. Cath has been shown as a field agent, there's no way they'll add her to the team to have less screentime. When she joins, she will have more, which IMO is the obvious next step
Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Lori was all wrong from the very beginning.... They never went through with her skills, and she was more of a damsel in distress than anything else.... And then the amount of screentime was just the last straw.
And they had a lot of time to fix that, but no, instead all they did was make things worst. That's why I think that the addition of a new person, needs to be well thought before they jump in head first. One bad experience may not have affected the show so much, but fans aren't going to keep waiting forever or rewatching past mistakes repeating on the show. It's like calling the fans stupid and redoing a SL that already failed.
Yeah! fixing things who are wrong is not their strongest point we had to wait till episode 2.16 before they did something. I agree they need to be very careful to added a new team member the best they can do I think let Cath continue working on Billy's firm.

Quote:
You're hopeful! I hope you're right, but I don't think that will be the path they will take. Cath has been shown as a field agent, there's no way they'll add her to the team to have less screentime. When she joins, she will have more, which IMO is the obvious next step
If I only knew how the main 4, Alex, Scott, Chin and Grace will think about adding a new team member Alex have said recently that the Bromance is the foundation of the show and he don't want that to change. But I also can inmagine that Grace wants less screentime so she have more time for her family. The best way to avoid trouble in the Fandom PL have to be open about it so we all know what to expect for the future.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Moderator Manager

I think that as far as the cast go, they would be beyond happy to have a new addition to the team. It's like if the writers do find balance on stuffs, a new addition might not change the dynamic and in fact add to the big picture.
The problem is that since the beginning the writers never mixed up teams, so it's always Danny and Steve working together and Chin and Kono. With a new member that will change drastically and it will annoy some fans. Like if Cath is the one who joins whenever she goes out with Steve, DAnny's fans will complain that she took his place; or if she tags along with Chin, the same will be said by Kono's fans. There is no balance, so no matter with whom the new member is paired up, someone else will suffer from screen time loss.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think that as far as the cast go, they would be beyond happy to have a new addition to the team. It's like if the writers do find balance on stuffs, a new addition might not change the dynamic and in fact add to the big picture.
The problem is that since the beginning the writers never mixed up teams, so it's always Danny and Steve working together and Chin and Kono. With a new member that will change drastically and it will annoy some fans. Like if Cath is the one who joins whenever she goes out with Steve, DAnny's fans will complain that she took his place; or if she tags along with Chin, the same will be said by Kono's fans. There is no balance, so no matter with whom the new member is paired up, someone else will suffer from screen time loss.
I have a feeling that indeed the cast will be happy with a 5th member and I am all for mixing up the teams would be awesome to see Danny pairing up with Cath. If PL continue to mixing up the teams fans will get use to it if it doing fair and they give every team member the same screen time.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm all for mixing up teams since the beginning.... too bad that's something that they do in one episode and then forget all about it for the next 5.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread