Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Commander (Steve McGarrett | Alex O'Loughlin) # 15 ~ A Navy Seal in Uniform or Tux Steve make us drooling all the time!

Welcome to the 15 th

Alex Pics

Biography

Alex O'Loughlin (born Alexander O'Lachlan on 24 August 1976 in Canberra, Australia) is an actor, currently starring in the CBS television series, Hawaii Five-0 as Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett. His best known earlier roles include Kevin Hiatt in The Shield and Mick St. John in Moonlight, and romantic comedy film, The Back-up Plan, where he starred alongside Jennifer Lopez, which grossed $ 77,237,270 million. He is also the current ambassador for Donate Life America.

O'Loughlin (pronounced O’Locklan, and spelled O'Lachlan until he reportedly changed it to honour his late grandfather) was born in Canberra, Australia. He is of Irish and Scottish descent. He was educated at Hawker Primary School and has a sister who is one year younger than he is. His year of birth has been given, variously, as 1975, 1976,1977, and 1978. His father is a physics and astronomy teacher in Sydney, Australia and his mother is a nurse. His parents got divorced when he was two years old and this was particularly hard on him growing up. He suffered from asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD) and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Like many small boys, he wanted to become a jet fighter pilot when he grew up, but was told by his teacher that it was an unlikely dream as he suffers from asthma. A painful memory that recently evoked the response, “Always teach children to reach for the stars.” He was a fan of heavy metal music and Monkey (TV Series). Playing dress up with items out of an old trunk was a favorite pastime for young Alex. He has fond memories of often donning a white clown suit with big red polka dots. School was a continuous struggle, caused by learning difficulties that were compounded by ADHD and OCD, and he left when he was 14, after which he held all manner of jobs in a wide range of fields.

He enrolled at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney, Australia in 1999. Despite a challenging first year, he went on to graduate from NIDA in June 2002, after completing their highly competitive three-year, full-time Bachelor of Dramatic Art program, to which only a limited number of students are accepted annually.

In 2007, it was rumored that the late AC/DC front man Bon Scott was O'Loughlin's biological father; however O'Loughlin has stated that this was not true.

Career

Acting held the biggest appeal and O'Loughlin was already working in short film and fringe theater as a teenager in Sydney. One of the first acting jobs he recalls is being an extra in a commercial, playing a marine.

After graduating from NIDA, he began his career in Australian television and film productions and some of his TV credits include roles in BlackJack: Sweet Science, Love Bytes and White Collar Blue.

His film career started off in 2004 when he landed his first lead film role in Oyster Farmer. Continuing his career O'Loughlin appeared in Man-Thing, Feed, and in the Australian mini-series The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant for which he received a nomination as the Best Lead Actor in Television from the Australian Film Institute Awards in 2005 and as Most Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series from the Logie Awards in 2006. O'Loughlin joined the cast of The Shield in 2007 as Detective Kevin Hiatt, the newest member of the strike team.

In 2005, he screen-tested for the movie role of James Bond. As he told one interviewer: "I met with [director] Martin Campbell here in Los Angeles at his office on the Sony [Pictures] lot and he asked me to fly to London and test and we tested at Pinewood [Studios]. It was the biggest screen test I've ever done. It was very comprehensive. I had tuxedos and suits cut for it and hair cuts." Alex also performed alongside actor Justin Chatwin in the 2007 film The Invisible. He portrayed Marcus, the boyfriend and partner in crime of Annie Newton, boosting and stealing cars.

He left The Shield after he won the lead role on the CBS series Moonlight, where he played private investigator and vampire Mick St. John. The filming of Moonlight was interrupted by the Hollywood writers strike. There was speculation that the series would be dropped but fan pressure prevailed and the show was given four additional episodes to try to regain its audience share. Despite being the highest rated show in its Friday evening slot (consistently achieving over 7 million viewers), CBS did not commission a second season. After its cancellation, a fan-based charity campaign to win a second-season renewal for Moonlight by holding blood drives proved unsuccessful.

In August 2008, it was announced that CBS had signed a talent development deal with O'Loughlin as the star of a TV series to be developed by writer Mark Gordon, but it never materialised.
However, he was subsequently cast in the lead role of the new CBS hospital drama Three Rivers, developed by producer Carol Barbee, which aired Sunday evenings in the 2009–10 season. In April 2009, he guest-starred in an episode of Criminal Minds as a serial killer who asks the BAU for help. In December 2009 CBS pulled Three Rivers from its schedule.

O'Loughlin recently starred alongside Jennifer Lopez in the 2010 romantic comedy film The Back-up Plan.

In February 2010, it was announced that O'Loughlin was cast in the CBS reboot Hawaii Five-0 portraying Lieutenant Commander (LDCR) Steve McGarrett, which premiered on September 20, 2010, and has been one of CBS' most successful new shows of the 2010-11 season. Hawaii Five-0 won "Favorite New TV Drama" at the 2010-11 People's Choice Awards.

Personal life

He resides in West Hollywood, California but lives in Honolulu, Hawaii while filming Hawaii Five-0. His son, Saxon, was born when Alex was 20 years old. He and his son's mother split and Saxon resides in Australia with his mother but visits O'Loughlin frequently in the US. "I have a son. I kinda keep him out of the press. That’s how we do it. But the joy of fatherhood, it’s been the greatest gift.".

He split from long-time girlfriend, the Australian actress/singer Holly Valance in February 2009. In November 2011 at the GQ Australia Awards, he confirmed he is dating Hawaiian professional surfer and model Malia Jones. He is quoted as saying about Malia: "I am a very lucky guy and very happy at the moment. She's amazing He enjoys reading, outdoor activities, riding his motorcycles, martial arts, boxing, writing his own music, playing the guitar and enhancing his so called "mad skills" such as fly fishing, whip cracking, juggling, and cooking. He has said to TV Guide, "I’m more like one of those jacks-of-all-trades, master of nothing." He currently has six tattoos.

