Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

End to an Era! Sadly we have to say Good-Bye!... H5O Thank you for 10 amazing years!!..

I am heartbroken by this news. Sad how this is happening.. I've always thought Five0 would end in a slow pace and relaxed way with last season announcement before they start filming it. This feels so rushed and out of the blue. (:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 will be coming to an end. The popular action crime drama series will wrap its 10-year, 240-episode run with a two-hour series finale on Friday, April 3.

Developed by Peter M. Lenkov, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as a reimagining of Leonard Freeman’s classic series and by Lenkov for the show’s entire run, Hawaii Five-0 has been a strong profit generator tor for CBS. In addition to its solid ratings performance, initially on Monday, and as a Friday anchor for the past seven seasons, Hawaii Five-0 has been a big international seller for CBS TV Studios, seen in more than 200 countries. Additionally, it was the last broadcast drama series to score a blockbuster off-network deal, landing $2 million an episode from TNT during the series’ first season on CBS.

“It’s never easy to say goodbye to a hit franchise that carried on the legacy of the original with such distinction while establishing its own signature style,” said Kelly Kahl, President, CBS Entertainment. “From episode one, Hawaii Five-0 has been a huge success for us. Thanks to the amazing talents of the producers, writers, cast and crew, it has played a key role for a decade on our schedule and helped establish our powerhouse Friday night. We cannot be prouder of its quality, longevity and are thankful for the passionate fan-devotion it inspired.”

Hawaii Five-0 will end its run with its original stars Alex O’Loughlin as McGarrett and Scott Caan as Danno. I hear both of their current contracts are up at the end of this season. O’Loughlin suffered a serious back injury during the early seasons of the show, and has been dealing with effects from it ever since. There was speculation that he may leave the show two years ago but he stayed on after receiving stem cell treatment. I hear this time around, he felt he could not continue. I hear the network explored continuing Hawaii Five-0 with Caan’s Danno and a new partner but, ultimately, everyone felt this was the right time
to end the series.

This show has been pretty much every waking moment for the last 10 years of my life,” said O’Loughlin. “Everywhere I go on this planet, in every language, I am McGarrett to all these people. What we’ve done, what we’ve accomplished, it’s extraordinary. I can’t really put words to express my level of gratitude. I’m just glad to have been a part of this, a part of history and I’m going to miss it. And to the fans, I don’t know how to thank you guys. Thank you for following us the way you have. I’m going to miss you. Aloha.”

Launching a Hawaii Five-0 reboot had been a top priority for CBS TV Studios for more than a decade. There were multiple unsuccessful attempts with other writers and producers until Lenkov came on board, teaming with Kurtzman and Orci for the pilot. It was the first of a slew of successful reboots Lenkov has delivered for CBS and CBS TV Studios.

Karen Neal/CBS
“Hawaii Five-0 has been such a blessing to me and all of the people who have worked on
this incredible show,” said Lenkov. “I truly learned the meaning of ‘ohana’ as the viewers embraced us and the people of Hawaii welcomed us with the privilege to film on their shores. I am forever indebted to the creative genius that was Leonard Freeman who gave us such a beautiful story to begin with. And my eternal gratitude to our cast, led by our hero Alex O’Loughlin, the writers, the production team, our CBS ohana, and most importantly – YOU, the fans, who allowed us to come to work with pride and made our series such a success. Mahalo.”
SOURCE!

Last edited by Immunity; 03-01-2020 at 06:49 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:42 AM
Extreme Fan

The worst thing to wake up to. Can't believe this is happening. Didn't see it coming I was really confident about the renewal. It seems they were ready to continue without Alex but eventually decided It will be better to end the whole show. So I think that something happens and Steve will decide to leave the team.

When you look back I think they tried to tell us the show will end. Remember the talk between Steve and Danny when Doris died? It sounded like Steve wants to quit.
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

no good news to see, first thing in the morning.

very sad to hear that, but at least we know now.

and if alex's health is the reason I totally understand the decision. there is no need to ruin that even more. it is the most important part in ones life.

and I don't want to see a new partner for danno, so in my opinion it is better to cancel the show.

still sad though.
wonder what stories will be finished and wich will still have open questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca
Remember the talk between Steve and Danny when Doris died? It sounded like Steve wants to quit.

So I think that something happens and Steve will decide to leave the team.
yes, it did, but he was in a very dark place then. didn't think he would really do it.

just hope it won't be another loss.
let's just hope he is tire of everything and needs to do something else.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca (View Post)
The worst thing to wake up to. Can't believe this is happening. Didn't see it coming I was really confident about the renewal. It seems they were ready to continue without Alex but eventually decided It will be better to end the whole show. So I think that something happens and Steve will decide to leave the team.

When you look back I think they tried to tell us the show will end. Remember the talk between Steve and Danny when Doris died? It sounded like Steve wants to quit.
I always thought it would be Scott who wanted to leave first I never expected it would be Alex. I never expected we would hear it just for the last 5 episodes of this season. I have a big problem with that I wanted a final season now I am scared that the writers had to put in to much to give the show a decent end.

I don't think the show would have been the same without Alex so yeah if he wanted out than it better to end now. I hope one day we get why he wanted out I don't think it is because of his health but that is just my opinion.

I saw that because Steve mom just died not that he wanted out.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I always thought it would be Scott who wanted to leave first I never expected it would be Alex. I never expected we would hear it just for the last 5 episodes of this season.

I have a big problem with that I wanted a final season now I am scared that the writers had to put in to much to give the show a decent end.

I don't think the show would have been the same without Alex so yeah if he wanted out than it better to end now. I hope one day we get why he wanted out I don't think it is because of his health but that is just my opinion.
not sure if alex really wants to leave, but sometimes you have to decide between two good things. if it is your health/family or your job the decision should be clear. (if you can afford it at least)

a final season where we could have prepared would have been great and yes, I am a little scared about that too.

think that too, (but I already said that.)
don't know if this is the real reason or not, but he has said that since years.
(didn't know he already needed stemcell treatment. looks serious to me then.)
I always thought he should have left that work to the stuntmen....they know what they are doing.....
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Such a sad day , im sad bur i understand the decision his health and family is so important i just wished we could of prepared eailer... going to miss them
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

I wish I had not woken up to this. Although if Alex wasn’t continuing, there was no way to keep going. Even bringing in these new characters couldn’t be enough for the show. The show is about Steve. It’s not about the others. I don’t think you could recover from losing him. This seasons been a struggle for me since we see less of him.

That being said, I do hope it’s not one of those endings where everyone goes their separate ways and they all move from Hawaii never to see each other again. Those make me so sad. I just need to know my ohana stays together.

I am so sad. I needed time to prepare. I wish we had known sooner.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg!!! I have the flu. I’m sick and disoriented and I wake up to this I thought we had a few more seasons or at least one more. Not this is it. This season and we are done. No more Steve, no more Danny, Tani or Junior or Grover what a sad, devastating day for us.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still can’t believe it the whole day I am a mess

From what I hear on the media is that the fans are mad that they announced it with only 4 episodes left to air.

And I can’t blame them I feel the same we all knew that the serie would end some day I wish they had let it know us sooner

But I have to respect Alex's decision. He gave his all to this show. IMO, it's only fair to end it on his terms. McDanno will life forever because these two are friends for life Scott didn’t want to continue without Alex. So CBS and Peter Lenkov had not choice than to end it.

Last edited by Immunity; 02-29-2020 at 03:48 PM
Old 02-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm so heartbroken. Like never before with any tv show. I have been watching the show since September 2010, no series has affected me that way. I have DVDs of all seasons, I watched most episodes several times, I run a Polish fanpage.

The fact that Hawaii Five-0 will end some day I know for many, many years, since season 4 or season 5 every year there was fear that it would end. But it hurts me the most that we find out about it a month before the end of the show and a few days before the end of filming. Not to mention that there are many indications that the finale was not written as the final of the series. It looks like the CBS wanted to continue the show without Alex, but at the last moment they changed their mind, and I suspect that beacuse of that they could not change much of the plot in the finale. It is a pity, because I wanted PL and the rest to know about the end of the show before the season, or at least in the middle, to finish as he wanted.

I'm afraid on April 3 that after the finale I'll never watch the show again if they end up the wrong way..

