Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 8.01 “Fire Will Never Say that It Has Had Enough” SEASON PREMIERE ~ September 29 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

8.01 Season Premiere!!

Our new Team member

8.01 “'A'ole e '?lelo mai ana ke ahi ua ana ia”

“Fire Will Never Say that It Has Had Enough”

MCGARRETT AND DANNY RECRUIT TANI REY TO JOIN THE TASK FORCE WHEN A DIABOLICAL HACKER RELEASES A DANGEROUS ARSONIST FROM PRISON, ON THE EIGHTH SEASON PREMIERE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, SEPT. 29

Meaghan Rath Joins the Cast as Tani Rey, the Newest Member of Five-0
Season Premiere Includes Animation of a McGarrett and Danno “Car-guement”
Randy Couture Returns Joey Lawrence Joins His Brother, Andrew, When He Guest Stars as a Diabolical Hacker

“'A'ole e '?lelo mai ana ke ahi ua ana ia” – McGarrett and Danny recruit Tani Rey (Meaghan Rath) to join the task force when diabolical hacker Aaron Wright (Joey Lawrence) releases a dangerous arsonist from prison, on the eighth season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Sept. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The season premiere includes animation of one of McGarrett and Danny’s infamous “car-guements.” Also, Randy Couture returns, and Joey Lawrence joins his brother, Andrew, when he guest stars as Aaron Wright, a hacker.

(“'A'ole e '?lelo mai ana ke ahi ua ana ia” is Hawaiian for “Fire Will Never Say that It Has Had Enough”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, say aloha 2 the tough & beautiful @MeaghanRath! Tani Rey is the newest member of @HawaiiFive0CBS! 9/29 9pm http://bit.ly/2glNfOj

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)

RECURRING CAST:
Andrew Lawrence (Eric Russo)
Randy Couture (Jason Duclair)

GUEST CAST:
Kunal Sharma (Koa Rey)
Paige Hurd (Samantha Grover)
Joey Lawrence (Aaron Wright)
Kekoa Kekumano (Nahele Huikala)
Mike Buck (Fire Captain)
Donta Tanner (Guard #1)
Jake Feagai (Guard #2)
Earnest F. Kong (Randy Tao)
Lawrence Guillermo (Co-Pilot)

WRITTEN BY: Peter M. Lenkov & Eric Guggenheim & Rob Hanning
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Last edited by Immunity; 10-05-2017 at 11:26 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy H5O day everyone!!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Happy H5O day everyone!!
OMG I'm so excited!
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hope everyone is pumped for tonight's premiere!

We've posted about the premiere and your episode discussion on 's Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, and Tumblr.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Milk-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:22 PM
New Fan

My first post here! A question please. Was there a Sunset on the Beach This year?
AJ2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching right now
Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic (View Post)
Hope everyone is pumped for tonight's premiere!

We've posted about the premiere and your episode discussion on 's Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, and Tumblr.
Thank You!

Quote:
My first post here! A question please. Was there a Sunset on the Beach This year?
Welcome to the board to answer your question there was no SOTB this year with the change in the team Peter Lenkov decided to do something later this season when the fans had met the new team members.

Gonna watch the show now
Old 09-30-2017, 01:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Thank You!

Welcome to the board to answer your question there was no SOTB this year with the change in the team Peter Lenkov decided to do something later this season when the fans had met the new team members.

Gonna watch the show now
Thanks for the reply. I am gonna watch too!
Old 09-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

So happy the show is back!!

I thought the premiere was great!! Love Tani from the start she has chemistry with both Steve and Danny and the girl is badass just as Kono was what a amazing fight scene we got between her and Duclair
Loved it when she shot Duclair in his knee she is exactly McGarrett

They did a great job of giving us right away so much backstory over Tani

The bromance is still amazing on the show McDanno starting a restaurant Fun!! Fun!! Fun!!

Steve carrying the cabin out with the helo was so over the top but it's H5O that the way they do it and we love it!!

The Best part of the premiere for me was hands down Danny explaining to Tami about Steve being a friend when you need one

Joey Lawrence (Aaron Wright) as a villian was unbelievable for me i found his role very weak

Anyone notice the little reference to Alex O'Loughlin's old show "Moonlight" When they were in the office looking at Aaron Wright's, he traveled under the name "Mick St. John," which was Alex O'Loughlin's character's name on that show.

I will gonna miss Kono and Chin but it was their choice to leave the show we have to move forward and I am lloking forward what Tani and Junior who we will meet later will bring to the show.

Last edited by Immunity; 09-30-2017 at 02:12 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:27 AM
New Fan

Oh Wow! I loved it. The fire effects were realistic enough to be real! Who else thought of the house in the Wizard of Oz during the rescue of Danny, Lou and Tani? I like the new team member. What a shame there was no beach premiere. The episode would have looked spectacular outside on that big screen. I loved the restaurant. It was good to see Steve and Co. again. albeit without Chin and Grace. They will be missed.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2016 (View Post)
Oh Wow! I loved it. The fire effects were realistic enough to be real! Who else thought of the house in the Wizard of Oz during the rescue of Danny, Lou and Tani? I like the new team member. What a shame there was no beach premiere. The episode would have looked spectacular outside on that big screen. I loved the restaurant. It was good to see Steve and Co. again. albeit without Chin and Grace. They will be missed.
Spectacular premiere episode with very nice figths Tani vs Dunclair and McGarret vs Dunclair. My only remark is that we really didn't need top see these burnt corpses so closely.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Awesome premiere. A lot of action, great bromance between Steve and Danny, return one of the best villains in the show, and amazing debut of Tani. I just love Tani, and this is just her first episode. She is badass, funny, pretty, I love her chemistry with Steve and Danny. Especially her scene with Danny was amazing. I can't wait for more scenes with her. Action in episode was amazing, fire scenes, fight scenes, and other scenes. After the arrival of Eric Noris at the end of season 7 as the successor Jeff Cadiente, the fight became longer and we got them more often. This I missed in recent seasons, besides a few exceptions.

Duclair was great as always, and he died as he wanted in the fire. I think it was good decision to kill him because he running away again from the prison or Five-0 would be predictable. It was cool to see Taylor, Denis and Kimme in opening theme. I like how to explain the absence of Chin and Kono. We do not do that they left, the series is still doing amazingly. Maybe one day they will back to the show.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Wow! Great premier, great episode. I agree with everyone on the all the points you've made. Tani is such an awesome character and a welcome addition to Five-0. Good casting decision.

That fire was horrific and very well presented. Duclair is so evil - death by fire was an appropriate end for him.

Loved the references to Chin and Kono. I wonder if that will be the end of it?

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:13 PM
New Fan

"Anyone notice the little reference to Alex O'Loughlin's old show "Moonlight" When they were in the office looking at Aaron Wright's, he traveled under the name "Mick St. John," which was Alex O'Loughlin's character's name on that show." Immunity quote.

Yeah, I did! I was a bit bit disappointed that he didn't crack a little acknowledging grin. There are still plenty of Mick fans out here!
Old 09-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Haven’t watched it all the way through yet, are there two new members in 50 (the task force) or just the new girl?
Tvfanatic32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread