Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 9.02 “Ke kanaka i ha’ule mai ka lewa mai ”(The man who fell from the sky) ~ October 5 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!

9.02 “Ke kanaka i ha’ule mai ka lewa mai” is Hawaiian for ”

“The Man Who Fell from the Sky”

WHEN AN UNASSUMING FAMILY MAN ON A FLIGHT TO HONOLULU IS KIDNAPPED AND FORCED TO PARACHUTE MID-FLIGHT, DANNY, TANI AND JUNIOR TRACK HIM THROUGH THE JUNGLE TO DISCOVER THAT HE MAY NOT BE WHO HE SEEMS, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 5

“Ke kanaka i ha’ule mai ka lewa mai” – When a vacationing dad on a flight to Honolulu is kidnapped and force to parachute mid-flight, Danny, Tani and Junior track him through the jungle to discover that he may not be who he seems. Also, McGarrett is threatened with a secret from his past, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Ke kanaka i ha’ule mai ka lewa mai” is Hawaiian for “The Man Who Fell from the Sky”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, McGarrett is threatened with a secret from his past – what do you think it is?! @HawaiiFive0CBS! 10/5 9pm http://bit.ly/2xJcjIL

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Rochelle Aytes (Agent Greer)
Jack Coleman (Agent Miller)

GUEST CAST:
Eric Steinberg (Captain Keo)
David Preston (Jack Teague)
Susan King (Holly Teague)
Kennedy King (Spencer Teague)
Conlan Casal (Man/Kidnapper)
Emi Sklar (Flight Attendant)
Vichen Jiang (Lead Merc)
Harrison Saito (Cadet Pearson)
Jiahndria Lozano-Day (Cadet Olina)
Kat Nakano (Passenger #1)
Anthony Johnson (Passenger #2)
Will Yeh (Guard)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove & Matt Wheeler
DIRECTED BY: Eagle Egilsson

Promo

Last edited by Immunity; 10-04-2018 at 02:45 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

i always find it interesting: first you wait for months - which feel like years - for the show to continue and then: just like that we already have the second ep of the season.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
thanks for the thread.

i always find it interesting: first you wait for months - which feel like years - for the show to continue and then: just like that we already have the second ep of the season.
You’re welcome

Know what you mean the waiting is so long and when the show is back time flies and before we know it the season is over.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:05 AM
Elite Fan

interesting episode, but i think the first one was better.

liked that everyone was there including eddie.

wonder what greer was talking about and when we'll get to know about it.

Spoiler:
Old 10-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. The episode had everything. Very interesting case with a lot of twist and turns. Good bromance scenes between Steve and Danny again. Action and humor. Each character had something to do. And the episode focused on the CIA storyline from episode 9.01. The last scene between Steve and Greer is intriguing (what happened in in Marrakesh?!).

It was nice to see Danny in jungle with Tani and Junior without Steve. Something fresh, great idea. And Steve's reveal the reason why he sent him with them was perfect. A big plus for showing Danny as a great detective and teacher, I want more such scenes. Captain Keo suprised me. From what we heard earlier it seemed that he would be a jerk. But it turns out that he is a good man and who respects Tani. Storyline "What happened in in Marrakesh" for sure will back soon. I can't wait what is going on. I am happy that the episode 9.02 was a continuation of the storyline from the first episode. Greer and Miller returned, as well as the storyline of the CIA and Chinese intelligence. I did not expect Miller's death. And I have a feeling that Greer escape very soon (her smile in the interrogation room).

"I hate it when mom and dad argue too". It was a hilarious line. Scenes with Renee car also were very funny. Steve can strongly argue with Danny, but a second later, Danny says: "Well, don't just stand there and be handsome", and we see this type of scene:

And later such a scene when Steve compliments Danny what a good detective he is. I love them, the McDanno scenes are great this season.