Reasons List why we love him!
Because he has an amazing Australian accent
Because he is an amazing actor
Because he owns the night!
Because we wanna take advantage for eternity
Because we can't get enough of him...
Because Perpetual Coolness is Alex's curse
Because he was actor of the year in Australia
Because he can talk with his eye's
Because he is the reason I watch Hawaii Five-O
Because seeing one picture of him is enough to kill everyone!

Fans

1. ღEmrys
2. red wine stains
3. lisagslack14
4. Enigma
5. Considering Disobedience
6. Nad
7. Karma Police
8. Talkative One
9. pinkpaisley
10. jakesprincess
11. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
12. ~♥~My Lonely Angel~♥~
13. kellie101
14. murphyboy11
15. Josie2288
16. bloomy
17. carolilly
18. *Fatima*
19. deejay0212
20. MelMelx
21. jayta
22. AmericanDirrty
23. bluewhiteheart
24. Stubborn Tomato
25. Lexipedia
26. myys_PL
27. ail
28. retropanda
29. Sheree-Lynn
30. Emsea
31. point0fn0return
32. ღDonna L. Crawford
33. lenaMD
34. niam
35. FabFourLover
36. hellojojo123
37. Natasja1982
38. ღmaybe this time
39. boulevardreams
40. somehowsundown
41. ≡IxX≡
42. Puck's Girl
43. Pankizabeth
44. montana_rosalie
45. tvchick1191
46. Megz1989
47. Irene_
48. so·lil·o·quy
49. Kaylee123
50. Kisara
51. Mimmie
52. Make A Wave aka Jessica
53. bryangreenbergfan aka Stacy
54. Andra
55. Crazyfor5-0
56. Arabella Jade Lautner
57. winchesterboyz
58. RainbowChaser
59. B.Davis-Baker
60. Si_Crazy (Si)
61. Crazy4Ray (Fran)
62. Iara_Cangel
63. - Nina -
64. mckono
65. flightless♥bird
66. ateofi
67. OneillTwo"LL"s
68. Red Diamonds (Angie)
69. fragileღheart
70. Summer Falls
71. JMRamos
72. Jon_Robb66

Future title suggestions

Because they way he looks at you makes us melt!!
Because he brightens up your day when you see a picture of him!!
Because For us he's the Sexiest Man Alive! *drool*
Beside being a great actor he is also Ambassador for Donate Life another reason wy we love this man!
Because he will use gernades, shark tanks, and hanging suspects over a building to get the job done!
When it comes to Alex..we have no power over our hearts!

Career Lieutenant Commander Steven "Steve" McGarrett

credit to incanta art(LJ)

Lieutenant Commander Steven "Steve" McGarrett, USNR, a former Navy SEAL with time spent in Office of Naval Intelligence. He is named after his grandfather, a USS Arizona casualty. McGarrett's father is murdered in the pilot episode, and this forms the basis for the series' first story arc. He is both physically and intellectually capable, being able to speak Hawaiian and Chinese fluently while also being able to engage a person in hand to hand combat as well as utilizing fieldcraft when needed. McGarrett utilizes close quarters combat as his primary means of taking down suspects, something he was taught during SEAL training. He is an experienced Navy SEAL, having graduated from the United States Naval Academy at the head of his class BUDS 203 and working in naval intelligence before joining the SEALs .

Five-year-old Steve wanted to be a cop when he grew up.

Has worked on “the other side” as a sniper.

Learned to sew in the boy scouts.

Stays active by swimming and hiking.

Steve has received the Special Warfare Insignia (SEAL Trident) and Naval Parachutist.

Awards and decorations:

Annapolis, five years Naval Intelligence, six years with the SEALS - superiors say that he’s are the best that they have ever seen.

Some Alex/Steve Icons

Credit Si_Crazy

Recent Moments
New recent moments will be posted after the hiatus!

Previous Threads

**If you see any art here that is yours, please comment so we can credit you!

Last edited by Immunity; 10-08-2014 at 11:11 AM
Old 10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

From previous thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipca (View Post)
look at our boy

Great job Alex can't say the same about the other two man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Diamonds (View Post)
*___*I saw Alex inna movie with JLo these days he was pretty awesome as usual

Awww The Back-Up Plan suchs a nice movie Alex was amazing in it
Old 10-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Never figured out how this hula hoop thing works maybe Alex can teach me

and TFTNT
Old 10-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

you wish

No problem Slipca
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I'll ask him next year
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me to the list of fans. I was going to ask but I forgot.

I have ADHD like Alex too.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)

I used to play hula hoop a lot when I was little. It was plenty of fun and I was really good at this
Old 10-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I've added you Jon_Robb66 welcome here

Alex has it under control now hope same go's for you!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 10-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Really am glad that Steve is becoming the guy I began to love as really did not like him in season 4. Really season 5 is showing the Steve I used to love. When he is not being overbearing or controlling.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome Angie

Quote:
Really am glad that Steve is becoming the guy I began to love as really did not like him in season 4. Really season 5 is showing the Steve I used to love. When he is not being overbearing or controlling.
Sofar I am loving McDanno Steve is back to normal and Danny shows us what a wonderful cop he really is instead of whinning all the time.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I've added you Jon_Robb66 welcome here

Alex has it under control now hope same go's for you!

I have it under control.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have it under control.
Great to hear
Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Great to hear
:hugs: I have to keep focus and other things too.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread!!

I LOVE that video!!!! Alex really knows how to do the hula hoops
Closed Thread   Post New Thread