Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 7.13 “Ua ho'i ka '?pua i Awalua” (The Clouds Always Return to Alawua) ~ January 13 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

Goobye! Max

7.13 “Ua ho'i ka '?pua i Awalua”

“The Clouds Always Return to Alawua”

AS MAX PREPARES TO SAY GOODBYE TO HIS FIVE-0 OHANA, THEY MUST INVESTIGATE A MURDER DURING A POLICE CONVENTION, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 13

Jimmy Buffett Returns as Frank Bama

“Ua ho'i ka '?pua i Awalua” – As Max prepares to say goodbye to his Five-0 ohana, they must investigate a murder during a police convention on the Island, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jimmy Buffett returns as Frank Bama.

(“Ua ho'i ka '?pua i Awalua” is Hawaiian for “The Clouds Always Return to Alawua”)

CHEAT TWEET: RT 2 say Aloha 2 #H50 Ohana @MasiOka 4 Max’s farewell! @HawaiiFive0CBS #CBS 1/13 9pm CBS Press Express | AS MAX PREPARES TO SAY GOODBYE TO HIS FIVE-0 OHANA, THEY MUST INVESTIGATE A MURDER DURING A POLICE CONVENTION, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 13

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
Al Harrington (Mamo)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Zach Sulzbach (Charlie Williams)
Kimee Balmilero (Noelani Cunha)
Jimmy Buffett (Frank Bama)
Willie Garson (Gerard Hirsch)
Tom Choi (Brian Hadley)
Brian McGovern (Edward Gabler)
Jason New (Jimmy Rorke)
Alex Mauga (G-Stealth)
Adrian R’Mante (Alan Mayfield)
Johnny White (Cop)

WRITTEN BY: Cyrus Nowrasteh
DIRECTED BY: Jim Jost

Promo

Old 01-14-2017, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Goobye! Max

Beside the first 3 annoying min this episode was a wonderful goobye to Max!

Loved how Jerry tried to help Max moving his stuff and find the diary's which gave us some great flashback's over 7 years with Max. Jerry is a great friend how he helped Max to open up was so sweet.

When Max gave his speech I lost it I cried he called Steve his brother Danny an inspiration and that Danny's sarcasm never bother him that Chin will be a amazing father to Sara and Grover that he has been adopted by Hawaii as one of her sons. He thanks Kono for bringing him and Sabrina together.

All of you will be ohana to me forever –Max

The beach scene was a magical Ohana moment one I will remember for a long time when Max tears up I had already used a bunch of tissues. Goobye!! Max hope we will see you again on the show in the future.

For me the case of the week came second it was ok what I found great on it was that we got a "Book 'em Danno" again

Kudos to Peter and staff for giving Max such a wonderful farewell

Last edited by Immunity; 01-14-2017 at 01:22 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

Loved the farewell to Max! That was so sweet! Have always loved the "Book 'em Dano" line...loved hearing it again last night!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
LoyalFreakLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Passionate Fan

What an emotional episode. I fall into pieces during this Max's farewell party, there were tears, it shows how much I love this show, and how much I liked Max, and how much I will miss him. I really liked how everything was done with the departure of Max. Great idea of ​​journal, so we saw a few scenes with Max from previous seasons. And it was easy to do, because Jerry appeared in the series until the fourth season. The end is something amazing, emotional, and essence of scenes with Ohana. Max finally opened up before the others, and his speech, and then goodbye to them, and yet different scenes from previous seasons, with the music, and then the song with the words "All good things got to come to an end", I was a just emotionally wreck. One of the best farewells of character in the tv shows ever. Just they do everything as they should, they proudly goodbye to him

I will really miss Max.. But that does not necessarily mean a total end because, as the actor himself revealed in an interview, there he is nothing against this, to appear in the future, as guest from time to time in the show, eg. dressing up for Halloween for Keenu Reevese character, or by Skype or by telephone. So maybe we will see him again one day? It would be beautiful. Besides, it confirmed what was expected. Noelani replace Max. For now, hard to say something more about her, because we see her a little, but if she get a little more air time, the more we will be able to tell her about. Certainly cool that this is someone who is Hawaiian, Of course I would prefer Mindy from the 5th season, but apparently the actress was unavailable.

Of course farewell Max is not the only storyline in the episode, because we have of course "case of the week", and I must say it was very good and interesting, with a few twists. It was nice to finally hear 'Book'em Danno'. Finally, because the last time they used this phrase, during the premiere of the fifth season. I hope that now they will from time to time use this phrase, because it a legendary phrase, and I always liked when they used 'Booke'em Danno' on the show. Besides, it was great to see again Hirsch and Frank. And that's it. Now I have to somehow take a rest after this emotions with Max.

Last edited by Core 4; 01-15-2017 at 03:17 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Max finally opened up before the others, and his speech, and then goodbye to them, and yet different scenes from previous seasons, with the music, and then the song with the words "All good things got to come to an end", I was a just emotionally wreck. One of the best farewells of character in the tv shows ever. Just they do everything as they should, they proudly goodbye to him
Same here Bartek after watching the beach scene I was a wreck the scene was so real it broke me...........................I second that I never have seen a goobye of a character like we saw Max got Peter Lenkov did an amazing job other shows can take a lesson from H5O.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode!!! It was the perfect tribute to Max filled with wonderful ohana moments. Just like everyone else, a lot of tissue was used by me. Loved the journals! Did anyone notice that ever thoughtful Max dusted his furniture as a final touch to the office he occupied for so many years? That made me cry too.

"Book 'em Danno." The most iconic phrase ever and I never get tired of hearing it. In the original series, IIRC that was said in every episode. I'm glad they used it here.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Max. And will miss him. And that he is in the door to be open for him to come back.

And that over on the Hirsch as really he is trying to be a recurring character. He gets annoying.

Wished that there were more scenes with Jerry and Max but sadly that won't be. Love the two nerds LOL!