Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Moderator Manager

6.07 ~ “Na Kama Hele” (Day Trippers) ~ November 7 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

6.07 “Na Kama Hele”

“Day Trippers”

McGARRETT’S FIRST DATE WITH LYNN ON A DESERTED ISLAND TURNS DEADLY WHEN A MOB BOSS HIDING THERE HUNTS THEM DOWN IN ORDER TO KEEP HIS LOCATION A SECRET, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 6

“Na Kama Hele” – McGarrett’s first date with Lynn (Sarah Carter) on a deserted island turns deadly when a mob boss hiding there hunts them down in order to keep his location a secret. Also, Chin, Kono and Grover must race against the game clock to locate the father of a high school football star who will be murdered by a local gambler if his son doesn’t throw the big game, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*”Na Kama Hele” is Hawaiian for “Day Trippers”)

CHEAT TWEET: ‪#‎H50‬ fans, say ALOHA 2 @Sarah_Carter! This lucky lady gets 2 go on a very McGARRETT date! ‪#‎notjustcoffee‬ 11/6 9pm ‪#‎Five0Fridays‬ CBS Press Express | McGARRETT’S FIRST DATE WITH LYNN ON A DESERTED ISLAND TURNS DEADLY WHEN A MOB BOSS HIDING THERE HUNTS THEM DOWN IN ORDER TO KEEP HIS LOCATION A SECRET, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 6

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:

Sarah Carter (Lynn Downey)
James C. Burns (Dennis Logan)
Danielle Rayne (Vickie Kelly)
Jake Nutty (Jesse Frontera)
Gregory Albrecht (Oliver Zelenko)
Gibi del Barrio (Kai Frontera)
Sewell Whitney (Marshal)
Manuel Eduardo Ramirez (Armando Diaz)
Johnny Rey Diaz (Sean Roberts)

WRITTEN BY: Ken Solarz
DIRECTED BY: Hanelle Culpepper

Promo

Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, that was the worst episode of H 5-0 to date.

Where to begin...
1) Why did McGarrett and Lynn climb up the left side of the falls if they were just going to cross to the right - why not just go up the right side?
2) When crossing, why cross at the edge of the falls (the most slippery part) instead a few yards upstream?
3) Chin beating the crap out of the suspect. I know it's been done before on this show, but is now really the time of have cops beating up people in custody?
4) Given how often they beat up suspects in custody, violate procedure, and commit outright crimes, how many of the people they've arrested actually go to prison instead of being released due to their rights being violated?
5) How much money has the 5-0 task force (headed by someone who is neither an actual cop nor, apparently, been trained in proper procedure) cost the State of Hawaii in lawsuits?
dagff5tvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Wonderful episode! The best episode in season 6. Storyline on desert island was great. A lot of action, tension, Steve and Lynn fighting for life. All scenes with Steve & Lynn, and villains was entirety on outside in the pretty landscapes, in the jungle, at water and under water! I love Hawaii. Lynn for now is very cool for me. I like her. The second storyline also was good. I like things related to the sports in Hawaii Five-0, also with American football. The entire episode was great, I'm very satisfied.

Last edited by Core 4; 11-07-2015 at 04:49 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Please delete this post.

Last edited by Core 4; 11-07-2015 at 02:10 PM
Old 11-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Great episode!! It was great to see Steve with a potential love interest. Lynn didn't cower in fear when their live were in danger but rather helped any way she could. Didn't care that some of the scenes were a tad unrealistic and over the top - loved them all. Favorite scene was the last one when Steve put his arm around Lynn as they were walking away.

Maybe I'm being naive but I thought betting so much on high school football was strange. That said I was on the edge of my seat as the game was won in the last seconds of play. Favorite scene - Grover confronting the gangsters in the bleachers. He was awesome!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."

Last edited by Romantic In Denial; 11-10-2015 at 10:06 AM
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was okay for me!

The opening scene where Grover babbeling to Steve about going on a first date was so adorable and funny

Seems Five-O had a day off Steve took Lynn for a first day out snorkeling and Chin/Kono/lou went to a football game and both day's went wrong very fast so we had our 2 cases of the week.

Okay, what are the odds that Steve find a plane on a desert island and that Lynn knows her way on that island so very well and of course no signal for the cellphone I am not on board yet to see Lynn as Steve new girlfriend It was nice to see Steve happy and smiling again and he was very sweet towards Lynn but I don't see any chemstry yet!!!....... The storyline of Steve and Lynn remind me of the movie "Six Days Seven Nights"

I loved all the underwater shots and the scenery of Hawaii

The Dad get kidnapped to help a high stakes gambler win $500,000 we have seen a thousend times but I loved to see the three of them working together on this case Chin showed again how badass he can be only the scene's in the interrogation room was to much for my taste don't like that Chin was so aggressive. Kono was great how many times did she had to say "Guys I am Here " But by far Lou stole the show for me this time with all his funny remarks for me loved all his scene's

I loved the second case better than the first one only because of Lou and that coming form me is a lot because mostly I am not a Lou fan
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Today I watched this episode three times already. And each time it was for me amazing episode. I loved this episode. The best episode of season 6. I can watch and watch, and I don't get tired. Great storyline and scenes on the island, fanastic locations and views, action, very cool Lynn, and chemistry between Steve and Lynn, etc. Meanwhile, in second storyline, great scene between Chin, Kono and Grover on the tribunes, great conversation Grover these bad guests, badass Chin, great scenes with American football, etc. I can't wait for the next episode, because it also promises to be great.

