13.bryangreenbergfan
14. Kaylee123
15. Jemistry
16. Andra
17. RainbowChaser
18. ≡IxX≡
19.Mistyann

Reasons We LOVE Steve & Danny

- because Danny knows Steve is bad for his health but he just can't let go.
- because Steve chose Danny as his partner.
- because Danny hated Steve at first but that didn't last long.
- because according to his daughter Danny talks about Steve all the time.
- because Steve is always saying Danny's ring tones are cute.
- because the way they look at each other...it's love.
- because Steve spoke to the Governor about Danny's custody issue.
- because Steve told Danny that he is not as alone as he thinks he is.
- because Danny just walks right into Steve's place without knocking.
- because honestly it's not a bromance it's more like a romantic relationship.
- because Steve has a total obsession with critiquing Danny's clothes.
- because Steve thinks that Danny is a good father.
- because Danny is not afraid to be honest and put Steve in his place.
- because "Book 'em Danno" is a term of endearment.
- because Danny is fine with Steve calling him "Danno" everyday, he likes it.
- because Danny blamed his torn ACL on Steve and all the fun they have been having together.
- because they have different ways of approaching things but they are after the same goal.
- because everyone they come in contact with thinks they are married.
- because Danny always notices and completely checks out shirtless Steve.
- because these two have some seriously chemistry.
- because Danny asked Steve if he missed him and Steve said yes.
- because Danny was nervously pacing the floor at Headquarters when Steve was in danger.
- because all the bickering...that's just extended foreplay.
- because Danny wanted to know if Steve was asking him to prom.
- because Steve likes the no tie look on Danny.
- because Steve was there for Danny and even went to his friend's funeral.
- because Danny notices when Steve is acting different than normal.
- because after all the arguing these two do it's clear they just need to get a room.
- because Danny was immediately jealous of Steve's friend from the SEALS.
- because they are friends and partners.
- because "I picked you, didn't I..."
- because Steve likes to listen to the song "Sexy Eyes" in the car with Danny.
- because Steve called Danny "Kitty".
- because they go to the bar for drinks together after work.
- because Steve thinks Danny's apartment is perfect.
- because Steve is always driving Danny's car.
- because Danny is the only real connection that Steve has.
- because they have a great partnership.
- because they have gotten very close.
- because Danny stayed in Hawaii for him.
- because Danny is going to get him out of prison.

Q: Can you discuss the dynamic yet strained relationship between Steve McGarrett and Danno Williams?

Alex: Yeah, these are two guys, they’re kind of like the odd couple a little bit but there’s also something that’s very siblingesque in their relationship. They’re almost like brothers. They met each other, they kind of have a fistfight immediately, but there’s also a mutual respect that sort of comes very quickly as well because they both see that the other can hold their own and they both see that the other is a very clear individual and very focused and very themselves, if that makes sense. These two, they perpetually aggravate each other, they have a sort of bromantic banter, which I saw written in one interview, which is just a great descriptive for the thing that they have between them. They sort of do have a bromance that comes and goes but they also complement each other perfectly in the sense that they can finish each other’s sentences, which means they can feel each other’s thoughts, which is kind of crucial in police work. They’ve got each other’s backs and now we’re twelve episodes in and we’re starting to see this common bond that’s forming between the two of them.

Reasons We LOVE Alex & Scott

"We really hit it off. We were born on the same day, about 7 hours apart and even though we come from different sides of the planet, there are a lot of similarities between us." - Alex on costar Scott Caan

”It was an instant bromance” says Alex.

Looking on a few feet away with devilish delight: costar Alex O’Loughlin, who senses his pal’s discomfort shouts, “Smile!” - “Bite me,” Caan hollers back.
“C’mon, you have a great smile,” O’Loughlin teases. This off-camera frat-boy banter is finding a place on screen, too, making O’Loughlin’s straight-arrow McGarrett and his sarcastic hothead sidekick the most buzzed about partnership of the new season.

“We both lucked out,” says O’Loughlin, who has been receiving on-set chess lessons from Caan. “We really bounce off each other, and as we get closer, we can just shoot each other a look, which adds a lot to our relationship on screen.”

Alex: We hit it off. We met a couple of times, we had a couple of mutual friends, but we really got to know each other on this. We've moved to Hawaii and we've become mates.

Actor Masi Oka on working with Scott & Alex: “Everybody’s really funny on-set,” he said. “My first scene, I got to work with Scott (Caan) and Alex (O’Loughlin), and they literally banter like that off-camera as well. It’s really funny to see that, like an ‘Odd Couple’ scenario going on.”

O'Loughlin and Caan say they've quickly formed a strong partnership. "The show is McGarrett and Danno," O'Loughlin says. "It's as much about Danno as it is about McGarrett." They also get along in real life. "It's my first buddy show," O'Loughlin says. "It's great to always turn around and know Scott's there. We've become mates. We're pretty good mates."

What do you like most about working with Alex, Scott?

Scott: When the day is over. That's my favorite part of working with Alex.
Alex: That's not true. You should see him light up in the morning when I walk into the makeup trailer. He lights up like a little child. He fell in love when he met me.
Scott: Yeah. I did.

Alex: Me and Scott, oh yeah, we will be the bromance of the decade!

The action is intense, and you're doing most of your stunts. Maybe you should get combat pay? Scott Caan was injured recently.

Yeah, he's a bit softer than me, mate.

[Laughs.] OK.

I don't want to tease him about it though, he'll get a complex.

Yeah, yeah. But that teasing sort of fits the relationship between your characters, right?
[Laughs.] Yeah, a little bit. Look, I'm actually a real softie myself. I'm kind of unlike Steve McGarrett in a lot of ways. I'm not as brave, I'm not as smart. [Laughs.] I'm a bit more open-hearted.

I enjoy the rapport between you and Scott, your characters.
We have a great rapport between us. Something we discovered when we first met was that we had a bunch of mutual friends and we were born, literally, a couple of hours apart. There's a natural complicity that we found. We have very similar senses of humor, and a sort of sensibility of the world and just the way we're built. And so that really shows on screen and it plays so well in these two characters.

It gives the show a little bit of buddy-cop humor. I think it adds a lot to what could be just another procedural. Do you enjoy playing the comedy or the action more?
I love it all. I think most of the comedy lives in the relationship between McGarrett and Danno. In that back-and-forth banter that we have. I just do my part and play my character and of course, you never play the comedy. A lot of it is really funny when I play it back. But it's ... an honest funny. It's the sort of funny that we have with our siblings, with people who know us better than anyone else. And it's almost like these two characters met and fell into this brotherly relationship before they even realized what was happening. It's as enjoyable to play as it is to watch.

"I love the beach. I have a great time. I'm learning to surf, Scott Caan is teaching me to surf." - Alex talking about life in Hawaii

past threads;

Last edited by Immunity; 11-13-2011 at 10:04 AM
Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt !
*Lifesavers#28(Martin/Sam)*Guardian Angel#6(Sydney/Vaughn)*Outlaws#62(Kate/Sawyer)*Jared Padalecki/Sam Winchester Supporter#27*DeanWinchester/Jensen Ackles Supporter#44*Texas Hunters#9(Sam/Dean/J2Supporter)*Mick St.John/Beth Turner Suporter#79*Fallen Angels#36(Sam/Ruby)*JP/GC#6*Traggic Love-Justin/Rebecca shipper*St.Berry Supporter#102*Soulmates LM&JG*SA fan#18*McDanno#34 (Steve/Danny H50 friendship)*Densi Supporter
Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt! love this title!

i watched 1x04 today, loved it.

loved the beginning when danno brought up steve to the doctor. he just HAD to mention him. and then when he said "he's an animal." that was cute.

also, aneurism face? hahaha.

