Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 7.14 “Ka laina ma ke one” ( Line in the Sand) ~ January 20 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

7.14 “Ka laina ma ke one”

“Line in the Sand”)”

FIVE-0 GOES UP AGAINST AN AGGRESSIVE U.S. MARSHALL WHEN A MAN WANTED FOR MURDER SEEKS ASYLUM IN THE SOVEREIGN LAND BELONGING TO THE NATION OF HAWAII, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 20

Lou Diamond Phillips Guest Stars as U.S. Marshall Lincoln

“Ka laina ma ke one” – Five-0 must go up against an aggressive U.S. marshall, Lincoln (Lou Diamond Phillips), when a man wanted for murder escapes capture and seeks asylum in the sovereign land belonging to the Nation of Hawaii, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Ka laina ma ke one” is Hawaiian for “Line in the Sand”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 Ohana, say #Aloha 2 guest star @LouDPhillips! @HawaiiFive0CBS #CBS 1/20 9pm CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 GOES UP AGAINST AN AGGRESSIVE U.S. MARSHALL WHEN A MAN WANTED FOR MURDER SEEKS ASYLUM IN THE SOVEREIGN LAND BELONGING TO THE NATION OF HAWAII, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 20

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:
Kalani Queypo (Kanuha)
Dennis Chun (Sergeant Duke Lukela)
Lou Diamond Phillips (Lincoln)
Shawn Thomsen (Officer Pua Kai)
Jeffrey D. Sams (Devon Berris)
Bumpy Kanahele (Himself)
Matthew St. Patrick (John Berris)
Brandon Maka’awa’awa (Brandon)
Nathaniel Niemi (Doug)
Cathy Tanaka (DMV Instructor)
Wallace Salazar Jr. (HPD Officer #1)
Ryan Pagan (HPD Officer #2)

WRITTEN BY: Sean O’Reilly
DIRECTED BY: Peter Weller
Old 01-21-2017, 04:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. Very important for the people of Hawaii. With a great climate, and beautiful scenery. I always love when we show storylines related to Hawaii, history, traditions, etc .. So much waited for this episode of time, when I learned that episode will shot in Pu`uhonua O Waimanalo, and thus be linked to the Nation of Hawai'i. Besides people from Hawaii, probably not many know that we have such a sovereign place, so cool to learn something more about Hawaii, to see people who live in the old traditions, in palce where the majority are native Hawaiians. The end of the episode, when we have Ohana scene is the essence of this place. Bumpy of course, he is a real person, played of course by himself. Thanks to him, this place exists, since 1993 having sovereignty.

As for the "case of the week", I suspected that someone with two: a guardian or his brother (or both), will be responsible for the murder. Nevertheless, "the case of the week" was very good, and gained too much on the presence of Lou Diamond Phillips, a great and well-known actor, whom I have known from Young Guns and La Bamba. In general, thanks to the presence of the U.S. Marshals, the episode gained tension.

Besides, he was a great storyline of the renewal of driving license by Steve. Danny was in his world. A later scene in the Camaro, and talk about mind reading, too great. I must admit that this season, the relationship of Steve and Danny is better than in recent seasons, when often strongly insulted one another, this season it is rare, and I think it happened only in the first episodes of the season.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a good episode loved when Hawaiian history is woven into the storyline. which made this episode for me because the rest was not that great IMO

Loved Chin is so good to see him taking the lead more.

Sweet Ohana moment again on the end.

What was the purpose of the license/driving test for Steve I bet we will never hear about it again!!

I expected more from the storyline of Lou Diamond Phillips now he played a stupid character.

I agree with Bartek the relationship of Steve and Danny is better than in recent seasons, I hope they will continue this road because I love them even more now!!

Next episode February 3 we have a break for 2 weeks!!
Old 01-22-2017, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great story this week! I had no idea about Sovereign Hawaii. Glad they got to show us a different side of the culture.

Chin talking lead in his own way was nice to see.

Love Steve and Danny this week. I have no idea why was up with the driving test lol.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really am loving Chin all the time. He has developed. Out of all of them.

Steve is a reckless driver but still he has not endangered the public.

Lou's character was not giving really much to do. But at least he cooperated instead of give Five 0 turf war.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

I thought the driving test was funny - just seeing the expression on the instructor's face. She was terrified. But I agree that we probably will not hear anymore about it.

I also had no idea that there was a sovereign Hawaii. I'm glad that the episode brought that out because I imagine most people don't realize this. Loved the ohana moment.

Steve and Danny are acting more like partners and less like antagonists - this is a good thing!

Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread