Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

2 x 04 "Mea Makamaee" October 10 - Episode Discussion!

2.04 "Mea Makamaee"

“Treasure"

THE FIVE-0 TAKES TO THE WATER WHEN THEY INVESTIGATE THE MURDER OF A DEEP-SEA DIVER KNOWN FOR HIS VALUABLE SHIPWRECK FINDS, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0"
Academy Award, Golden Globe Award and Emmy Award Winner Patty Duke Guest Stars as Sylvia Spencer, the Victim's Mother with Alzheimer's

Golden Globe Award Winner Peter Fonda Guest Stars as Jesse Billings, a Deep-Sea Treasure Hunter

Terry O'Quinn and William Baldwin Also Return

CHEAT TWEET: Murder in the gorgeous waters of Hawaii? #H50 is on the case! #pattyduke & #peterfonda guest star 10/10 10pm ET/PT CBS Press Express | Releases

"Mea Makamae"*" - The FIVE-0 take to the beautiful waters off Hawaii to investigate the murder of a deep sea diver known for his valuable shipwreck finds, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Oct. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Academy Award, Golden Globe Award and Emmy Award winner Patty Duke guest stars as Sylvia Spencer, the victim's mother with Alzheimer's; Golden Globe Award winner Peter Fonda guest stars as Jesse Billings, a deep-sea treasure hunter; Terry O'Quinn returns at Lt. Commander Joe White; and William Baldwin returns as Frank Delano, a dirty ex-cop.

*Mea Makamaee is Hawaiian for "Treasure"

SERIES REGULARS:
Steve McGarrett............................................. Alex O'Loughlin
Danny "Danno" Williams......................................... Scott Caan
Chin Ho Kelly................................................. Daniel Dae Kim
Kono Kalakaua..................................................... Grace Park
Dr. Max Bergman.................................................... Masi Oka
Officer Lori Weston......................................... Lauren German

GUEST CAST:
Joe White......................................................... Terry O'Quinn
Kamekona............................................................. Taylor Wily
Dr. Gabrielle Asano.......................................... Autumn Reeser
Sylvia Spencer........................................................ Patty Duke
Charlie Fong........................................................... Brian Yang
Jesse Billings......................................................... Peter Fonda
Ed......................................................................... Don Stroud
Aaron..................................................................... Ari Dalbert
Ray Mapes..................................................... Billy Ray Gallion
Lt. Catherine Rollins......................................... Michellle Borth
Jimmy Koller......................................................... Brian Guest
Elizabeth........................................................ McKenzie Milan
Remo Julian............................................................. Allen Cole
Dr. Tallridge.................................................. Dr. Tom Holland
Frank Delano.................................................. William Baldwin
Bar Fly.................................................................. Jr. Coleman

WRITTEN BY:............................................... David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY:.................................................. Duane Clark

Promo/Sneak Peek

Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for opening the thread.I am so excited about this episode.We finally get to see Catharine.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehowsundown (View Post)
Thanks for opening the thread.I am so excited about this episode.We finally get to see Catharine.
You're welcome Dessy

Me too we finally get to know if they still together "fingers crossed"

I'm looking forward to 2.04 and 2.05 first Cath. and in 2.05 Kono I so hope she will be back to the team permanently.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I know its been only 3 episodes now but I am so happy with the season so far.Each episode shows something important and each episode I am looking forward to see and in the upcoming episodes this line is continuing.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the thread!
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy H5O Day! Everyone!!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Extreme Fan

HAPPY H50 DAY TO YOU TOOOOOOO!

I wish I had the episode right now because I am going crazy at hope.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wooooooooooooooow!! this episode was sooooo good LOVED IT!!! Awwww Catherine is send to the Gulf but Steve want to meet her half way

and the next week looks it gonna me a intense episode OMG!!!!the promo

will give comment later on this week episode
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey when the promo for next week is posted on YT can somebody pm it to me or tell me it is posted here ?

Have yet to see tonights episode yet ..

Annie wersching favorite 24 cast member guest stars next week .

Love seeing Terry Quinn back for 2nd episode, with Daniel Dae Kim My lost reunion
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Awwww Catherine is send to the Gulf but Steve want to meet her half way
THE ONLY IMPORTANT PART TO ME.

I squeed when he said he'll meet her halfway. ajsdhfjkahsdjkfha shsdkfahsduiafhs I love them
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Awwww Catherine is send to the Gulf but Steve want to meet her half way
THE ONLY IMPORTANT PART TO ME.

I squeed when he said he'll meet her halfway. ajsdhfjkahsdjkfha shsdkfahsduiafhs I love them
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Extreme Fan

I really liked this episode.

Random Thoughts:

I loved seeing Patty Duke and Peter Fonda and thought they did I great job.

*sigh* A shirtless Steve. What more could a girl want?*sigh*

I chuckled at Steve's reaction to that spicy food.

Steve and Danny were certainly grossed out at Max "wearing" the man's skin. I think I would have been too.

Kono Kono Kono, do you realise what deep doo doo you are in? Hopefully things will be resolved soon.

I was touched by Chin making the effort to show Kono his support. Did anyone besides me thought she looked a bit guilty at the end of the scene?

I was saddened by Catherine and Steve's breakup. The look in their eyes said to me that they both knew that Steve's offer of meeting her half way on one of her leaves probably wouldn't happen. In my mind, with the character appearring on the show so seldom, this step didn't need to happen. I know the actress is starring in her own show, but she could make an occasional appearance if she was up to it and her producers were willing. I hope upon hope that this just means that the character of Steve McGarrett will focus on solving cases, clearing or confirming his father's good name and chasing Wo Fat but I have a sinking feeling that sending poor Catherine half way around the world is just the first step in shoving Steve and Lori together, which under these circumstances would piss me off more (if that is possible) than it might.

Gee, and I was starting to warm up to Lori. Hmmmmm

On the other hand, I am excited about Danny's possible love interest. Dr. Asano seems nice and sweet and with

Spoiler:
maybe the other guys will get some lovin' and Steve will follow another path.

I have to admit, when Joe was introduced I was afraid that he would have deep dark secret Steve would find out about and for a minute, I thought my fears were confirmed, but it looks as if the tape wasn't sent in to protect Steve from getting hurt.

Maybe I am missing something, but why would Joe and Steve automatically assume James McGarrett was dirty? Why would he plant a camera in the Governor's office that could ultimately implicate him? Wouldn't it be more logical to think that James McG was undercover trying to expose the Governor's corruption as the old Japanese gentleman suggested or does Joe know more than he is saying? I, as Steve, have to know!!

Looking forward to next week!
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the episode. And my hope on Steve telling Lori that Cat was and old friend, is that he said that so that she wouldn't check into Cat and find out that she has been using Navy resources to help him, he doesn't' trust the "babysitter" yet. And maybe it was because he didn't think that she needs to know about his personal life. To me you could tell that she is more than a friend just by his body language and that sometimes talks louder than words. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I hope that they are able to meet halfway like he suggested.

I liked the story line of the rest of the episode. However, I'm really disappointed in Steve and Danny not taking responsibility to help Kono out since they were right there with her doing the dirty work on stealing the money.

{{hugs}}

Mac

MacKenzie (Mac)
Facebook: LadyMacKenzie Twitter: LdyMacKenzie
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...eNavySeal2.jpg
LadyMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved "Mea Makamaee" so much going on in this episode!!

It's was great to see Steve and Danny actually working together, which was lacking the last couple of weeks I LOVED the cargument
How Danny opens to Steve about everything what happens in his private live he sure don't need a professional he have Steve where he go's to

Danny falling for Dr Gabriella Asano was so cute and Steve's comment "What's the matter with you" was so funny

Less Joe which I think it's good he is not a team member, but that he lies to Steve was not cool you could see Steve lost some trust in him

Again no mention about Kono neither from Steve or Danny blame that to the writers so unbelievable from both glad that next week finally all comes out about Kono this SL was drag to long for my taste.

Who does not love Chin last night how he went to Kono and said he will be there for her when she needs him man I got tears in my eye's Love you Chin Ho Kelly

Now Max he is starting to get on my nervs to much screentime and what he did with the hand of the victim GROSS!!!

Lori was great she is growing on me it was great to see her sharing some scene's with both Steve and Danny.

I love the case this week great story good writing

NOW THE BEST PART FOR ME STEVE AND CATHERINE

How adorable was Steve to give her the flower I know he needed a favor again but still

And their last scene was killing me was this a goodbye forever at the look on Cath face she thinks it was but Steve wants to meet her half way so I don't know what to think

But I'm not ready to say Good bye to Catherine she is so perfect for Steve I really hope and wish this was not the last scene we saw of them together Steve needs a woman in his live where he can share things with.

I think Peter and company will wait of her show get a second season till then Steve is still with Catherine for me

Looking forward to next week that episode will be so intense I hope I don't get me disappointed how they handle the ending of Kono's 5 arc.

Last edited by Immunity; 10-11-2011 at 01:51 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Loved the episode.It was very intense and like Lena said there was so much going on.

The case was really interesting and touching with the old lady having a desease.I liked Lori and how she react on the sickness and she tried to protect the woman.

There was a lot of McDanno in the episode.They are back on working together.And I liked the solo scenes of Lori.She did a very good job and she was the one who met the killer.

The Steve and Catharine scenes were great.But I felt like they were keeping too much distance.He was going to buy her a dinner and I am so sad we did not see that actually.

I felt so sad about Steve when he found out that Joe did not do what he told him he did.I felt like Steve was betrayed for one more time.But he did not feel that way.At the end he told Joe he does not need to be protected.I guess there is a lot more going on there to be discovered in the future.(cannot wait).

There was a good chemistry between Danny and Autumn`s character.I think I might like them as a couple if it goes in this direction.He was so cute trying to figure out whether to ask her on a date or not.And he did it at the end.Which was cool and sweet.

I am confused about Kono.I wish she is doing undercover work but each episode I am getting more and more confused.I liked when Chin came to her home(very nice house by the way.I liked the sight of it) and told her he has been there and had felt the same way as she is.I think she felt guilty somehow.But if she is doing nothing really wrong there should be no guilt.Maybe just because she is hiding from her cousin.

I felt like in the end Steve and Catharine were saying a goodbye..........I expected it somehow but wished I was wrong.I mean,I know they arranged to meed halfway but when they hugged it really felt like a goodbye.I know what at least she is still alive and can be back any minute but the scene was so sad.........and I wish that Steve did not call her ''a good friend'' in front of Lori.He could have been more personal.And there was no kiss for goodbye which broke my heart...........

Reply   Post New Thread