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?" omgawdddd yesssss. see, even outsiders can tell they love each other.

also love that steve continues to call him danno, and what danny said about the mammal to mammal human interaction and theres room for improvement! haha. and they both love pancakes!

hate katherine already! stay away from dannos man!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm Megan!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
tftnt! love this title!

loved the beginning when danno brought up steve to the doctor. he just HAD to mention him. and then when he said "he's an animal." that was cute.

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?" omgawdddd yesssss. see, even outsiders can tell they love each other.

also love that steve continues to call him danno, and what danny said about the mammal to mammal human interaction and theres room for improvement! haha. and they both love pancakes!

You're all welcome guys

That eppie had some amazing scene's between McDanno

Don't hate Catherine she is really lovely, and no treat voor Danny!!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the op is perfect.

Because maybe, you're gonna
be the one that saves me.
Finn|Rae
Old 08-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
tftnt! love this title!

Episode 4 is a great episode! I loved the "HOW LONG HAVE YOU TWO BEEN MARRIED?" line! So great.

I don't like her either. But honestly I don't think much of her because it doesn't seem like Steve thinks much of her either. She is just casual and not some serious thing. She does appear in episode 5 but she only makes a few appearances in season 1, nothing serious. He is obviously a lot closer with Danny than with her so it doesn't bother me.

You have many more great episodes to watch!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

okay good!

gonna watch 5 tonight.

eta: finished. you guys, these two are EPIC.

"triple banana bitch!" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i rewatched that scene like 20 times. okay, more like 6, but stilllll, i loved it. hilarious.

these two are the most awesome duo. i love how they handled the rapist dude too.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-17-2011 at 03:04 AM
Old 08-17-2011, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They really are! The Triple Banana Bitch line will always be a classic!

I'm glad you liked episode 5, thanks for always posting here about the episodes. It's reminding me of all the awesome Steve/Danny moments!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
okay good!

gonna watch 5 tonight.

"triple banana bitch!" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i rewatched that scene like 20 times. okay, more like 6, but stilllll, i loved it. hilarious.

these two are the most awesome duo. i love how they handled the rapist dude too.
Yes they are Love the pacman quote get ready for more hilarious and cute scene's how these two become best friends is a very enjoying journay to watch!

The rapist dude is deaf for the rest of his life

Looking forward what you think of eppie 1.06
Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

watched 6 tonight, loved it of course!

ISLAND TIME. loved that scene, their banter is hilarious. and i love love loved the scene where danno called him crazy or whatever he said and steve was like "in the best way possible right?" and danno is like "NO NO, NOT IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY, IN THE MOST TERRIBLE WAY."

and that scene in the car where steve was driving super fast. love how he asked him "Scared?" ... ummm hot!

I love how badass steve is and how he just goes after things, and i love danny's humor and smarts. they are such a perfect match.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
watched 6 tonight, loved it of course!

ISLAND TIME. loved that scene, their banter is hilarious. and i love love loved the scene where danno called him crazy or whatever he said and steve was like "in the best way possible right?" and danno is like "NO NO, NOT IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY, IN THE MOST TERRIBLE WAY."

and that scene in the car where steve was driving super fast. love how he asked him "Scared?" ... ummm hot!

I love how badass steve is and how he just goes after things, and i love danny's humor and smarts. they are such a perfect match.
They are a perfect match Danny is always the one trying to keep Steve in line and has to pull him back when he starts acting crazy. He has to be the voice of reason in the partnership, although those roles get reversed a few times this season and Steve is having to calm Danny down. They compliment each other so well because at this point they really know each other.

Enjoy episode 7!!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
those roles get reversed a few times this season and Steve is having to calm Danny down. They compliment each other so well because at this point they really know each other.
THIS!

They are a perfect mach, something we have not often seen on TV Love these two so freaking much!

Andra I'm curious what of you think of episode 7
Old 08-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

cool! i'm gonna watch tonight. i might be able to watch 8 as well, since i dont have many other shows tonight!

and then this weekend i am gonna try to power through quite a few.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread