Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 8.12 “Ka hopu nui 'ana” (The Round Up) ~ January 5 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

8.12 “Ka hopu nui 'ana”

“The Future is in the Past”

MCGARRETT ROUNDS UP EVERY GANG-RELATED CRIMINAL ON THE ISLAND WHEN AN FBI AGENT WHO WAS CRACKING DOWN ON ORGANIZED CRIME IS KILLED, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 5

“Ka hopu nui 'ana”– When an FBI agent who was cracking down on organized crime is killed, McGarrett rounds up every gang-related criminal on the island to find the culprit. Also, McGarrett tasks Adam with forming a new division within Five-0 to take on organized crime, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
(“Ka hopu nui 'ana” is Hawaiian for “The Round Up”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, McGarrett has a new position for Adam and it’s intense. Sounds like the perfect job for @IanAnthonyDale! @HawaiiFive0CBS 1/5 9pm http://bit.ly/2z3EPFX

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Dr. Noelani Cunha)

RECURRING CAST:
Michelle Krusiec (Michelle Shioma)

GUEST CAST:
Nelson Omandam (Officer Ojoa)
Kip Pardue (Agent Fischer)
Gonzalo Menendez (Agent McNeal)
Jon Chaffin (Damien Bautista)
Marcelo Palacios (Hector Garcia)
Alexandra Hasenbank (Laura Fischer)
Lanny Joon (Brandon Kenzo)
Guy Orogo (HPD Lieutenant)
Merlinda Garma (Assistant)
Bill Maeda (Bodyguard)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove and Matt Wheeler
DIRECTED BY: Eagle Egilsson
Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 PM
New Fan

I dunno, maybe I wasn't in the mood. I fast forwarded though it. I missed Danny.
AJ2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:39 AM
Passionate Fan

WOW. Amazing episode. TOP3 this season. The action was breathtaking. Tani, I just love her, she is so amazing. Sorry Kono, but for me Tani is the best female character in H50. Junior in the first episode as member Five-0 confirms that he fits to the team. The last scene with Junior in the morgue was sad. Michelle Shioma is dead. Considering that the actress Michelle Krusiec was on the list of people who appear in episode, I suspected that it turns that she is alive. However, I was wrong.

I knew earlier that the storyline with Adam and the establishment of the division with organized crime will take place, and it was very interesting for me because it is a great storyline for the second part of the season. However, I had no idea that this storyline will develop so that it is someone outside of Hawaii, and that we will have some new Big Bad. I am intrigued. Some people speculate that responsible for this may be rogue faction of government that tried to blow up a plane in episode 7.24. But I think it's someone else. We'll see.

Last edited by Core 4; 01-06-2018 at 07:57 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

One of the best episodes it belongs in the top 5 well done writers this episode was a set up for the rest of the season!!!!

Five-O kicked some ass in this episode the action and twist and turns were fantastic!! love how Steve takes care of every team member. Steve and Eddie together are golden and seeing Eddie giving Grover the stinky eye was hilarious

Poor Junior he had a tough start on his first day , seeing a cop get killed was hard to see, but kudos to him to taking down the gunman.

Love Tani and how she and Junior are bonding together.

I am curious what Shioma had over Adam I hope one day Adam will find out

I have said this earlier this week and after watching this episode I think I may be right. Sounds like they are setting the show for a spin off or the end of the show in creating a a team especialized in fighting organized crime leading my Adam Noshimuri. Or Adam is all behind this I can't believe that but it is interesting that as soon as Adam arrives back on island, Shioma is killed and the violence starts.

