Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

2 x 18 “Lekio” February 27 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!

2.18 “Lekio”

“Radio”

AS THE FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A FAMOUS TALK RADIO DJ, THEY CROSS PATHS WITH A LOCAL PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR WITH TIES TO THE VICTIM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, FEB. 27
Academy Award Nominee James Caan, Father of Series Star Scott Caan, Guest Stars as Tony Archer, a Private Investigator on Oahu

Emmy Award Winner Dennis Miller Guest Stars as

Famous Talk Radio DJ Bobby Raines

CHEAT TWEET: #JamesCaan and #DennisMiller say Aloha to #H50 2/27 10PM ET/PT @DennisDMZ CBS Press Express | AS THE FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A FAMOUS TALK RADIO DJ, THEY CROSS PATHS WITH A LOCAL PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR WITH TIES TO THE VICTIM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” MONDAY, FEB. 27

“Lekio*” – Five-0 crosses paths with Tony Archer, a retired NYPD bomb expert who is now a private investigator on Oahu, when they investigate the death of famous talk radio DJ Bobby Raines, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Feb. 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Academy Award nominee James Caan (“The Godfather”), father of series star Scott Caan, guest stars as Tony Archer, a private investigator on Oahu. Emmy Award winner Dennis Miller guest stars as famous talk radio DJ Bobby Raines.
(*Lekio is Hawaiian for “Radio”)

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)

RECURRING:
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)

GUEST CAST:

James Caan …………………………. Tony Archer
Dennis Miller ……………………… Bobby Raines
Elpidio Ebuen …………………………. Len Marks
David Stanley ……………………….. Miles Rogers
Heather Sossaman ………………. Brandi Raines
Ben Bledsoe ………………………….. Todd Dutton
Jimmy Borges …………………………. Mr. Zhang
Chad Yazawa ……………………………….. Dumb
Matty Wong ……………………………….. Dumber
Chris McGarry ………………………. Doug Leland
Tanya Clarke ……………………… Karen Whitfield

WRITTEN BY: Kyle Harimoto
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo/Sneak Peek

Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Here it is the new episode coming closer. I am only sad we dont have a sneak peak.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehowsundown (View Post)
Here it is the new episode coming closer. I am only sad we dont have a sneak peak.
Me too two weeks in a row we didn't got a sneak peek CBS .....but who cares tomorrow is H5O Day
Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 PM
New Fan

Actually, we did get a sneak peek last week (2.17) but it didn't have any of the Core 4 in it - it was the sequence from the start with Shane Victoriano. So it didn't really get passed around the fandom.
azziria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

That is right but it was disappointing.I think now is too late to release a sneak because we are having an episode tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy! H5O Monday! Everyone Caan & Caan today
Old 02-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Extreme Fan

HAPPY H50 DAY!!!!!

I think this is going to be a funny episode.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Passionate Fan

It was an okay episode!

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

it was a funny episode... the case wasnt that captivating... but the comedy was great...
my fav line 'Book him, Muscles'
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow that was soooo disappointing!

It could've been done a lot better.
x-spacecadet-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Dreadful episode.

I'm glad the show is having a break so maybe I can muster up some enthusiasm for it when it comes back in 3 weeks.
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

The episode wasnt thaat bad....but I guess because we have another damn hiatus I was kinda hoping for some lead into Woo-Fat or something to do with Steves past...but oh well.

I did love it when Danno was called Dick Tracy now that was hilarious. And now to 3 weeks of now 5-0
xinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

OHHHH!!! What do I miss the Champ-Box this season Aldo I love some light comedy episodes so now and then it is time to get back to some drama because they are the most strongest episodes for me.

I personally liked this episode for the McDanno banter and one liners. but seriously the crime cases get weaker every week they sure need better writers for that one. The humor is great but I watch for both.

Maybe I'll be in the minority here but I thought James Caan overpowered the show to much he was almost in every scene even in the interrogation room. Also unfortunate was the lack of screen time for Chin, presumably to make room for Tony Archer's prominent place in the episode.

I always adore Danny with Gracie but please Danny she is only ten years old let her have some fun. Loved Steve hounding Danny until he told him what happened at the Hilton.

Max and Kono got some decent screentime but it's time for a Kono story now

Well at least we got a few new nicknames love them all McGruff, McGoo, Muscles and Hairdoo.

I know the character of Tony Archer can become a recurring one but having him on too often will take away from the core4 that we faught too hard to get back. Fans were asking for James Caan for a while now ok we had him and a CaanCaan episode now back to our core 4 again!

Last edited by Immunity; 02-28-2012 at 02:43 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Extreme Fan

I rather liked this episode; the case wasn't the strongest but the banter between Alex, Scott and James Caan was pretty funny.

Random Thoughts:

If Danny is worried about Grace now wait for a few years!! It is always good to see Gracie!

I love Dennis Miller and I enjoyed the little time he had on the show.

Poor Max, having his van stolen. The guys that stole the van; did anyone else besides me notice that they were listed as "Dumb" and "Dumber" in the credits?

I liked James Caan's character. I thought he had pretty good chemistry with the Core 4. I got a kick out of him hitting on Kono and enjoyed having them team up when interviewing Karen. He got off a few zinger on both Steve and Danny (especially enjoyed him calling Danny "Hairdo"). Tony: "Book em Muscles" Steve: "I like this guy". Pretty funny!! The one drawback was the lack of screentime for Chin, so I can see Lena where you believe he overpowered the episode

They did set it up for Tony to return again when he told Steve and Danny to call him if they ever need him. I don't think it will be too often; how many cases can they have in a row with a bomb theme? I don't think he'll take away from the Fab Four the way Joe and Lori both did.

I loved the last scene. Danny got his New Year style pizza and I laughed out load watching Steve trying it especially when his cheeks were bulging with pizza.

I have a feeling that after the next break, the eppies will probably start getting more serious and darker.

Spoiler:

In my book, a very enjoyable eppie!!
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h50fan (View Post)
Dreadful episode.

I'm glad the show is having a break so maybe I can muster up some enthusiasm for it when it comes back in 3 weeks.
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm already having severe withdrawal symptoms with Rookie Blue not returning til June but after watching the latest episode of Hawaii Five-0 I need a break too!

I hope the writers will sort it out soon and enough of the guest stars already!
x-spacecadet-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread