Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 6.21 ~ “Ka Pono Ku'oko'a” (The Cost of Freedom) ~ April 22 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

6.21 “Ka Pono Ku'oko'a”

“The Cost of Freedom”

FIVE-0 GOES ON A MANHUNT WHEN A DELIBERATE CHEMICAL SPILL ENABLES SIX DANGEROUS PRISON INMATES TO ESCAPE, INCLUDING KONO’S HUSBAND, ADAM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 22

“Ka Pono Ku'oko'a” – Five-0 goes on a manhunt when a deliberate chemical spill enables six dangerous inmates to escape, including Kono’s husband, Adam (Ian Anthony Dale), on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, April 22 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“Ka Pono Ku'oko'a” is Hawaiian for “The Cost of Freedom”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, Five-0 goes on a manhunt & Adam is the target! 4/22 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 GOES ON A MANHUNT WHEN A DELIBERATE CHEMICAL SPILL ENABLES SIX DANGEROUS PRISON INMATES TO ESCAPE, INCLUDING KONO’S HUSBAND, ADAM, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 22

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

GUEST CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kekoa Kekumano (Nahele Huikala)
Randy Couture (Jason Duclair)
Michael Jay Green (Gerard Burns)
Matt Nelms (James Hamasaki)
Justin Welborn (Bobby Stockman)
Ari Green (Efrin Aquino)
Richard Brake (Henry Garavito)
Stephen Scibetta (FBI Special Agent Ed Scanlon)
Michelle Krusiec (Michelle Shioma)
Keane Ishii (HPD Officer Yo****o Shen)
Spam Laupola (Solomon Tuasopo)

WRITTEN BY: John Dove
DIRECTED BY: Peter Weller
Old 04-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Lena!!
Old 04-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Jo
Old 04-23-2016, 01:11 AM
Passionate Fan

The episode had been waiting for several months when I learned that the plot will be a little in the style of the TV series "Prison Break", which I love. And I was not disappointed, the episode was awesome, a lot of action, tension. Currently, 6.19 and 6.21 are my favorite episodes in season 6.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode, Great COTW, Great action, how closer to the end of the season the better the episodes get!!

Loved that everyone was involved with the same case, pitty Chin was in the office but I loved Grover and Kono together Grover had no doubt Adam was okay loved how carefull he was to Kono.

Glad Adam was okay but so sad he had to go back to prison poor Kono when will this girl get's a break

Loved Steve in this episode he was so thoughtfull, tried not to upset Kono and his last sence with Nahele was heartbreaking. I hope Steve will take care of Nahele I love to see Steve softer side.

Maybe it was me but I felt that Danny was a bit off this episode somehow I see Grover now more as a team member then Danny never thought I would say that

Well it seems Gabriel has a target on his back the Yakuza is mad because Gabriel lied to them. this was only forshowing what will gonna happen to him .

Was great to see Jason Duclair (Randy Couture ) was helping Adam. The other killer was so creepy!! Lucky Adam had good eyes he knew what the creep did.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, and 6.24 and 6.25 promise to be even better. And 6.22 and 6.23 looks also will be great. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Well it seems Gabriel has a target on his back the Yakuza is mad because Gabriel lied to them. this was only forshowing what will gonna happen to him.
Yakuza is mad, specifically speaking Michelle Shioma, because Gabriel killed her father. And she want kill him.

Last edited by Core 4; 04-23-2016 at 07:39 AM
Old 04-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
Yes, and 6.24 and 6.25 promise to be even better. And 6.22 and 6.23 looks also will be great. I can't wait.

Yakuza is mad, specifically speaking Michelle Shioma, because Gabriel killed her father. And she want kill him.
Me either the last 4 episodes will gonna be EPIC!!

Can't blame her hope she will succeed
Old 04-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great episode!!!! Loved everything about it. Agree with everything you said Lena!

Kamekona and Nahele calling Steve for the "emergency"

Danny isn't around much anymore and when he is, they don't give him much scene for us to connect with him again since he's gone all the time.

Grover and Kono he never doubted Adam one bit!! Loved their interactions.

Steve with Nahele and their talk I also love seeing that side of Steve, Lena

I don't know why I like Duclair, maybe because I'm impartial to Randy Couture , but I was glad they helped each other. I wonder if he died?

FOUR more episodes only?! Man So fast! At least they are going to amazing!!
Old 04-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
Kamekona and Nahele calling Steve for the "emergency"

Danny isn't around much anymore and when he is, they don't give him much scene for us to connect with him again since he's gone all the time.
IKR!! .......I forgot to mention that Steve first thoughts were if Nahele was okay see that is the Steve I love so much

Yeah! what is up between Steve and Danny......somehow Danny (Scott) lost his vibe McDanno get's a bit boring I love Steve/Grover more these day's

Last edited by Immunity; 04-23-2016 at 11:51 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

It depends on the episode, it is not always great, but it is not bad. In the last episodes, in 6.17 Danny had a great scene with Steve. In 6.18 Danny was great an badass, and had a very cool scene with Steve. In 6.20 also had a great scene/scenes with Steve. In the last 6 episodes will have a lot of Danny, what makes me happy. And generally beyond the 5 episodes in which he was not, it usually we see a lot of him in the episodes (except maybe two episodes). As for the fact that he had doubts about Adam, someone had to have doubts, because it would be too naive, if everyone would believe him, they gave a little uncertainty regarding Adam in episode. If it would not be Danny, it would probably be someone else.

Last edited by Core 4; 04-23-2016 at 02:52 PM
Old 04-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode. Interesting that the first and last scenes were with Steve and Nahele. One funny, one unbelievably sad.

Quote:
Yeah! what is up between Steve and Danny......somehow Danny (Scott) lost his vibe McDanno get's a bit boring I love Steve/Grover more these day's
I feel the same way about Steve and Grover. Lately it seem that Danny either has a really good episode or he's there for comic relief. He does better by himself too.

Poor Kono - I have no words but my heart breaks for her.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
I really liked this episode. Interesting that the first and last scenes were with Steve and Nahele. One funny, one unbelievably sad.

I feel the same way about Steve and Grover. Lately it seem that Danny either has a really good episode or he's there for comic relief. He does better by himself too.

Poor Kono - I have no words but my heart breaks for her.
Love the scene's with Steve and Nahele Steve need someone in his live he can take care of.

Some times I have a feeling that Scott has enough of Hawaii and the serie but when I look to his centric episode with the bus he rocks it so yeah I am with you I have no clue what to think of it!!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Passionate Fan

But Scott has had enough of Hawaii for a long time (several years, he even spoke about it during season 3 I think). This is nothing new. I wonder if will be a season 8 (I suspect that season 7 may be the last season of H50), if he will be still in the show, because he probably has a contract only for season 7 (as other members of the cast). Although for several seasons we worried, and every time he was on the show, so there is no need to worry anyways. For me, still Danny is awesome. Anyone can happen one worse episode (others also had worse episode this season, eg. Steve or Grover), but he is still a great character.

Last edited by Core 4; 04-25-2016 at 05:38 AM
Old 04-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Plus I think that Scott wants to do more movie and more writing and directing. As well as stay in LA for his baby daughter. IMHO that is.

But really love McGrover as it is all in good fun. Come a long way with those two.

Great episode but hate it that Adam had to go back to jail.

Kono would had been asked to sit this one out if it were a real life situation.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussion and thread.