PS. And I was right about script..

Last edited by Core 4; 02-29-2020 at 10:22 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
I'm so heartbroken. Like never before with any tv show. I have been watching the show since September 2010, no series has affected me that way. I have DVDs of all seasons, I watched most episodes several times, I run a Polish fanpage.

The fact that Hawaii Five-0 will end some day I know for many, many years, since season 4 or season 5 every year there was fear that it would end. But it hurts me the most that we find out about it a month before the end of the show and a few days before the end of filming. Not to mention that there are many indications that the finale was not written as the final of the series. It looks like the CBS wanted to continue the show without Alex, but at the last moment they changed their mind, and I suspect that beacuse of that they could not change much of the plot in the finale. It is a pity, because I wanted PL and the rest to know about the end of the show before the season, or at least in the middle, to finish as he wanted.

I'm afraid on April 3 that after the finale I'll never watch the show again if they end up the wrong way..

Same here I never was so invested in a show before as with H5O I watch from the beginning and being a moderater on the board here for 10 seasons .

Yeah every year we were wondering if the show would pick up for another season TBH I never expected it would run for 10 years but with the strong rating the last years I saw this show running for more than 12 seasons.
That is exactly my problem to that they give us this news just before the last few episodes I am scared for the finale and the way they will finish this show I have a feeling that we only get to hear what will happen in the future with the characters but no real storyline I think that Peter L did’t expected this new either and he will not have the time to change the serie finale it would have been better if we had got a season 11 with only 10 episodes so we got used to the idea that the serie comes to his end.

I haven’t watch last night episode and don know if I gonna watch maybe I safe the last few episodes so that I have something left maybe stupid I don’t know but I feel really sad atm.

And to tell you the truth just two weeks ago I told Jo I would step down as moderater because my real life was so busy lately and now the serie ends most likely so does this board.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Something tells me that the finale will be a heartbreaking one, just by the pic of Scott’s stuntman,

Alex quitting is the right decision for him and as it has been said if Alex quits Scott will too, it’s both or not at all.

I am just so sad it’s ending. I hope grace and Charlie are in it.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm the literally the same but in the Czech version I run a Czech fanpage and I'm not ready to stop

This day...it's so hard for me but seeing I'm not the only one and the feeling we all in this together helps a little bit. I'm a real mess. Sitting the whole day in front of a laptop, trying to pull myself together. I feel like I lost something very dear to me. I can't believe I'm feeling that way it's "just" a TV show, no one's dying but damn it's so hard. 10 long years. I've never been attached to something like that. I should be at work this Saturday but I'm on working holiday (is this the right word? ) and man I'm so glad I'm at home because I have no idea how I could handle it at work.

I didn't want to watch the newest episode either. I wasn't in the mood but I eventually watch it and it was great. You should watch it Lena. There are some funny moments which help me a little bit

Call me a naive but I still have high hope we will get a proper ending.
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

This just sucks

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
LoyalFreakLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca (View Post)
I'm the literally the same but in the Czech version I run a Czech fanpage and I'm not ready to stop

This day...it's so hard for me but seeing I'm not the only one and the feeling we all in this together helps a little bit. I'm a real mess. Sitting the whole day in front of a laptop, trying to pull myself together. I feel like I lost something very dear to me. I can't believe I'm feeling that way it's "just" a TV show, no one's dying but damn it's so hard. 10 long years. I've never been attached to something like that. I should be at work this Saturday but I'm on working holiday (is this the right word? ) and man I'm so glad I'm at home because I have no idea how I could handle it at work.

I didn't want to watch the newest episode either. I wasn't in the mood but I eventually watch it and it was great. You should watch it Lena. There are some funny moments which help me a little bit

Call me a naive but I still have high hope we will get a proper ending.
Yeah it feels indeed good to be here together Evie. today I had my sister and friend on the phone and when I told them that I was sad because of the show ending they laughed and said there are way worse things in the world and you a really crying about a stupid TV show come on be a adult so for the rest I told nobody.

This is my safe place to talk about H5O whatever I want. When the show is over I really will gonna miss all of you

Last edited by Immunity; 02-29-2020 at 03:36 PM
Reply   Post New Thread