This season is wonderful because I have no idea who is behind all this it's makes it even more funn to watch
Old 01-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I have said this earlier this week and after watching this episode I think I may be right. Sounds like they are setting the show for a spin off or the end of the show in creating a a team especialized in fighting organized crime leading my Adam Noshimuri. Or Adam is all behind this I can't believe that but it is interesting that as soon as Adam arrives back on island, Shioma is killed and the violence starts.
I don't think so. Next year will be another show in Hawaii - Magnum P.I. Besides H50 it will definitely get the next season, if Alex stays and everything indicates it. It just storyline created for Adam, perfect for him because he is connected with organized crime, he knows that world, so that's why Steve wants him to take care of it and get people to help him. Even for a minute I did not think that it would be spin off, because honestly for me it is not material for spin-off, but for a big storyline in H50. Some people thought they were introducing Abby because they want to do spin-off and it turns that it was just the storyline for the H50.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
I don't think so. Next year will be another show in Hawaii - Magnum P.I. Besides H50 it will definitely get the next season, if Alex stays and everything indicates it. It just storyline created for Adam, perfect for him because he is connected with organized crime, he knows that world, so that's why Steve wants him to take care of it and get people to help him. Even for a minute I did not think that it would be spin off, because honestly for me it is not material for spin-off, but for a big storyline in H50. Some people thought they were introducing Abby because they want to do spin-off and it turns that it was just the storyline for the H50.
What?! For real?
Old 01-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
I hope you are right Bartek and fingers crossed Alex stay's

Quote:
What?! For real?
Yes Christine also produced by Peter Lenkov I can't wait for it
Old 01-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

I give it 6/10 as it was IMHO an unrealistic episode

Steve is not deterred by no feds and in other TV shows play the feds unless you are on Criminal Minds, being stupid and arrogant

And that Tani really is growing on me. And she has more of a presence as one viewer put on here. Sorry Kono miss you

Junior will never make up for Chin's absence but he is his own man. Rough first day but he redeemed himself.

As really thugs overpowering the cops, really bad move there and unrealistic.

Thought the FBI bald head guy would be bad but thankfully he was not.

Adam having no police experience running his own unit. Spelling a spin off?!
Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Even though Jerry and everyone acted like they did a lot of digging to find the baddies, it didn't take long. But what do you expect in an hour. Was nice that Kamekona was a help. I am surprised that the National Guard wasn't kept on to guard the stockade. When the hooded gang came in and started shooting the HPD guard, I figured they were freeing everyone. Then instead of shooting everyone and they pulled the heads of the groups out, I figured that H50 or someone would come and save them.

Did like Tani tackling ex bf Damien Batista over the railing into the pool. But did feel bad when she stood looking at his dead body at the stockade. Lou does seem to play the Uncle good with her. Also did like Eddie woofing at him in the truck. It was nice to see Junior standing by the dead officer. It should show that someone new at-least has doubts and worries. But if this happens again, lets not see Junior ok with it to quickly. I to think junior should atleast call Duke, Sgt. Lukela. Just because Steve don't want to be called Sir, or Commander, it is still hard for someone who is taught to call adults, Mr this or Mrs. that, or by rank, (I know), to just in a couple weeks change to calling first names. I'm in my 50's and I still call adults older then me, Mr. and Mrs.

I can see that the FBI wanted to interview Adam, but with all the baddies that H50 rounded up, I would think that the FBI would be interested in that too. I did think that Agent Colin McNeal was dirty. But Agent Fischer(actor) has played baddies too in other series. Was worried about his family when we saw them together in the house.

Danny was missed. But they have stopped, unless I missed it, of saying what he is doing when he isn't there. it is just a throw away line, but it helps with the continuity. But if he's on the island, he would at least have called HQ to see if he was needed when he heard the news. Either of the FBI Agent shooting, or of the mass baddie arrests/shootings.

It can't be Wo- Fat behind it. But the computer genius, Aaron Wright (Joey Lawrence) is a possibility. But not sure he is worried about the other gangs on the island.

It will be interesting to see how Adam does with his special task force. And as posted above, Kono and Chin could come back and be part of it in the future.
Some of the above references are to statements on another forum board.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2016 (View Post)
I dunno, maybe I wasn't in the mood. I fast forwarded though it. I missed Danny.
i find most of the big case episodes dont have danny in it but it should have him in the episode

the ending of this episode was a big deal killing the mob bosses was huge

and yes adam in it always good i love that with him being there we still are connected with kono , so glad he will have his own storyline i just hope he doesnt get hurt
Reply   Post New Thread