Last edited by Core 4; 10-06-2018 at 12:52 PM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)

"I hate it when mom and dad argue too". It was a hilarious line. Scenes with Renee car also were very funny. Steve can strongly argue with Danny, but a second later, Danny says: "Well, don't just stand there and be handsome", and we see this type of scene:
i agree those were great scenes. i love the comedic dialog on this show so much..

im interested in finding out what happens with Tani the detective guy from her past. what he will find out about the gun. and now that he is learning more about her past will she go back to pass her exam?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

It was a great Episode, I really liked how Tani considers 5-0 her family and if she was wrong she could lose them. Junior saying I hate when mom and dad fight too so cute, you can truly see that everyone in 5-0 is family, with steve and Danno as the parents. Another great episode full of great Mcdanno moments and just how strong a friendship these two have.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a good episode with lots of twist and turns which I liked very much we got some nice McDanno moments but come on what are these man stupid!!! Yes I agree with Danny why buried so much money in the ground in Steve back yard. Why not hiding it on Five-O Headquarters or in Steve's house.

I loved how Danny was a teacher for Junior and Tani in the Jungle.

Why!! oh Why! Tani did you go to Keo I don't trust him I foresee problems and drama for Tani. Never!!! go behind Steve back Tani should trust Steve more.

Ok!! Why does Five-O have to drive their own cars and why have to drive Steve all of them don't say he got car sick if he can't drive he is a SEAL he can handle everything!!

Greer got arrested I found it weird that only Steve brought her to the helicopter I expected more agents for such a villian. And what happend in Marrakash what was it what Steve have done in the past hopefully we will find out that soon.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)

1.but come on what are these man stupid!!! Yes I agree with Danny why buried so much money in the ground in Steve back yard. Why not hiding it on Five-O Headquarters or in Steve's house.

2. Why!! oh Why! Tani did you go to Keo I don't trust him I foresee problems and drama for Tani. Never!!! go behind Steve back Tani should trust Steve more.

3. and why have to drive Steve all of them don't say he got car sick if he can't drive he is a SEAL he can handle everything!!

4. Greer got arrested I found it weird that only Steve brought her to the helicopter I expected more agents for such a villian. And what happend in Marrakash what was it what Steve have done in the past hopefully we will find out that soon.
1. agree with that and at least i would have put it in a bag.

2. i don't trust him either and i think she trusts steve, but she doesn't see it as going behind his back. she knows that he will be worried about adam and what he might have done so she wants to find out herself. i don't think adam killed his sister, but i think the gun tani found is the gun she got killed with. and i am not sure what tani is going to do if she knows. so in the end it would have been better to tell steve in the first place.

3. i wanted to say he gets car sick, but because you asked us not to say that i am saying he is a controll freak. and what happened to the car didn't happen, because steve is a bad driver, but because it was the only way to get those people before they reach their embassy.

4. i found that weird too. not only was he alone she didn't exactly look like she was a traitor - more like a small-time criminal.
steve was a seal and i think he did things he isn't proud of and things he didn't like to do. but as he said they have followed orders.

Last edited by nuwanda; 10-07-2018 at 10:17 AM
Old 10-07-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
1. agree with that and i would have least put it in a bag.

2. i don't trust him either and i think she trusts steve, but she doesn't see it as going behind his back. she knows that he will be worried about adam and what he might have done so she wants to find out herself. i don't think adam killed his sister, but i think the gun tani found is the gun she got killed with. and i am not sure what tani is going to do if she knows. so in the end it would have been better to tell steve in the first place.

3. i wanted to say he gets car sick, but because you asked us not to say that i am saying he is a controll freak. and what happened to the car didn't happen, because steve is a bad driver, but because it was the only way to get those people before they reach their embassy.

4. i found that weird too. not only was he alone she didn't exactly look like she was a traitor - more like a small-time criminal.
steve was a seal and i think he did things he isn't proud of and things he didn't like to do. but as he said they have followed orders.
1. Exactly!! Steve has a dog he knows dog dig in the ground and so close to the water really!!!

