Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ I hope you're right... I just got the feeling that since Lou was kicked out of the force after what he did in the finale, and the only reason why he still can be a cop is because of Steve, that he'll hold back a bit
Did he get kicked off the force all together or he just no long SWAT commander?
I just don't see Grover having an easy time taking orders from Steve especially when Steve does the things that annoy Grover.

I like Grover though; he is a different sort of personality and is a good cop overall.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
^ I hope you're right... I just got the feeling that since Lou was kicked out of the force after what he did in the finale, and the only reason why he still can be a cop is because of Steve, that he'll hold back a bit
That's a good point, he may hold back a bit because of that but I think once he gets comfortable he'd probably feel more at ease and fall back into old habits with Steve.

I'm pretty sure he got kicked off the force all together.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Moderator Manager

He got kicked out of the force... when the team arrived at the golf course, Grover said that now he had more time for golf and he didn't know how to be anything else but a cop.

I like his personality, he is funny, sassy but also serious when needed.

I think you're right, Mel, probably with time or if the actions are too insane, he'll say something The last thing I want is for him to turn into Lori and be all acceptive of the alternative ways that the task force uses
Old 09-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah and I think Steve came to appreciate Lou questioning him
Old 09-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I think that Lou got Steve's respect with his actions, because if it was the other way around, Steve would be pissed too
Old 09-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah absolutely.I really enjoy their relationship, I like when they opened up to each other.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah that was nice!
Steve was needing to open up with someone.... the guy really has gone through a LOT!!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

After I've seen the SP al my worries about Grover came true for me he doesn't fit into the team he already takes over Chin job helping solving the case Chin stay's in the office working at the computer Thank God Grover can't do that I hope he is gone soon because I can't sand him!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they just need to balance it out a bit more. It's like they don't know how to handle having more than a four member team and so people get shafted and I find that really frustrating.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Third attempt to get a fifth member in the team, the writers/producers still don't get it that they need to get equal screentime for the characters
I get that Steve and Danny are more popular than Kono and Chin, but c'mon they shouldn't have to have like 75% of the screentime and then having Kono and Chin in only those 25% left (not counting all the recurring, special guest stars and plot scenes that have to have in the episode)

I like Grover, but either he goes back at being a SWAT or another thing, or if he is staying in the team, then at least doesn't take screentime away from Chin/Kono.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mean what's popular with fans shouldn't have too much bearing on what you do as a writer, they shouldn't scrap McDanno completely but they really need to even it out more.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:14 AM
Moderator Manager

^ ITA!!

That's one example on why the easier access for writers to hear fan's thoughts doesn't really proves to be good... Because they have to know what is working and not with the fans and social media and stuff really helps, but the fact that lately lots of writers/producers are basing decisions and plot's direction on that sort of makes things a bit tacky.
It's like what they did with the carguments... fans liked it in season 2, and then we had an exaggeration on carguments that instead of making it funny only made some of them completely unnecessary and ridiculous. I'm glad that last season they toned it down a bit.

And then we got Grover who had a great character introduction and since fans liked him he got more scenes (and I LOVED that), but I hope they don't go the same route as they went before and start to focus too much on the new member of the team
Old 09-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Third attempt to get a fifth member in the team, the writers/producers still don't get it that they need to get equal screentime for the characters
I get that Steve and Danny are more popular than Kono and Chin, but c'mon they shouldn't have to have like 75% of the screentime and then having Kono and Chin in only those 25% left (not counting all the recurring, special guest stars and plot scenes that have to have in the episode)

I like Grover, but either he goes back at being a SWAT or another thing, or if he is staying in the team, then at least doesn't take screentime away from Chin/Kono.
And a third mistake again!! after Lauren and Michelle the writers and producers still don't get it, when fans are happy with a regurring guest star they make them a regular immediately I want Grover out of the team ASAP!!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I think that Catherine could've had worked on the team, but once again they didn't know what to do with her.... Grove is bound to be the same. And it's the writers fault, because they made the core four so great with stuff and skills that everybody they add in the team feels like he/she has no place and is taking away screentime from the others.
I mean, kickass super strength guns blazing guy we have in Steve, detective skills and funny remarks we got Danny and Chin, tech savvy we got Chin and Kono, sniper we got Kono, Steve and Chin.... pretty much all bases are covered already.

I get that they want to add more people on the team, but Grover was not the smart choice... I hope they find a way to balance that
Old 10-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

It bother me more when they add more men as regulars because this show is saturated with guys already, Kono is the one solid female presence on the show so taking time away from her really frustrates me. Catherine being a regular didn't bother me cause they didn't add her in and have her on the team immediately, they kind of worked their way up to that. Yes once she was on the team they couldn't balance it well but that had nothing to do with being a regular and everything to do with their inability to handle more than four people on the team.

It also really frustrates me that they had Catherine taken out of the main cast and added in two males, they really need more of a female presence.

But all I can hope for Grover is that it doesn't continue like it did in the last episode.