Last edited by Core 4; 11-07-2015 at 02:25 PM
Old 11-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Moderator Manager

First off the scenery was unbelievably stunning and I'm not even that into nature

Lou was hilarious, from talking to Steve in the beginning, to handling the football case!! I like how he was all weird out about Steve going on a first date to a place where he couldn't leave if things didn't go well, and then when he saw Lynn he was so funny saying he didn't know what he was talking about and he would go and stay there forever ever I like seeing this funny side of Lou without that arrogance he uses most of the time with Jerry or Max when he tries to be funny.

I gotta say that I LOVED the fact that even though we don't see Ellie anymore, she was mentioned and she was the one to set Lynn up for Steve (I like the continuity since last season she tried to get him to go out with one of her friends). This way shows that they really are just friends and it's healthy for Steve to have a friend outside of the team. I know I would like to see her again.
I am totally biased because I like Sarah, but I really liked Lynn! It was so cute and on spot that she would be taking pictures/selfies! And amazing acting showing fear after being shot at (I like that at least that is realistic and she wasn't all cool about it and acting like she was used to it). I definitely want to see Lynn again.
I liked her chemistry with Steve, but I do think that this first date doesn't really count as romantic... it felt more like they are trying to get to know each other and then decide which direction to take, which I like since it wouldn't make sense to have Steve throwing himself in a relationship like that. But for Steve asking her on a second date.

Chin and Lou were acting like two teenagers at first, it was a bit weird! I did like that Kono kept repeating "I'm right here". I do have to say that since Kono is such a enthusiast fan of the Kakui football, I expected her to be a bit more peppy and wearing the jersey/shirt of the team like we saw in season 1.
The case of holding someone to get the star of the team to throw the game is overused... but I liked seeing the team working to help out the kid they know.
I did not however liked seeing Chin beat up the suspect that was already cuffed to the chair like that... it was exaggerated and I could understand if it was a personal case or something, but like that was just forced.

Now to the jungle/airplane case... that had lots of flaws. I mean, how the hell did a pristine plane like that got in that forest?! An helicopter I could get it, but a plane? Pushing our intelligence there, writers! And also that shortcut in the falls made no sense!!! And the guy had money, he could get a new ID, run to a non-extradition country, and we're supposed to believe he stayed in that tiny Island for 4 years?! Dude, if you had to cross it, why not do it when they were at the bottom and then climb?!??!
I like that it was fast paced and was a thrill, just think the writers didn't spend much time thinking about details
Old 11-08-2015, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Give me back Catherine Rollins.

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I know that I am behind on my postings of 5-0 eppies but this one is pretty straightforward and easy to comment on.

Random Thoughts:

This was one of my favorite Grover eppies. Like Si, I enjoyed the humor without the arrogance; changing his opinion on Steve dating again, his interactions with Chin at the football game (both acting like a couple of high school kids but it was kind of cute) and his interaction with the gangsters at the football game.

Enjoyed Grover's mentioning what a good shot Kono was.

Kind of predicted that the kid would win the game and his Dad saved in the nick of time but that's okay.

I thought Chin beating on the suspect OOC.

I rather liked Lynn (and it was cool that Ellie set them up). She was knowledgeable without being a know-it-all and scared enough without being helpless (pretty realistic). I liked them joking that the first date must have been a success since they both lived. Thought Steve's way of asking her out again was pretty clever. I thought she and Steve were good together and she isn't a bad person for Steve to move on with.

Hope to comment on 6.05 and 6.06 soon.

Last edited by Crazyfor5-0; 11-09-2015 at 02:44 PM Reason: Add a comment.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Hey Lori!!! Always lovely to see you here!!

They should show that funny side of Grover more often! He was genuinely funny!!

I really didn't like that they did that to Chin. He has always been so controlled... It was not good for the character

I am totally biased! But I liked Lynn!! I want to see them on their second date, or the very least interacting again

Can't wait to read your thoughts on the other episodes
Old 11-10-2015, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

H50 is one of the shows where I just watch and not think anything more. Sometimes thinking too much just takes the enjoyment out of it. But I did wonder how in the world that plane landed in the middle of a jungle so nicely. And throwing that football game?

I liked Lynn. Her face and mannerisms remind me of Ellie. If the relationship continues, good for them, but for the meantime she's a great person to get to know. And a whole day together is actually a very good first date. They know each other very well now. I like going on overseas trips with friends. I really get to know them, both good and bad.
andii98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Yeah, I never put H50 as a too realistic show, because it's has way too many things that are over the top... but sometimes it's just one of those things that our brains just can't help but say WTF? That pristine plane in that island surrounded by trees is one of them

Yeah I can imagine Lynn and Ellie being good friends.. they seem to have a sort of similar attitude
They sure had a very exciting first date! I'm sure never in her life Lynn will experience something similar I just hope the next one will be less rushed/dangerous
Old 11-13-2015, 07:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Finally i have time to write few words about episode 7.

Lu is defenitely the best friend ever - "you must have exit strategy" - one of the funniest "dating" hints ever And his reaction when he finally saw Lynn - pure comedy gold I'm not surprised - Sarah Carter is very sexy woman. And I have to admit, she has way m ore chemistry with alex than Michelle Borth ever had.
Of course the date is interrupetd by pair of criminals and yes, that clean plane in the middle of the jungle was "WTF"

The second case was again about family, stereotypical but nicely done, it had some vibes from season 1.

Generally, I noticed the show got better when it came back to 2 cases formula. It's obvious that 5 men team is too much for a single crime. So again we had Kono worlking with Chin which is always nice.

Next episode looks even better judging from the funny promo.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Lou certainly wins the best character in the episode He made a replacement for Danny as best friend and giving advises on the first date
I love Sarah, and you are right, she is sexy!! I like the chemistry between Steve/Lynn because it was new and refreshing.

I totally agree with you, the team is big now, so when they have 2 different cases to resolve the dynamic works better as well as the interaction between the characters/partners.
Reply   Post New Thread