Tani try to protect Adam because he saved her brother, Junior understand that but he also said go to Steve. Tani is afraid for what Steve will do with Adam if she knew Steve really then she knows Steve will do anything to find the truth he did it in the past for Adam and will do it again I know for sure Adam didn't kill his sister.

3. Also true Steve is a control freak and I remember the pilot when he sat in the back with Aton Hess no sickness there. I don't believe for one bit that Steve is car sick. There office is at HPD enough police cars they can pick.

4. I 100% agree so many SEAL's only listen to the orders they get I don't think Steve is anything to blame Greer tried to play with his head.

Sorry guys but some times I don't understand this show which I love so much maybe that is the reason things bother me
Old 10-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
1. Greer tried to play with his head.

2. Sorry guys but some times I don't understand this show which I love so much maybe that is the reason things bother me

1. that wasn't exactly what i meant. i think they have done something and whoever ordered it knows that these two did it, but the people affected don't and both greer and steve were hoping that they will never find out. hope this makes sense to you. don't know how to explain that better.

2.i know what you mean. sometimes the show is a little odd. i thought that last season when steve got the rest of the team out of the burning wood by lifting the house with a helicopter. but if you are looking for logical and/or realistic plots you can't watch television.
but i love the show anyway.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
1. that wasn't exactly what i meant. i think they have done something and whoever ordered it knows that these two did it, but the people affected don't and both greer and steve were hoping that they will never find out. hope this makes sense to you. don't know how to explain that better.

2.i know what you mean. sometimes the show is a little odd. i thought that last season when steve got the rest of the team out of the burning wood by lifting the house with a helicopter. but if you are looking for logical and/or realistic plots you can't watch television.
but i love the show anyway.
This makes totally sense to me Thanks for clearing this up and know you have said this I am more worried for Steve this season I wonder if we will find out soon.

well said I agree with you
Old 10-08-2018, 05:50 AM
Passionate Fan

About Tani and gun. Surely, if Ian did not filming Salvation, it would be Tani who would tell Steve right away. And even think that this storyline would not be at all. It was probably created that Adam somehow existed in the show until his return in episode 9.06. I understand Tani on one side, she do not want to disappoint Five-0 and Steve, and want to know exactly whether he is guilty or not. Will or not, she will tell Steve about it sooner or later. About Captain Keo, I have other feelings. According to the Tani in season 8, I thought he would be a jerk, but looks like he is a good man and he respects Tani. So I do not think he will have a motive in it.

Steve, Danny, and money.. I agree it was stupid idea from Steve. I'm definitely #TeamDanny in this case. But at least we had a cool McDanno moment. Marrakash I think has potential for an interesting stroyline for Steve. I'm curious what's going on.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
now you have said this I am more worried for Steve this season
sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by core 4
About Captain Keo, I have other feelings. According to the Tani in season 8, I thought he would be a jerk, but looks like he is a good man and he respects Tani. So I do not think he will have a motive in it.
i hope you are right.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
About Tani and gun. Surely, if Ian did not filming Salvation, it would be Tani who would tell Steve right away. And even think that this storyline would not be at all. It was probably created that Adam somehow existed in the show until his return in episode 9.06. I understand Tani on one side, she do not want to disappoint Five-0 and Steve, and want to know exactly whether he is guilty or not. Will or not, she will tell Steve about it sooner or later. About Captain Keo, I have other feelings. According to the Tani in season 8, I thought he would be a jerk, but looks like he is a good man and he respects Tani. So I do not think he will have a motive in it.

Steve, Danny, and money.. I agree it was stupid idea from Steve. I'm definitely #TeamDanny in this case. But at least we had a cool McDanno moment. Marrakash I think has potential for an interesting stroyline for Steve. I'm curious what's going on.
I can see that this could be the reason I hope you are right Bartek

we always love a good McDanno moment
Reply   Post New Thread