Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 8.06 “M?hala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua” (Unfolded by the Water are the Faces of the Flowers) ~ November 10 ~Episode Discussion Thread!!

8.06 “M?hala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua”

“Unfolded by the Water are the Faces of the Flowers”

THE MURDER OF TWO TOURISTS LEADS FIVE-0 TO A TROUBLED MAN SUFFERING FROM MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 10

“M?hala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua” – The murder of two tourists leads Five-0 to a man suffering from multiple personality disorder, where one of them becomes violent and another is a child. McGarrett is accompanied on the case by a stress management consultant, whom Danny and the others have hired to help him manage his health, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“M?hala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua” is Hawaiian for “Unfolded by the Water are the Faces of the Flowers”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, Danny gives McGarrett an intervention 4 his stress! U gotta c this… @HawaiiFive0CBS 11/10 9pm http://bit.ly/2gwJtSI

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

RECURRING:
Claire Forlani (Alicia Brown)
Duane “Dog” Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter)

GUEST CAST:
Michael Weston (Oliver)
Jolene Purdy (Chloe Gordon)
Colin Owens (James)
Rayford Sewell (Todd)
Dollar Tan (Hali Mitchell)
Deborah Glazier (Dr. Linda Caldwell)

WRITTEN BY: Eric Guggenheim & Zoe Robyn
DIRECTED BY: Carlos Bernard
Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the scene with Steve and Eddie swimming.

The intervention was interesting Totally get it, but interesting. Nice that they all care about Steve so much - even those that just started working with him. And Chloe shadowing Steve and all the advice she was giving

Good case. The whole thing with Oliver and his multiple personalities. Sad and creepy. Nice that they brought in Alicia to help with the case and that she was able to get Oliver back.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode! The case of the week was very interesting, and villain someone like that did not have this on the show yet. Michael Weston did a great job in the episode. It was good to see Alicia again. Besides we have storyline with stress lady. Honestly when I heard that there will be such a storyline in the episode I was not convinced, but it came out great and funny. The scenes in Steve's house, scene in the car, a conservation between Danny and Chloe were really great. But the best scene was the last scene in episode. IT WAS AMAZING SCENE! ONE OF THE BEST MCDANNO SCEN IN H50 HISTORY! WOW! Finally Steve and Danny spoke honestly. I just love this scene and watch it all the time.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode it was funny and sad at the same time.

The beginning with Steve and Eddie swimming was wonderful.

Poor Steve he got a intervention in his own home one of the worst ever held IMO!! because Danny is worried about his health it brought us some funny moment with the stress lady Steve kept it together and was so polite The car scene's with Chloe were hilarious! it also gave us some info about the relationship of the boys Danny is still with Melissa she even life's by him and Steve is still seeing Lynn funny that the lady's talk to each other about the boys!

Great that Alicia was back again she was a wonderful help to solve this case!

The COTW was sad knowing there are people who really has this mental illness Michael Weston (Oliver) did a fantastic job!!

The best scene was the last 3 min for the first time Danny and Steve were really honest to each other both are scared and there is nothing wrong about to admit that for me it was the best McDanno scene I have seen in a long time!!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:22 AM
New Fan

love the episode.And that poor stress lady lol. But to be honest was sick when Steve mention Lynn name. I'm sorry but that is the most fake relationship it is laughable. Steve even lied about the fake sex he not getting. And to me Steve shouldn't had gotten mad at Danny for something Lynn big mouth was saying to Melissa because Danny wasn't the one talking about Steve love life that was all Lynn. Sorry about my ranting rally can't stand Lynn or Melissa. Can't wait for Steve to actually date someone he is happy with hoping it is Alicia really love her chemistry with steve. But really love the part where steve knew something was wrong with danny in the car and figure out the stress lady talk to danny. and really love the end part with danny and steve being honest with each other and steve told danny to never change that steve love him the way he is
linda5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda5576 (View Post)
love the episode.And that poor stress lady lol. But to be honest was sick when Steve mention Lynn name. I'm sorry but that is the most fake relationship it is laughable. Steve even lied about the fake sex he not getting. And to me Steve shouldn't had gotten mad at Danny for something Lynn big mouth was saying to Melissa because Danny wasn't the one talking about Steve love life that was all Lynn. Sorry about my ranting rally can't stand Lynn or Melissa. Can't wait for Steve to actually date someone he is happy with hoping it is Alicia really love her chemistry with steve. But really love the part where steve knew something was wrong with danny in the car and figure out the stress lady talk to danny. and really love the end part with danny and steve being honest with each other and steve told danny to never change that steve love him the way he is
Welcome to the H5O board linda5576

You read my mind I 100% agree with you I don't like Lynn and indeed their relationship is laughable and the sex talk made me sick It's time they find a nice girl for Steve or even with Alicia or bring back Catherine all is better then Lynn IMO!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:23 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Welcome to the H5O board linda5576

You read my mind I 100% agree with you I don't like Lynn and indeed their relationship is laughable and the sex talk made me sick It's time they find a nice girl for Steve or even with Alicia or bring back Catherine all is better then Lynn IMO!
thank you and glad to be on this forum. And thank you for agree with me. I'd think the problem with Lynn is that Alex and Sarah never act or work together on screen and it really show it. They acted like sibling then a couple and that is the problem. To me only reason Sarah got the part is because she and Alex are friends. Just like Alex said in one interview is some people he click with on screen and working a script together like he is excellent with the team and catherine because he click with them and that is why him and alicia click to. Really think the show should had their homework and found another actress to played lynn because sarah sucked at it IMOP

Old 11-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
thank you and glad to be on this forum. And thank you for agree with me. I'd think the problem with Lynn is that Alex and Sarah never act or work together on screen and it really show it. They acted like sibling then a couple and that is the problem. To me only reason Sarah got the part is because she and Alex are friends. Just like Alex said in one interview is some people he click with on screen and working a script together like he is excellent with the team and catherine because he click with them and that is why him and alicia click to. Really think the show should had their homework and found another actress to played lynn because sarah sucked at it IMOP

You're welcome

Yep she is not that great as a actress their scene's together are cringeworthy to watch like the last time when they went on a short Holiday trip with Danny and Melissa she even let Alex act bad IMO! Alex need someone like Claire Forlani (Alicia) who is a amazing actress just as Carol Burnett they made Alex look awesome!! I know Alex Sarah are fiends but it is not always a good thing to help a friend.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
You're welcome

Yep she is not that great as a actress their scene's together are cringeworthy to watch like the last time when they went on a short Holiday trip with Danny and Melissa she even let Alex act bad IMO! Alex need someone like Claire Forlani (Alicia) who is a amazing actress just as Carol Burnett they made Alex look awesome!! I know Alex Sarah are fiends but it is not always a good thing to help a friend.
totally agree with you. That is why i'd love this cast most of them worked with each other before this show. Scott and Chi was on Gone in Sixty Seconds,Daniel and Jorge and Terry were on Lost. and even if they never work with each other they all click or they help each other out like Scott help Alex with his script and show him the ropes since Alex was pretty much in the hollywood scene
Old 11-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
totally agree with you. That is why i'd love this cast most of them worked with each other before this show. Scott and Chi was on Gone in Sixty Seconds,Daniel and Jorge and Terry were on Lost. and even if they never work with each other they all click or they help each other out like Scott help Alex with his script and show him the ropes since Alex was pretty much in the hollywood scene
this cast is amazing the chemistry is awesome they show that in all the Ohana scene's this show is so good because Scott and Alex became also great friends I think when one of them leave's the show the other will follow immediately.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
this cast is amazing the chemistry is awesome they show that in all the Ohana scene's this show is so good because Scott and Alex became also great friends I think when one of them leave's the show the other will follow immediately.
so agree think scott sticking around just for alex. i'd can picture in my head alex's family hangout with scott's family when he went LA for his back treatment. and pretty much Josie and Lion pretty much the same age. This two are going to be best friends way after this show ends
Old 11-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I give it 8/10 as really Danny is the source of Steve's stress. And vice versa.

And really felt bad for Chloe and wished she sat in the car while the two went through the crime scene.

As really Danny needs to be sensitive and Steve needs to be not controlling

The C.O.T.W. went into the background very fast. And really think that it could had a PSA over on the way at the end of the show over mental illness and a hotline number.

But Michael Weston acted really good in the material he was given.

Junior I am loving and love his mannerisms. But please do not turn him into Steve.

Intervention scene is that at least Danny did show he cared.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry I VCR shows, so I get behind. Both the family intervention and Stress management lady, Chloe Gordon turned out to be a good story line. Was worried at first they would be a dumb back drop to the case of the week. But it turned out alright. Chloe or Danno didn't go to over board on the subject. Was funny to that Steve told Eddie he was a traitor. Steve telling all that Danny went down the WEBMD rabbit hole, was funny. Chloe didn't over play her position and scream or try to stop Steve in the course of doing his job. Also liked that team wasn't totally "all in on everything". Lou and Duane both had reservations but came along because they wanted to help Steve. The talk with Danny that both Chloe and Steve at the end had was good. It cleared a lot of air when Steve and Danny talked. It had to come out or they would both go insane eventually. Almost thought that Kamekona and Chloe would become a thing. But him telling her to leave his Shrimp Truck area for saying to cut back on Shrimp was probably irreversible, lol. But maybe Chloe could come back in another episode. Also it is nice to see Steve admit he is scared to of the radiation poisoning. But he must get regular check ups. Danno calling Steve his BFF was a bit odd, lol. But true. And yes, Lynn and Melissa talking about things like"how often, etc., did seem odd, but my wife let slip that when we were first together, her and her sister talked "kinda" the same way. She clammed up when I asked more, lol.

The "Case of the week" was very interesting. It is like a page out of Criminal Minds BAU case files. The actor playing Oliver Mathus did do a good job with multiple personalities and voices. They did a good job for what little time they had to develop it. Dr. Alicia Brown was useful in helping. Her watching watching the videos and then in Ollie's mom Claudia's dress worked out good. She knew what to say and what to do to help him and her not get shot. Also glad that Duke and his officers were smart enough to handle "Officer Pat Mathus" at the HPD without anyone getting hurt. Ofcourse the panels in the ceiling was another problem. But he didn't have time to think out all the possibilities.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread