Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateofi (View Post)
So true. I have seen a single positive comment on any board concerning the SL story. Fans were angry and bitter that H50 turned into a soap opera. Not to mention that the characters were suddently replaced by their uncool clones - I could hardly recognize Steve and Danno. They were so annoying very often.
Anyway, the first thing with Wo Fat/ Steve being brothers was dismissed quickly so that's a good start. Just please don't turn Joe into liar again :
I'm also looking forward to Grace coming back to the show - I wonder how she works now when she needs to feed the baby? It must be exhausting - to be on set and also take care of the new born bundle of joy

Also, Alex can teach me self-defense any time
Charity Women’s Self Defense Seminar by @EganInoue and #AlexOLoughlin | H50BAMF Tumblr

Why do they say that H5O is turned into a soap opera I don't get it because of this season where we finally see a Steve acting like a boyfriend should be doing to his girlfriend. And if H5O is a soap so are many other shows like Castle and Bones. I am glad how they changed the characters this season for the first time I am loving Danny, I love Steve more then last season. McDanno is great, Chin we we see more now and Doris is nowhere to be seen and I love the now addition of Chi McBride. Great news that Grace is back on set I missed her a lot but I knew that when this season started. My only wish is that the Doris/Wo-Fat/Shellburne case will be over ASAP!!!

If I would live in Hawaii I did not think twice I would run to these classes how wonderful could it be to fight with Alex
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Why do they say that H5O is turned into a soap opera I don't get it because of this season where we finally see a Steve acting like a boyfriend should be doing to his girlfriend. And if H5O is a soap so are many other shows like Castle and Bones. I am glad how they changed the characters this season for the first time I am loving Danny, I love Steve more then last season. McDanno is great, Chin we we see more now and Doris is nowhere to be seen and I love the now addition of Chi McBride. Great news that Grace is back on set I missed her a lot but I knew that when this season started. My only wish is that the Doris/Wo-Fat/Shellburne case will be over ASAP!!!

If I would live in Hawaii I did not think twice I would run to these classes how wonderful could it be to fight with Alex
Well said. I couldn't agree with you more. Totally agree with your comment. I love Steve being a thoughtful boyfriend in this season. And actually for the first time I kinda like Danny (because Danny seems to be the biggest McRoll shipper, he's always being protective of McRoll haha). I have to say that I neither hated him nor liked him before. This season has been doing really good so far.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Moderator Manager

I actually think that H50 has become a soap opera since last season. Part of the reason why the show lost a lot of its spark IMO.
But Lena is right... Bones has also turned into a soap opera since season 5 (dropped that a long time ago). As for Castle (I also haven't watched for more than a season) it already began to be soap opera the moment they made Kate's mom's murder being that huge conspiracy Ewww. So, shows should differentiate their genres. There's a reason NCIS and Criminal Minds holds so much success after so long. We like having the characters have a life, but we don't want to know too much about it.

It's cool that Alex is always engaged in those event with Egan. And nice attitude to teach self defense to women. I think every women should learn that!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I actually think that H50 has become a soap opera since last season. Part of the reason why the show lost a lot of its spark IMO.
But Lena is right... Bones has also turned into a soap opera since season 5 (dropped that a long time ago). As for Castle (I also haven't watched for more than a season) it already began to be soap opera the moment they made Kate's mom's murder being that huge conspiracy Ewww. So, shows should differentiate their genres. There's a reason NCIS and Criminal Minds holds so much success after so long. We like having the characters have a life, but we don't want to know too much about it.

It's cool that Alex is always engaged in those event with Egan. And nice attitude to teach self defense to women. I think every women should learn that!
I am a fan of all these shows you have said here above Si I love crime shows and shows who shows the fans more private moments of the characters the so called (soap opera's) I think there's an audience for both, Bones is in his 9th season and Castle in his 5th. and both have a huge fanbase. I think H5O is hanging between both genres same go's for Blue Blood and looking at the ratings this season which are better then I expected on Friday and the grow in viewers think more people likes how it go's now on H5O.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Moderator Manager

That was just my opinion I know that people love all these shows (probably more than the sole crime shows). One thing is for sure, the fandom base is really more intense in shows that have couples and personal stuff than in procedures one.
But it just doesn't attract me at all. Like I said, if I wanted to see more focus on personal lives other than cases, I would stick with dramas like Grey's and OTH (which I love and I watch it for the personal connection)

I don't see Blue Blood as a soap.... since the whole premise of it is on family and they happen to show their jobs and how it affects their lives.
But for the others, not a hit for me.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That was just my opinion I know that people love all these shows (probably more than the sole crime shows). One thing is for sure, the fandom base is really more intense in shows that have couples and personal stuff than in procedures one.
But it just doesn't attract me at all. Like I said, if I wanted to see more focus on personal lives other than cases, I would stick with dramas like Grey's and OTH (which I love and I watch it for the personal connection)

I don't see Blue Blood as a soap.... since the whole premise of it is on family and they happen to show their jobs and how it affects their lives.
But for the others, not a hit for me.
I love them all if the show all where the same like NCIS and POI it would become boring and I am a sucker for some romance on a show

Last edited by Immunity; 10-31-2013 at 01:23 PM
Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Well to each their own
Old 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

If we all would like the same a lot of TV shows would be cancelled
Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Exactly!!! It's all about what get to more people there isn't a right or wrong
Old 11-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

CBS International Press Event Today In Los Angeles Alex O'Loughlin and DDK attent

Some answer Alex gave....

“#alexoloughlin says “without the fans We’d be nothing – I’d be a carpenter!’ #H50 ’

“#alexoloughlin says “ I was misquoted I AM happy here Not planning anything else

more to follow hope soon we get some from DDK to.

Source

Last edited by Immunity; 11-02-2013 at 12:34 PM
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for sharing these, Lena!!!

It's good to know he's not planning on moving on
Old 11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Si

Was glad to hear that Seems Alex also talked with Peter about his SL he wanted to have Steve suffer from PTSD.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, that was a good thing to read.

Well, I think the PTSD SL don't fit anymore. They should've used that in season 2 when Steve was tortured by Wo Fat. If that didn't cause any effect, I don't see it being a useful SL now.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, that was a good thing to read.

Well, I think the PTSD SL don't fit anymore. They should've used that in season 2 when Steve was tortured by Wo Fat. If that didn't cause any effect, I don't see it being a useful SL now.
I think Alex was referring to that episode and the SL with Doris
Old 11-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh I thought you meant he wanted it from now on.... my bad
Closed Thread   Post New Thread