Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

8.18 “E ho’okō kuleana” (To Do One’s Duty) Episode Discussion

8.18 “E ho’okō kuleana”

“To Do One’s Duty”

THE EX-WIFE OF THE MAN WHO SHOT DANNY COMES TO OAHU AND REVEALS HOW DANNY HELPED SAVE HER LIFE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, MARCH 30

Episode Directed by Series Star Alex O’Loughlin

Jimmy Buffett Returns as Frank Bama

“E ho’okō kuleana” – The ex-wife of the man who shot Danny comes to Oahu and reveals how Danny’s protection during a dangerous domestic dispute when he was in New Jersey helped save her life. Also, Tani and Junior are assigned to walk the beat as uniformed officers for the day, and Adam is framed for the murder of the crime boss he has been tracking, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, March 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The episode was directed by series star Alex O’Loughlin. Jimmy Buffett returns as Frank Bama.

(“E ho’okō kuleana” is Hawaiian for “To Do One’s Duty”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans this episode is directed by our very own #McG #AlexO’Loughlin! We think he did a wonderful job! PLUS HE PLAYS THE GUITAR! And @jimmybuffett guest stars! @HawaiiFive0CBS 3/30 9pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2peSQeH

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

RECURRING CAST:
Claire van der Boom (Rachel Hollander)
Jimmy Buffett (Frank Bama)
Zach Sulzbach (Charlie Williams)
Christine Ko (Jessie Nomura)

GUEST CAST:
Gonzalo Menendez (Agent Colin McNeal)
Joanna Christie (Brooke Gardner)
Daniel Kaemon (Ray Gardner)
Stephen Meyers (Paramedic)
David Stanley (Officer Pete Evans)
Zachary Pang (Officer Oliwa)
Cody Webster (Officer Hannaford)
Rory Yamamoto (Morgue Tech)
Ieremia Michael Lafi (Kawika)
Wesley Cortez (Mark)
Duane Kiyota (Supervisor)
Wyatt Kaneshiro (Teenager)
Boaz Rosen (Boyfriend)
Angel Deihl (Woman)
Lynne Halevi (Woman in Crosswalk)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove & Matt Wheeler
DIRECTED BY: Alex O’Loughlin
Old 03-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!
Old 03-31-2018, 05:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. I liked all three storylines. Danny's was the best one. I was waiting for a solution who tried kill Danny in episode 8.10. They did a great job with rejuvenating Danny in flashbacks. I liked Brooke and her chemistry with Danny. It was also nice to get the first meeting with Rachel, which was mentioned several times in the past.

Storyline with Adam has been interesting. Finally we know identity this new player. For some time I suspected that it may be Adam's mother, it turned out that it was his sister. Tani and Junior storyline was good. Their scenes were cute and funny. And more we learned about Tani and Junior past. Alex did great as a director. I suspect this is not the last time.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!!! Alex did great and I’m very happy for him!

Danny’s story and back story was very interesting. At first I was like how did Danny not recognize this guy?!? Seriously?? He had a huge past with him but like he said, he never thought about it again after that day. great tie into him and Rachel.

The Adam storyline was good too! So he has a half sister?!? Can’t wait to see more about that. I still don’t trust Jessie but I’m glad it wasn’t her that framed Adam.

Loved Tani and Junior! It was a different perspective for them and it was good to see. Also love hearing more about them. Also Junior getting pepper sprayed I really like their chemistry. They work great together.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really liked the episode!

It was nice learning more about Danny and what all happened in the past to have that guy show up to kill him.

Liked Tani and Junior on the beat! It was hilarious when he got pepper sprayed

It was nice finally to find out who is behind the new player. Very interesting that Adam has a half sister!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode

The flashback and present day told us a lot about Danny it shows us that Danny was always a great cop and very caring. I love that we got to see the first meet of Rachel and Danny so cute.
Can someone tell me how long they can keep a body in the morgue it was weeks ago that Danny gor shot.

Junir and Tani where hilarious love the banter they share and Junior who got pepper sprayed ouch!! that hurts the poor guy give him a break

So Adam has a half sister if she is like Adams brother than I am scared for Adam need to know more about her.

Liked Jimmy’s cameo. and so nice that he brought a gif for Steve

Alex did a great job directing this episode hope for him that in future time he can do another one
Reply   Post New Thread